Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those two facts don’t mesh very well???

He’s a sophomore in terms of what class he’s be in. In reality, he’s already a college freshman with 15 hours of college credit to his name. So yeah, he’s pretty smart.

Being a great student and apparently being held back at some point don’t mesh.
I didn’t think it was that complicated.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You may be correct. They modified the age recently due to all the bs with the Covid shutdowns and not sure how it affects this kid. Also, as a homeschooled student I'm not sure the normal progression thru K thru 8 is as structured as enrolled kids. Not really sure as I have never followed homeschooling protocols.

Here is a link on the age change which seemed confusing to me.

I think you are right about this. I forgot that Covid changed everything.
I just know that pre-Covid the state of Florida ruled a kid ineligible if he was 19 on the first day of school which Austin would be if he chose to stay two more years.
I never had a problem with this rule due to the significant physical advantages.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two years in a row, Texas will get the #1 RB from Florida???

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This kid is an absolute monster. Everybody was trying to get him over the last couple months.

I think we’re done at running back if we can hold onto Bowens.

Tabbed by 247Sports as the No. 27 running back nationally, Daniels certainly thrived as a junior rushing for 2,032 yards and 24 touchdowns. He’ll be back at Florida for the spring game Thursday.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Daniels chose Florida over an offer list that included Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt among others.

“They’ve had some great people come through Florida, some great backs in the past and the backs they have right now are doing a great job,” Daniels said. “I feel I can be the next one coming up.”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m super excited about what this kid brings. I think we may have two of the best running backs in the class.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Billy cooking too now

I’m actually pretty sold that Billy is going to work out long term if he keeps cruitin’ like this. Still think we aren’t going to be good next year if Mertz is our QB but I’m good with it as long as we keep Lagway and Simmons in the fold :grin:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy cooking too now

I’m actually pretty sold that Billy is going to work out long term if he keeps cruitin’ like this. Still think we aren’t going to be good next year if Mertz is our QB but I’m good with it as long as we keep Lagway and Simmons in the fold :grin:
A lot of people seem to have forgotten why we hired Napier. We knew that he was not going to have the coaching acumen of a Spurrier. We hired him because of his ability to build a program.

Similar to Kirby.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of people seem to have forgotten why we hired Napier. We knew that he was not going to have the coaching acumen of a Spurrier. We hired him because of his ability to build a program.

Similar to Kirby.

Gotta have the right coaches in place to build the program though, and he didn’t have that in Toney. Glad to see him “run” Toney off and (hopefully) upgrade

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta have the right coaches in place to build the program though, and he didn’t have that in Toney. Glad to see him “run” Toney off and (hopefully) upgrade
Yeah. I’m not sure. I just know that the players we had were not that good.

But I would agree that they weren’t as bad as the defense made them look.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he'll turn the offense and play calling over to a quality OC, ill feel immensely better about potaters. This statement is assuming the defense is good under Hamilton Porter.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The last Stadium and Gale podcast was a good conversation about everything going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator