Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were considered the leaders in August so figured he went with a more stable program and Clemson already had 3.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Episode 19 Sign GIF by The Simpsons

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe that's him just attempting to be optimistic and positive. You should try it sometime.

I used to be considered a pumper, but 15 years of garbage kinda takes optimism out of ya. We suck until we don’t (motto for my Jags too)

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, you just always seem to be arguing with him. Doesn't seem accomplish much.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I really wish we'd stop blaming every lost recruiting battle on nil. I guess this is the first time in history high school kids have gotten money or benefits to play college football? It's been going on forever, they just gotta pay taxes on it now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really disagree with you. If NIL is why the blue chippers are going where they are, then the NIL game at UF has to be brought up to snuff. Go recruit a billionaire alum like Miami.

I think it sucks that's where college football is, but there's no time to wallow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I really wish we'd stop blaming every lost recruiting battle on nil. I guess this is the first time in history high school kids have gotten money or benefits to play college football? It's been going on forever, they just gotta pay taxes on it now.
I still think that's the primary reason in most cases. If a kid can get $500,000 in one place, or $2 million in another, what is he going to choose? That's going to trump the team he prefers, the scheme he prefers, the team momma prefers, everything. Teenagers aren't thinking what's best for them years down the line, they are thinking about now. They aren't rational. Were YOU rational at 18? I sure as hell wasn't.

That RB that went to Jackson State over FSU is the poster child for this. By every indication, McClain was a Gator until he got the $$$ offer from Miami. That's not me sucking on the staff, I think that's what friggin' happened. If UF wanted McClain, they should have matched the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator