2023 Win or get the fu(k out

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
BN started the year off with a big W but there was a negative trendline as the season progressed. Ending on a 3 game losing streak doesn't instill a ton of confidence and when compared to other first year coaches this year has no doubt been a huge disappointment.

BN is a process guy who hasn't shown me much in the way of providing a coaching advantage or leadership for that fact.

I'm still on the fence with one leg hanging on for dear life and will patiently await for the following to occur. He must at a minimum get an OC if not a DC as well and must hit it big @ ESD and the transfer portal. Otherwise I'm taking the other leg off the fence post.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's time @FireFoley retires his avatar. We can't heal the wound without moving on. We've hit bottom. It's time.

Y’all can make fun of FireFoley all you want but there’s merit to his position.

We all talked about burning down the athletics department as the best way to fix the problem yet the administration IS the athletics department.

- Napier is not the answer- Stricklin hired him.
- Stricklin is not the answer - Why is he here?
Stricklin is here because our first three choices for AD passed on the job because they didn’t want Fooley looking over their shoulder constantly.

If we’re honest with ourselves we can admit that in general the entire athletics program is in decline and has been for several years ( the only exception is the track and field program because the administration leaves Holloway alone) and the timing correlates to the arrival of our fourth choice for AD.

You want to fix the athletics department then the solution starts with the AD’s office and in order to get the right person, you must remove the shadow hovering over the AD’s office.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Stricklin is here because our first three choices for AD passed on the job because they didn’t want Fooley looking over their shoulder constantly.

If we’re honest with ourselves we can admit that in general the entire athletics program is in decline and has been for several years ( the only exception is the track and field program because the administration leaves Holloway alone) and the timing correlates to the arrival of our fourth choice for AD.

You want to fix the athletics department then the solution starts with the AD’s office and in order to get the right person, you must remove the shadow hovering over the AD’s office.
Careful, you're really close to making the point that the last AD was successful.

That will NOT go over well, here.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
What did we all say when Napier was hired?
"We don't care what the record is as long as we see improvement."
Well? How you feeling?
If there was improvement as the season went on, we don't lose the last three games...but especially not to a classically bad Vandy whose only other wins were Hawaii, Elon, Northern Illinois and Kentucky (after they mailed it in). So coaching improvement...definitely not. In fact, I think we have seen a regression in development, game planning and game day coaching.

I like that we are at least trying to land big time recruits and are on their radar. That is improvement from the last two coaches for sure. If that ends up not working out, I will be disappointed, but still acknowledge improvement, but not monumental as I had hoped.

Portal - TBD. Since that opened, we have had decent results, so if there was improvement last year, it was slight. There is an opportunity this year for marked improvement, but that is yet to be seen.

First year grade - D- with finals out there to improve overall grade.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie Pell
1979 0-10-1
1980 8-4 Biggest improvement in school history
1981 7-5
1982 8-4
1983 9-2-1
1984 9-1-1 First SEC - Stripped - Thanks U Toothless/Doug Dickless

That's what a total rebuild looks like. At the same time he revamped UF Facilities and the Boosters. It was Pell that changed the culture at UF. Up until then we were second tier. JUST LIKE NOW Yeah most of y'all are spoiled.

All these youngsters with the negativity.
i knew there was a reason we connect. You nailed it Nola. Pell was the catalyst. But Graves did some good work too winning 70% of his games. Getting SOS and us to our first New Years day bowls..........
:pe:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What did we all say when Napier was hired?
"We don't care what the record is as long as we see improvement."
Well? How you feeling?
Nailed it.

There's a bunch of us that were laughing at pumpers who were predicting 9/10/11 wins this year. I stated for the record that if we win 9 but have another mullen class he's as good as gone, but we can lose 6 as long as we show consistent on field progress and get a top 5 class and ill be ecstatic for the future.

Well, we lost 6 plus the bowl, our best effort was the very first game and its been egregiously worse from week to week since, and it appears that we will get a class marginally improved from mullen. What's funny is the ones predicting 9/10/11 in year 1 are his current defenders, while those of us that expected 6 are angry, but its because of the other areas.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I predicted 8-4. Mullen was lazy. Butters was lost. Napier is neither.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Nailed it.

There's a bunch of us that were laughing at pumpers who were predicting 9/10/11 wins this year. I stated for the record that if we win 9 but have another mullen class he's as good as gone, but we can lose 6 as long as we show consistent on field progress and get a top 5 class and ill be ecstatic for the future.

Well, we lost 6 plus the bowl, our best effort was the very first game and its been egregiously worse from week to week since, and it appears that we will get a class marginally improved from mullen. What's funny is the ones predicting 9/10/11 in year 1 are his current defenders, while those of us that expected 6 are angry, but its because of the other areas.
Very well said.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Certainly understand where you are coming from. But, come on man! With all do respect. Nobody here wants to drive a 1978 Chysler LaBaron when we can afford a 2022 Ford F150!
Old dont always means it sucks..........I can think of more than a few better than that 2022.
1968-pontiac-gto

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Will wait to see what signing day and transfer portal produces but coaching the team he had was a real dissapointment.

In hindsight his previous success may have been that he had an Alabama-type recruiting machine in a conference that couldn't compete with that. Won't ever be the case in the SEC.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Will wait to see what signing day and transfer portal produces but coaching the team he had was a real dissapointment.

In hindsight his previous success may have been that he had an Alabama-type recruiting machine in a conference that couldn't compete with that. Won't ever be the case in the SEC.
This is what I've been saying. He's copying Saban's machine from the post-Tebow era. Saban had such a huge advantage in recruiting, no one wanted to compete against him. His offenses were as vanilla as they come, but it didn't matter. Even lowly, errand-boy QB McElroy was able to win there because he was surrounded with so many 1st round draft picks. That type of advantage won't be possible anymore.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
In a world of cynics, skeptics and pessimists Nola and I will continue to carry the banner in all kinds of weather (posed to freeze bigly here this week) not because we embrace mediocrity but because we have faith. And all the other cliches like "Rome took some time to construct" "Good things come to those that wait" "Winners never quit and quitters never win" and its "always darkest before the light" etc etc etc........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In a world of cynics, skeptics and pessimists Nola and I will continue to carry the banner in all kinds of weather (posed to freeze bigly here this week) not because we embrace mediocrity but because we have faith. And all the other cliches like "Rome took some time to construct" "Good things come to those that wait" "Winners never quit and quitters never win" and its "always darkest before the light" etc etc etc........

I love that you and NOLA have become best friends and can really lean on each other on this subject. Would it be ok if I pick the next topic of debate? I’m sure you’re gonna be like peas and carrots on that one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator