URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I put some beer money in SAVE

What a piece of shiit company... I fully expect this trash to go to zero
Spirit Airlines? But they are doing so well. You may want to ask your daughter if things are good investments first :lol:

Spirit Airlines Stock.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure if it will keep playing out but after Trump won Iowa earlier this week DWAC has made a nice move from about $16 to $28 earlier this morning.....sitting about $26 now. I may throw $1000 at it before the NH caucus and see what happens.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure if it will keep playing out but after Trump won Iowa earlier this week DWAC has made a nice move from about $16 to $28 earlier this morning.....sitting about $26 now. I may throw $1000 at it before the NH caucus and see what happens.
Definitely do that. Full confession: I'm a DWAC bag holder (cost basis over $50- ouch). Wife and I bought during the IPO because we wanted to support free speech after the election had been stolen and people were called terrorists for trying to talk or ask about it. Not a very good investment if you ask me since the guy has like a billion enemies. With X under Musk's control, free speech is rising nicely and Truth Social is irrelevant except for Die Hard Trumpers.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Definitely do that. Full confession: I'm a DWAC bag holder (cost basis over $50- ouch). Wife and I bought during the IPO because we wanted to support free speech after the election had been stolen and people were called terrorists for trying to talk or ask about it. Not a very good investment if you ask me since the guy has like a billion enemies. With X under Musk's control, free speech is rising nicely and Truth Social is irrelevant accept for Die Hard Trumpers.
Why didn't you take profits during the gamma squeeze? I got in at $18 and sold half the next day when the price shot up to $170.....market didn't take my order until it dropped to $145....then I unloaded another quarter of my shares the next afternoon when it went to $105.....the last quarter was gone at $74 a few days later.....ALWAYS TAKE SOME PROFITS...

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Why didn't you take profits during the gamma squeeze? I got in at $18 and sold half the next day when the price shot up to $170.....market didn't take my order until it dropped to $145....then I unloaded another quarter of my shares the next afternoon when it went to $105.....the last quarter was gone at $74 a few days later.....ALWAYS TAKE SOME PROFITS...
Now you tell me. The timing in this thread sucks. I think FF said previously that "no one ever went broke taking profits." I aim to live by that this year. Could have banked 10% on that LTBR trade after only a few weeks but decided to get greedy and see what happens. Now, back below where I bought @ $3.20 Timing is everything. Unless you're a buy and hold genius. (Most everyone should do that aspire to be that.)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Now you tell me. The timing in this thread sucks. I think FF said previously that "no one ever went broke taking profits." I aim to live by that this year. Could have banked 10% on that LTBR trade after only a few weeks but decided to get greedy and see what happens. Now, back below where I bought @ $3.20 Timing is everything. Unless you're a buy and hold genius. (Most everyone should do that aspire to be that.)
You're never going to win on every trade...trust me and yes I'm down on LTBR because I bought between 3.50-3.90......I have $800 into it though. If it doesn't move at the start of next week I'll cut it loose and take that into a more sure trade like EDV. EDV has been down for 2 weeks now but we all know in the end Jerome is going to have to lower so I've been accumulating 2-3 shares a time as it retraces....plus it spins a 4.00% yield while I'm waiting on the inevitable.

Trust me I've had to take losses on these types of stocks more than I want to admit but I usually find a core holding to dump it into when that core holding is down....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I put some beer money in SAVE

What a piece of shiit company... I fully expect this trash to go to zero
Going to look at their bonds on Monday. gotta figure they are trading at pennies on the dollar. If they get bailed out some how, then it will be a smash hit. If not there is a chance I could get something back given I would be higher up on the security scale versus the common stock But risk capital only as must prepare for it going to ZERO.

BTW covered my 10 yr. Treasury short today. Small loss. But almost much worse as I was close to closing it out a few weeks ago. Got lucky. My thought was correct my timing entering was terrible.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Going to look at their bonds on Monday. gotta figure they are trading at pennies on the dollar. If they get bailed out some how, then it will be a smash hit. If not there is a chance I could get something back given I would be higher up on the security scale versus the common stock But risk capital only as must prepare for it going to ZERO.

