2024 Investing Thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When it goes it's gonna go quickly. I saw another story yesterday that showed household employment data for December was the 3rd worst since 2008. It takes into account seasonal and part time jobs as well as reduced hours worked. Folks, we're being outright lied to or at least those that don't dig deeper into the data.

For the business, December was one of our worst months in a long time.
This month has started of a little better though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UEC is making a run today, up 10%. I added some on Monday - have 200 shares now at $6.04/share (it's over $7.65 today).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
UEC is making a run today, up 10%. I added some on Monday - have 200 shares now at $6.04/share (it's over $7.65 today).
URNM made a nice move too...up about $8.00 over the last week....I'm so happy with where I'm at right now with these stocks but a little part of me is kicking myself in the ass for not dipping in deeper last spring and summer when they were half of their current price.

Natural gas might be a nice swing trade too with all the cold weather in the news....UNG is moving up off it's bottom of around $4.80 and is currently at $6.80....but there is a long line of resistance around $8.00. I wished I had bought it a few weeks back when I mentioned on here...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
URNM made a nice move too...up about $8.00 over the last week....I'm so happy with where I'm at right now with these stocks but a little part of me is kicking myself in the ass for not dipping in deeper last spring and summer when they were half of their current price.

Natural gas might be a nice swing trade too with all the cold weather in the news....UNG is moving up off it's bottom of around $4.80 and is currently at $6.80....but there is a long line of resistance around $8.00. I wished I had bought it a few weeks back when I mentioned on here...

Yes, I wish I had bought more of UEC when I initially bought in. I bought LTBR a while back and I'm still down about 7% or so. These are just small plays, I made a nice little chunk ($500 or so) on CVM, bought and sold it twice - it's been bouncing around and hasn't dropped enough for me to feel comfortable about buying in again.

What's your thoughts on holding onto UEC? Also, I'm in EDV - was planning to hold that for a while because it should shoot up once the Fed starts cutting rates, right? Up about 25% in it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's your thoughts on holding onto UEC? Also, I'm in EDV - was planning to hold that for a while because it should shoot up once the Fed starts cutting rates, right? Up about 25% in it.
I won't give advice on holding anything nuclear related because they're all one Fukushima away from going to zero :lol: BUT I actually do think UEC, Cameco and the URNM ETF are legitimate holdings backed up by companies that ACTUALLY have Uranium in the ground and have the ability(capital) to put it into production.

EDV in my opinion is a good mid to long term trade for the reasons you mentioned. I've been adding 3-4 shares whenever it pulls back after my initial buy in of 50 shares a couple months back. I plan to keep this same strategy on EDV and I actually hope rates don't drop too quickly since the fund pays 4.0% yield. I think it could offer a nice steady appreciation over the next year or possibly longer while still throwing off a better than S&P500 yield. It seems like a no brainer to me but I've been wrong before many times.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I won't give advice on holding anything nuclear related because they're all one Fukushima away from going to zero :lol: BUT I actually do think UEC, Cameco and the URNM ETF are legitimate holdings backed up by companies that ACTUALLY have Uranium in the ground and have the ability(capital) to put it into production.

EDV in my opinion is a good mid to long term trade for the reasons you mentioned. I've been adding 3-4 shares whenever it pulls back after my initial buy in of 50 shares a couple months back. I plan to keep this same strategy on EDV and I actually hope rates don't drop too quickly since the fund pays 4.0% yield. I think it could offer a nice steady appreciation over the next year or possibly longer while still throwing off a better than S&P500 yield. It seems like a no brainer to me but I've been wrong before many times.

