2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You don't see this as a result of big businesses buying up "rentals"?
Dude it's boomers and Zer's that make up the majority of free and clear holders and many have multiple properties. I never realized this until I started tracking it 2 years ago through our database....It's what is causing the "Great Divide" economically in this country and will continue like I said until 2028-2030.....trust me....this is my wheelhouse.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude it's boomers and Zer's that make up the majority of free and clear holders and many have multiple properties. I never realized this until I started tracking it 2 years ago through our database....It's what is causing the "Great Divide" economically in this country and will continue like I said until 2028-2030.....trust me....this is my wheelhouse.
You're right, no big businesses own houses in the Orlando market...much less Florida. What was I thinking.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You're right, no big businesses own houses in the Orlando market...much less Florida. What was I thinking.
URG....It's my wheelhouse....trust me. Look at the charts....the data doesn't lie. If there is upward pressure on home prices then there will be upward pressure on rental prices INCREASING profitability in investment homes until it passes....which will be 2028-2030.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URG....It's my wheelhouse....trust me. Look at the charts....the data doesn't lie. If there is upward pressure on home prices then there will be upward pressure on rental prices INCREASING profitability in investment homes until it passes....which will be 2028-2030.
No one is arguing that it isnt...RIGHT NOW.

But you'd be a God damn fool to not recognize that they are grossly inflating a market and there will be a day they get out.
Again what happens when that happens?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No one is arguing that it isnt...RIGHT NOW.

But you'd be a God damn fool to not recognize that they are grossly inflating a market and there will be a day they get out.
Again what happens when that happens?
When inventory supplies levels out to the demand of the demographic....until 2028-2030 any movement up or down is like a blip on the radar screen....same thing will begin to happen to the stock market sooner so buy the sh!t out of commodities that are WAY down right now and you'll probably hit a couple of 10 baggers enabling you to pay cash for your house well before they fall over after the end of the demographic shift....got it?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When inventory supplies levels out to the demand of the demographic....until 2028-2030 any movement up or down is like a blip on the radar screen....same thing will begin to happen to the stock market sooner so buy the sh!t out of commodities that are WAY down right now and you'll probably hit a couple of 10 baggers enabling you to pay cash for your house well before they fall over after the end of the demographic shift....got it?
I see you aren't answer the question :grin:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read the part....ya know.....right at the start where I say "When inventories.......":lol:
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously though Crete, we are probably suggesting the same thing, just talking about different aspects of it.

I'm simply stating we are in a market (Orlando) that when it no longer makes sense for those "businesses" to have all those properties, the downturn will be amplified here vs other locations.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Seriously though Crete, we are probably suggesting the same thing, just talking about different aspects of it.

I'm simply stating we are in a market (Orlando) that when it no longer makes sense for those "businesses" to have all those properties, the downturn will be amplified here vs other locations.
There was a bill proposed recently that would ban investment firms from owning residential houses. It was intended to reverse this trend you're squawking about here. The bill would give them 10 years to divest their residential properties. The corporations absolutely DID drive up residential prices by overpaying in many competitive markets. Who knows what will happen when/if this trend reverses.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Yes we are both right but at different times....and I'm righter....

Remember Florida is THE go to state....as soon as something hits the market it's gone because realtors have waiting list of buyers and as much as we keep hearing about this coming crash prices and demand are at all time highs DESPITE the most aggressive rate hike in HISTORY(timewise)....Hell the average time on the market just went to an all time low and prices increased 4.2% ....can you imagine the mayhem when rates start to go back below 5-6%? Fot every 1% in rate drop RE has increased by 5% historically...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we are both right but at different times....and I'm righter....

Remember Florida is THE go to state....as soon as something hits the market it's gone because realtors have waiting list of buyers and as much as we keep hearing about this coming crash prices and demand are at all time highs DESPITE the most aggressive rate hike in HISTORY(timewise)....Hell the average time on the market just went to an all time low and prices increased 4.2% ....can you imagine the mayhem when rates start to go back below 5-6%? Fot every 1% in rate drop RE has increased by 5% historically...
My point isn't if it will happen or when it will happen.

My point is, when it does happen, we'll feel it more here than many other places, because the ventures that have scooped so much of these properties up.

