Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Remember last week when I said our pitching woes have been our Achilles heel the last couple seasons and appear to be worse this year, then joe freaked out? Good times....

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Remember last week when I said our pitching woes have been our Achilles heel the last couple seasons and appear to be worse this year, then joe freaked out? Good times....
Durty, you took the words right outa my mouph...I can't watch when we stumble & bumble to another loss...my BP can't stand the elevation...:panic:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I think we should focus on eliminating the one error... probably cost us 15 of the 18 runs (but I'm just spitballin' here)... not sure we can do much about the hits column.

Lil feller, lift the eye patch and use both eyes to read that score board.

:lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Lil feller, lift the eye patch and use both eyes to read that score board.

:lol:
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Saying you are full of schitt for claiming last seasons pitching was our Achilles heel isn't freaking out it's factually disputing your BS. We were the only team in the Country who had the same three starters every weekend, Sproat was drafted in MLB rd 2 and Waldrep in MLB rd 1. Both pitchers normally went 6 to 7 innings. Also we had the SEC closer of the year, Getting from starter to closer was frustrating at times due to inconsistency and a couple of guys who were supposed to deliver did not, schitt happens.

Of course you will never admit that you are wrong even though you can't support your BS with any facts. Teams do not make it through the SEC and NCAA CWS to the finals with pitching as the Achillies heel. But hey, good times are here for you now so you can join the rah, rah fire Sully crowd.

Why do you watch anyway?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Saying you are full of schitt for claiming last seasons pitching was our Achilles heel isn't freaking out it's factually disputing your BS. We were the only team in the Country who had the same three starters every weekend, Sproat was drafted in MLB rd 2 and Waldrep in MLB rd 1. Both pitchers normally went 6 to 7 innings. Also we had the SEC closer of the year, Getting from starter to closer was frustrating at times due to inconsistency and a couple of guys who were supposed to deliver did not, schitt happens.

Of course you will never admit that you are wrong even though you can't support your BS with any facts. Teams do not make it through the SEC and NCAA CWS to the finals with pitching as the Achillies heel. But hey, good times are here for you now so you can join the rah, rah fire Sully crowd.

Why do you watch anyway?
Our middle relief was mediocre to poor all year, and cags was more bad than good away from the friendly confines of condron. When he was away and off it was downright awful. And that was on full display when we played for it all, then his yank was followed by more misery from 'pick a name' pitching from the pen. Our pitching was absolutely, 100% our Achilles heel last year. It was the ONLY reason we didn't win the whole damn thing. And so far it looks far worse this season. You should admit you need your geriatric glasses prescription upped. There's no shame in being old, blind, and angry at the clouds. We're here for you gramps.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Our middle relief was mediocre to poor all year, and cags was more bad than good away from the friendly confines of condron. When he was away and off it was downright awful. And that was on full display when we played for it all, then his yank was followed by more misery from 'pick a name' pitching from the pen. Our pitching was absolutely, 100% our Achilles heel last year. It was the ONLY reason we didn't win the whole damn thing. And so far it looks far worse this season. You should admit you need your geriatric glasses prescription upped. There's no shame in being old, blind, and angry at the clouds. We're here for you gramps.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
Nice, but factually incorrect again. Don't worry this gramps could not only beat you at baseball as a player, right this minute I could out coach you all day every day. In fact I could sweep you with my team and come back the next weekend and sweep you again coaching your team. But keep throwing your schitt at the wall since it's all ya got.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nice, but factually incorrect again. Don't worry this gramps could not only beat you at baseball as a player, right this minute I could out coach you all day every day. In fact I could sweep you with my team and come back the next weekend and sweep you again coaching your team. But keep throwing your schitt at the wall since it's all ya got.
:lol4:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Fisher off to an awful start. Leadoff double on a 1-2 count with a perfect tee ball. The next guy walks after being behind in count 1-2. Single plates a run and a Sac fly plates another run. Gators trail 2-0 coming up to bat.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland walks, Cags singles to left (love him going the other way) and Heyman hit a routine fly to right field and the RF never could find it. Kurland scores 2-1. Very lucky. Shelton singles. 2-2. 2 on nobody out. Fisher better appreciate this gift.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators lead 3-2 after one inning strictly from a gift. Must not give it back.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can't stand prosperity. Another meatball that Evans actually should have caught but nonetheless it was am awful pitch in a plus count. 3-3

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Saint Mary's leads 4-3. Kurland cannot make a 50 foot unhurried throw to 1B for the 3rd out. Cags maybe could have had it but it was a terrible throw and a simple play.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland triples to RF. Cags brings him in with groundout. 4-4. Kurland gets back the run he gave up,

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.