I haven't added any EDV since I initially bought in - so I may start doing that on pull backs also. I bought it in both my Roth and non-retirement brokerage account. If UEC makes another big run like it did Friday I may sell it and take the profit. It's only 200 shares, so I'd be happy w/ $400-$500 profit. I need LTBR to comeback, lol.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I haven't added any EDV since I initially bought in - so I may start doing that on pull backs also. I bought it in both my Roth and non-retirement brokerage account. If UEC makes another big run like it did Friday I may sell it and take the profit. It's only 200 shares, so I'd be happy w/ $400-$500 profit. I need LTBR to comeback, lol.
I wouldn't blame you for taking profit on UEC because there will be chances to trade back in and out during hard pull backs.
I have no conviction in LTBR and think it's probably a BS company but for grins and giggles go back and look what the stock shot up to in 2006...it would leave any crypto or bitcoin gains over the last 5 years embarrassed :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Uranium squeeze is real and the best part is unlike Gold, Silver and other metals it's not priced by futures so there can be no manipulation....everyone is trying to secure the stuff for coming buildouts.

On a sad note today Fagguard restricted my account from buying Deep Yellow due to it being OTC which I don't understand because RYCEY is also OTC....Anyone have a good suggestion for a strictly trading(non investment) platform?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Uranium squeeze is real and the best part is unlike Gold, Silver and other metals it's not priced by futures so there can be no manipulation....everyone is trying to secure the stuff for coming buildouts.

On a sad note today Fagguard restricted my account from buying Deep Yellow due to it being OTC which I don't understand because RYCEY is also OTC....Anyone have a good suggestion for a strictly trading(non investment) platform?
So URG would be a good investment? :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I am not sure what you are referring to but perhaps "Deep Yellow" in on the Pink Sheets, or a penny stock. Or if using margin it might be restricted?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I am not sure what you are referring to but perhaps "Deep Yellow" in on the Pink Sheets, or a penny stock. Or if using margin it might be restricted?
It's a small market cap but the message said they didn't allow trading of that security....which is odd because I've bought and sold it on there before during the 2021 run along with about a dozen others of similar size and price I just had to buy and sell with a limit order

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's a small market cap but the message said they didn't allow trading of that security....which is odd because I've bought and sold it on there before during the 2021 run along with about a dozen others of similar size and price I just had to buy and sell with a limit order
I do not know what to tell you other than at below 5 bux a share it is always in danger of being delisted and relegated to the pink sheets. Perhaps your firm does not want its customers trading in this security even if done so prior. I cannot help you there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I do not know what to tell you other than at below 5 bux a share it is always being delisted and relegated to the pink sheets. Perhaps your firm does not want its customers trading in this security even if done so prior. I cannot help you there.
Thanks....btw did you see the NY Manu. index data today? -43.5...yes that's negative -43.5. That's almost like Great Depression bad from my understanding.....but there's still no recession:lol2:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks....btw did you see the NY Manu. index data today? -43.5...yes that's negative -43.5. That's almost like Great Depression bad from my understanding.....but there's still no recession:lol2:
Yes, and they immediately bought Treasurys and drove the 10 year below 4% again, but as the day went on rates climbed, partly on the Waller comments and I think they decided the Empire # was a one off maybe due to shipping issues in the Red Sea. But yes it was not just bad it was dreadful.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes, and they immediately bought Treasurys and drove the 10 year below 4% again, but as the day went on rates climbed, partly on the Waller comments and I think they decided the Empire # was a one off maybe due to shipping issues in the Red Sea. But yes it was not just bad it was dreadful.
Long end is rising faster than the short. Is that due to issuance? Maybe someone's trying to un invert the curve or is it just the market wanting a higher yield? BTW I was listening to someone who thinks the 10yr might go back to 4.5% before topping or Fed cuts....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have you peeked at the Hang Seng Index recently? Nosedive. 400 points from its 2022 low and well well below the Kung Flu low. Value or Falling knife? I will pass and just collect 5% risk free and 7% with a smidgen of risk.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I stopped by a gun shop yesterday, saw a 1982 Ruger Mark II 22lr 6 inch standard barrel priced at $225. I invested $221 out the door.
fcebf2bcabeb4d0c43cae3b304bb6e15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator