Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Here is the running list of guys who did not commit “on national television” or at all tonight to the Gators:

In attendance tonight.

Maryland transfer DL Darrell Jackson - arrived Thursday

5* offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa

5* athlete Samuel M'Pemba

5* cornerback Cormani McClain

4* interior offensive lineman Knijeah Harris

4* defensive lineman Will Norman

4* offensive tackle Lucas Simmons

4* defensive lineman Wilky Denaud

4* wide receiver Aidan Mizell

4* defensive lineman Tomarrion Parker

4* running back Treyaun Webb

4* safety Kenton Kirkland

4* defensive lineman Jordan Hall

4* wide receiver Hykeem Williams

4* wide receiver Tyler Williams

4* defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc

4* defensive lineman Gavin Hill

4* wide receiver Eugene Wilson III

3* wide receiver Andy Jean

3* offensive lineman Bryce Lovett

3* offensive lineman Tommy Kinsler

3* defensive lineman Kamran James

3* wide receiver Tyree Patterson

3* athlete Kylen Webb

wide receiver Jaren Hamilton

2024 4* wide receiver Chance Robinson

2024 4* wide receiver Earl Kulp

2024 4* athlete Fred Gaskin

2024 4* safety Brayshon Williams

2024 4* quarterback Jake Merklinger

2024 4* wide receiver Mazeo Bennett

2024 4* safety Ryan Mack

2024 4* running back Chauncey Bowens

2024 3* quarterback Judd Anderson

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
mr-bean-waiting.gif

Here is the running list of guys who did not commit “on national television” or at all tonight to the Gators:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Consensus 4* DL Will Norman is trending heavily towards UF. He loved his visit.

6'4-6'5, 276-290
Ntl, DL, FL
On3 - 228, 32, 45
247 - 169, 26, 33
Espn - 80, 7, 16
rivals - 76, 2, 13

“Me and coach Spenc have definitely had a good relationship. We had a relationship even before he was recruiting me to Florida; we had a relationship back when he was at the Giants.

“He used to drop gems on me and help me get ready for IMG. Now that he has translated into my college recruiter, it’s definitely eye opening and it’s definitely comfortable.”
~ Will Norman

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Supposedly, one of our top priorities at DB is going to pop a commitment any day according to that guy on tos. Ive heard it before and not holding my breath, but hey, maybe he finally gets lucky this time.

Lol...that Q guy on the other site who makes bold predictions like the one above has taken a hiatus from the board because he is tired of the negative nellies questioning him. And guess what...no DB has popped a commitment yet. There are a lot of great things being said directly quoted by all the top recruits who were in attendance last night but there are no commitments.

But that doesn't change the fact that this staff is working their butts off to recruit.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Lol...that Q guy on the other site who makes bold predictions like the one above has taken a hiatus from the board because he is tired of the negative nellies questioning him. And guess what...no DB has popped a commitment yet. There are a lot of great things being said directly quoted by all the top recruits who were in attendance last night but there are no commitments.

But that doesn't change the fact that this staff is working their butts off to recruit.

Unless they specifically grew up gator fans and are a legacy, I'd be shocked at a top recruit like Cormani or LeBlanc committing this early. There were supposed "insiders" on On3 saying the same thing as Que. They were all wrong as well. So far, the only insider I have seen worth anything in a poster named kcgator. He doesn't post often and doesn't sensationalize when he does post. The longer these players hold out, the better their NIL may be. Committing early is bad business.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Unless they specifically grew up gator fans and are a legacy, I'd be shocked at a top recruit like Cormani or LeBlanc committing this early. There were supposed "insiders" on On3 saying the same thing as Que. They were all wrong as well. So far, the only insider I have seen worth anything in a poster named kcgator. He doesn't post often and doesn't sensationalize when he does post. The longer these players hold out, the better their NIL may be. Committing early is bad business.

I think we’ll get a couple early commits, but I still see most kids doing it at things like Summer events, games in the fall, or on ENSD. I don’t think we change that just because we’d like to.

One thing that I feel is a misconception about the signing day being moved up by two months, is that it automatically means everything else will be moved up by two months. While it makes sense in theory, it’s not practical, if for no other reason than some things can’t be moved up. Last night is a perfect example of that. Spring games are going to be spring games. Summer camps and visits are still going to be summer camps and visits. And kids who want to see game day atmospheres for big games in the fall are still going to be popular OV situations. What the early signing period did was allow those kids that were done by Fall, who’s done their visits, talked to their various coaches, spoken with family, etc. to sign and get it over with, rather than face 2 months of calls and prying from all the other coaches. I don’t think the average kid is deciding any easier than they always did. They can just announce and be done earlier if they choose.

I’ve mentioned this before, but nearly every big name from our infamous 2006 class announced either the night of the fsu game or after. Tebow, Harvin, Spikes, etc. That’s not changing, imo. And if a kid does decide in the last semester of his junior year, but also states that he’ll take all visits, the first response would be, “that doesn’t sound like much of a commitment”. There are exceptions but most of these kids will keep the same timetable as always.

What can’t be done, as we saw recently, is just starting to get in to the conversation in Fall(or even after the “playing season”). That’s what always hurt us, including this year with Napier. You’re not beginning a relationship and closing these kids within a few months when all the other coaches have been at it for a year plus.

Bottom line, it is a sale and like all sales requires a pipeline to be built up. If every visitor from last night decided to commit on the spot, we probably couldn’t except them all. You are never going to land all of your options. But if you’re in the running for a large amount of top shelf talent, inevitably it will come through. That’s just sales and a numerical certainty.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are leading for the Maryland transfer DT. I would think we’re also leading for Tampa WR Eugene Wilson who will probably end up being a top 30 player when it’s all said and done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Strangely, that same list of players didn't commit to ANYONE during that time. Maybe, you know, because it's April? :crazy:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
'Ol Sec now pretending he was joking. My friend, we're all just hoping you can make it to the Utah game without slitting your wrists.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Consensus 4* DL Will Norman is trending heavily towards UF. He loved his visit.

6'4-6'5, 276-290
Ntl, DL, FL
On3 - 228, 32, 45
247 - 169, 26, 33
Espn - 80, 7, 16
rivals - 76, 2, 13

“Me and coach Spenc have definitely had a good relationship. We had a relationship even before he was recruiting me to Florida; we had a relationship back when he was at the Giants.

“He used to drop gems on me and help me get ready for IMG. Now that he has translated into my college recruiter, it’s definitely eye opening and it’s definitely comfortable.”
~ Will Norman
It definitely sounds like he was definitely serious. Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator