Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Evaluation matters a ton, so prove the homework was right. There are hidden gems if you can find them. In that regard an individual rank isn’t that important.

BUT

If our average isn’t in that .95 range once we’ve got 12-15 commits then the dynamic won’t have changed. You can have a few of those individual reaches but the bulk of the class has to pull us up to top 3-5.

I think these guys are ours to lose. Am I wrong?

Oh...and this guy...

...but we just took Patterson so........

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
By the way, if you actually go and look at Patterson's track times, that 100m time is an outlier. He has been a 4x100m runner except for that one race in February. He is not listed as runner 1 for any of his 4x100m events. The winner of that particular 100m had a 11.31 time (slow). Times across the board for that race were a little high compared to other races. Basically, not going to focus on the 100m time.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Oh...and this guy...

247 has recently bumped Creed Whittemore to 216 nationally, 21 Ath, and 42 Fl. It is a huge bump. He may go higher. I want him in this class because we need another slot besides Wilson and Creed is extremely fast.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Evaluation matters a ton, so prove the homework was right. There are hidden gems if you can find them. In that regard an individual rank isn’t that important.

BUT

If our average isn’t in that .95 range once we’ve got 12-15 commits then the dynamic won’t have changed. You can have a few of those individual reaches but the bulk of the class has to pull us up to top 3-5.

Excellent post. The only concern I have in this take is the timing. The days leading up to NSD of some of our most heralded classes have always had some off the radar types. The difference with the last two coaches is those names were front loaded. I don’t think that’s the case here, but agree that if we’re making a living off of players such as this, it’s not going to end any better than the others.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Excellent post. The only concern I have in this take is the timing. The days leading up to NSD of some of our most heralded classes have always had some off the radar types. The difference with the last two coaches is those names were front loaded. I don’t think that’s the case here, but agree that if we’re making a living off of players such as this, it’s not going to end any better than the others.

Good point - best to be stretching when you’re filling out a class rather than starting one.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think what is telling is that within an hour of going public with Gator Collective he was getting calls from recruit's parents. These recruits and parents are looking for the best paying job. We can recruit like the big boys but if we ain't paying like the big boys We aren't going to crack the top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator