Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Just for fun, an update on Miami commit Cormani McClain after his LHS Dreadnaughts punched their ticket to the championship game.

McClain did not dress for the quarter final Thanksgiving weekend since he did not participate in the teams practice leading up to the win. Somehow, Castle reinstated him for last nights game, I assume he practiced last week.

Osceola KO to open the game and McClain who is positioned behind the front line blockers has an easy fair catch to let LHS start on the 40. Instead he tries to catch it above his head and muffs it, Osceola recovers. On the first play from scrimmage flags fly. McClain is called for a personal foul for some infraction we could not determine from the stands. Two more personal fouls are called on McClain in first half. In the second half he intercepts an errant throw and when knocked out of bounds he throws the ball high in the air, the yellow flag hit the ground before the ball for his fourth personal foul of the game. 60 yards in penalties against the 5* superstar corner in the semi-final.

I'm shocked that Castle, who is the all time leader in wins for a HC in Florida HS football still allows this clown to suit up. His on field talent is exceptional, his head is clearly up his azz. Glad he's a Cain he will fit right in.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just for fun, an update on Miami commit Cormani McClain after his LHS Dreadnaughts punched their ticket to the championship game.

McClain did not dress for the quarter final Thanksgiving weekend since he did not participate in the teams practice leading up to the win. Somehow, Castle reinstated him for last nights game, I assume he practiced last week.

Osceola KO to open the game and McClain who is positioned behind the front line blockers has an easy fair catch to let LHS start on the 40. Instead he tries to catch it above his head and muffs it, Osceola recovers. On the first play from scrimmage flags fly. McClain is called for a personal foul for some infraction we could not determine from the stands. Two more personal fouls are called on McClain in first half. In the second half he intercepts an errant throw and when knocked out of bounds he throws the ball high in the air, the yellow flag hit the ground before the ball for his fourth personal foul of the game. 60 yards in penalties against the 5* superstar corner in the semi-final.

I'm shocked that Castle, who is the all time leader in wins for a HC in Florida HS football still allows this clown to suit up. His on field talent is exceptional, his head is clearly up his azz. Glad he's a Cain he will fit right in.
I get what you're saying. He's a kid that gotten too big for his boots. But humility comes with life lessons. He'll learn.

He's super talented. He'll have the same impact next year as Harold Perkins is having this year.

Would be great if he made his way back to the good guys.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I get what you're saying. He's a kid that gotten too big for his boots. But humility comes with life lessons. He'll learn.

He's super talented. He'll have the same impact next year as Harold Perkins is having this year.

Yikes. You have lunch with stephenpe or something? I’m on Joe’s side here.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yikes. You have lunch with stephenpe or something? I’m on Joe’s side here.
I'm assuming, based on Joe's description of the coach, that the players behavior is recent and not chronic.

If that's the case, then I still want to see him in the O&B.

I think he's going to be a gamechanger.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So when does he learn these life lessons?

He sounds like a significant portion of the players in the NFL. So I guess their lessons are pending too.

If you’re talented there are plenty of people willing to put up with your sh!t no matter what. Sad reality today.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm assuming, based on Joe's description of the coach, that the players behavior is recent and not chronic.

If that's the case, then I still want to see him in the O&B.

I think he's going to be a gamechanger.

Well in his first chance at a life decision he chose a terrible program and to not be coached by a guy who’s put dozens in the NFL. Assuming that sticks, I think he washes out and ends up at a Lakeland area Home Depot. Obviously things are fluid and a lot can change. But gun to my head, I’m gonna say Lawn and Garden.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

Another sociopath cane. Big surprise. Probably spend lots of time at the beach showing off his gold teeth and telling coaches to get off his nuts.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Well in his first chance at a life decision he chose a terrible program and to not be coached by a guy who’s put dozens in the NFL. Assuming that sticks, I think he washes out and ends up at a Lakeland area Home Depot. Obviously things are fluid and a lot can change. But gun to my head, I’m gonna say Lawn and Garden.
Going to have to completely disagree with this take. And quite frankly, I'm a little surprised at this level of ignorance coming from you. I know it often appears otherwise, but Home Depot can very particular about who they hire; especially for the L & G department. Given the whole gun to the head thing, I'm going to assume you came to this conclusion under duress.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I said this before and was chastised. I believe Miami and the U attract kids that may not fit into a Napier culture.
It may not be all NIL.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

I was excited when he transferred over to LHS prior to the season. He is a true lockdown corner albeit very thin. I love his aggressive approach to coverage so he isn't overrated, but I doubt he will be Harold Perkins level impact.

As to commitment and personal decision making I've come to conclude he is somewhat of a azz., too much money, unearned and untimely can do that to a person. The coach did not allow him to dress for two games this season for unexcused absence from practice. One in the quarter final match up. That speaks to lack of commitment to the team and I doubt these infractions have gone unnoticed at UF and other programs who recruited him so heavily. UM is still nothing but a shtshow so IMO they deserve each other.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said this before and was chastised. I believe Miami and the U attract kids that may not fit into a Napier culture.
It may not be all NIL.

Look, don’t make a big production. Don't make up an elaborate story. This will help you avoid a big tear-jerking scene. If you want to start frequenting other boards, say so

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

5 star 6'3" 255 EDGE- Probably the leghumpers or Bamma... but it could be us.

Every time I see his name spelled I think of Mushmouth from Fat Albert. Mushmouth.jpg

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

5 star 6'3" 255 EDGE- Probably the leghumpers or Bamma... but it could be us.

Everything I see his name spelling I think of this guy
View attachment 51876

Won’t be watching. Not so much about our chances, but generally someone with a shirtless pic as their Twitter profile is a sure sign it’s not someone I want to follow. Plus I have no idea what this “tm” is or why the spacing between the end of his sentence and the exclamation points. Sorry. Do not want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.