BTW covered my 10 yr. Treasury short today. Small loss. But almost much worse as I was close to closing it out a few weeks ago. Got lucky. My thought was correct my timing entering was terrible.
4.50 I'm tellin ya...10 yr goes to 4.50 :lol2:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes I said it but can't take credit for the idea. I would never ever ever tell anyone what to do with there money. However if I may and if you do not want to turn a winner into a loser, especially when trading lower priced thinly traded stocks, when you have decent gains but maybe do not want to take profits in case it continues to run, then perhaps consider placing a sell stop below where it is currently priced to protect your cost basis. That takes the decision if the stock turns down out of your hands but allows you to continue owning the stock if it continues to run. If it continues to run you can always adjust your sell stop order upward. I just do not use them b/c I know the market makers will come and get my stops if the price gets close.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yes I said it but can't take credit for the idea. I would never ever ever tell anyone what to do with there money. However if I may and if you do not want to turn a winner into a loser, especially when trading lower priced thinly traded stocks, when you have decent gains but maybe do not want to take profits in case it continues to run, then perhaps consider placing a sell stop below where it is currently priced to protect your cost basis. That takes the decision if the stock turns down out of your hands but allows you to continue owning the stock if it continues to run. If it continues to run you can always adjust your sell stop order upward. I just do not use them b/c I know the market makers will come and get my stops if the price gets close.
I’ve seen it attributed to Bernard Baruch, as “Nobody ever lost money taking a profit,” and Jesse Livermore as “No one ever went broke taking a profit.” I suspect some low level person along the way said it first and those guys made it famous. Like all the great sayings that hang on forever, it’s both clever and true.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I’ve seen it attributed to Bernard Baruch, as “Nobody ever lost money taking a profit,” and Jesse Livermore as “No one ever went broke taking a profit.” I suspect some low level person along the way said it first and those guys made it famous. Like all the great sayings that hang on forever, it’s both clever and true.
Well of course. You know how my people feel about money. :rabbi:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dip anyone? :lol:
Where you been Crete? I asked on Wednesday in here if anyone had seen the Hang Seng lately? Since China said Hong Kong would be taken over like now, the markets have mirrored one another. I personally am leery, but I still see the people on the blower touting BABA and really excited about Temu and Shein IPO's.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking, the way varies companies are invested in Florida housing market for the rentals.....whenever there actually is a housing downturn, it's going to get amplified here much more than other places....outside of maybe Vegas.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I was thinking, the way varies companies are invested in Florida housing market for the rentals.....whenever there actually is a housing downturn, it's going to get amplified here much more than other places....outside of maybe Vegas.
Exactly opposite....if there is a downturn in RE it won't start until at least 2028....There are several key figures to support this including the fact that 40% of all homes owned are free and clear. The second being that there has NEVER been less vacant houses in the last 50 years. The 3rd and very telling is despite all the talk about a "housing crash" inventories have remained at an all time low and still going down and homebuilder stocks are still going up and up. Were good in Florida until around 2028 too for political reasons(people still moving here in droves from blue states)....

Watch the video below(6.30 mark and again towards the end)

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Exactly opposite....if there is a downturn in RE it won't start until at least 2028....There are several key figures to support this including the fact that 40% of all homes owned are free and clear. The second being that there has NEVER been less vacant houses in the last 50 years. The 3rd and very telling is despite all the talk about a "housing crash" inventories have remained at an all time low and still going down and
Don't forget the rate cuts. When they follow through with interest rate cuts, that should put upward pressure on housing prices.

We have a house we're looking to sell likely later this year or early next year after the rate cuts. And if we could get some blue-city civil unrest, that would be helpful also since it's a rural property on acerage near Branson, MO.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The second being that there has NEVER been less vacant houses in the last 50 years. The 3rd and very telling is despite all the talk about a "housing crash" inventories have remained at an all time low and still going down and homebuilder stocks are still going up and up
You don't see this as a result of big businesses buying up "rentals"?

What do you think happens when all these "companies" no longer view it as a solid venture and start ditching them?
I'm not saying anything about when, but there will be a time when they are the drivers of a down turn...perhaps not the spark that moves the downturn, but when they run, it's going to be ugly.

I view that as a good thing personally though :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Don't forget the rate cuts. When they follow through with interest rate cuts, that should put upward pressure on housing prices.
It already ticked up 4.2% yoy last month....our purchase orders are starting to move upward faster than in the last 18 months and rates haven't even been cut yet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.