I have no idea when that will happen but there will ne a time when these companies divest from these properties.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As a reminder please remember when the FED moves rates (in this case cuts) it only moves the overnight lending rate, Fed Funds. The Fed does not directly control longer term rates. Those are determined by the market (usually) and there is an argument that they could actually rise. Remember that the FED only controlled the long end of the yield curve b/c they were actively participating in the purchase of those Treasury durations as well as mortgages and other long term paper. Typically they are very very small players in this area and I believe they would like to return to that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
@Egor's Assistant DWAC returning to the scene of the crime....up 70% today....now's your time to get out :lol: Gotta say the stock karma gods been on my side lately as I got in this morning....hitting refresh button all day waiting to dump...

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
@Egor's Assistant DWAC returning to the scene of the crime....up 70% today....now's your time to get out :lol: Gotta say the stock karma gods been on my side lately as I got in this morning....hitting refresh button all day waiting to dump...
Was logging into say the same thing. Nice call on that one. Can't believe it jumped 70% over DeSantis dropping out. Seriously? The guy had no chance. No one can derail the Trump Train except an assassin. Didn't hit my cost basis, but am happy to exit with only a 10% loss. So many great plays to make besides that loser. God save America!

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Was logging into say the same thing. Nice call on that one. Can't believe it jumped 70% over DeSantis dropping out. Seriously? The guy had no chance. No one can derail the Trump Train accept an assassin. Didn't hit my cost basis, but am happy to exit with only a 10% loss. So many great plays to make besides that loser. God save America!
Up again in aftermarket....you didn't dump yet did you? It may have legs... My God man if Trump brings little Nikki to her knees tomorrow night this thing may retrace to it's all time high :lol:

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Up again in aftermarket....you didn't dump yet did you? It may have legs...:lol:
My timing has sucked bigly as of late. Luckily, it's just another small position. So we'll lick our wounds and move on. It was quite literally a free speech donation to Truth Social.

Give a looksie at QVC/HSN parent company, QRTEA. Potential multi bagger because of reasons. I get most of my stock picks from paid news letters, so not just out my butt. Lately it's been Stansberry's new firm www.porterandcompanyresearch.com . His new firm is intimate and freaking dope if you ask me. So glad we fired our advisor and have been flying solo since 2022.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well DWAC has doubled my losses in LTBR so far but to be fair I added 10 more shares today at $56 per share....hope Trump comes through for me tonight.

Speaking of turds did anyone see the thumping 3M took today.....I was like a fly on sh!t picking up more of that especially with the 7.0% dividend it throws off. I believe it's halfway below it's ATH....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well DWAC has doubled my losses in LTBR so far but to be fair I added 10 more shares today at $56 per share....hope Trump comes through for me tonight.

Speaking of turds did anyone see the thumping 3M took today.....I was like a fly on sh!t picking up more of that especially with the 7.0% dividend it throws off. I believe it's halfway below it's ATH....
Yes. I finally unloaded my 3M last year when it went above 110 on the rumor of a litigation settlement. Dividend or not, they have way too much litigation risk for my liking. Another one along those lines is VZ. It had a big day today, finally, after years and years of BS and yes they have litigation risk regarding some lead cables but I believe it is minor compared to 3M and given the numbers VZ put up today with earnings and coverage ratio, that dividend is safe................for now. But speak to your own advisor or take your own advice LOL.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes. I finally unloaded my 3M last year when it went above 110 on the rumor of a litigation settlement. Dividend or not, they have way too much litigation risk for my liking. Another one along those lines is VZ. It had a big day today, finally, after years and years of BS and yes they have litigation risk regarding some lead cables but I believe it is minor compared to 3M and given the numbers VZ put up today with earnings and coverage ratio, that dividend is safe................for now. But speak to your own advisor or take your own advice LOL.
I've done decent on 3M because I bought some a few months ago when it dipped into the mid 90's. They settled the litigation shortly afterward and it went back to $110. I'm up about 10% on VZ after today. I think I'm going to hold both since I only have a few grand in each....I think a bunch of stuff will be going on sale between now and late spring....I'll be waiting with a fistful of Tbill cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator