Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m super excited about what this kid brings. I think we may have two of the best running backs in the class.
I saw some highlights on YouTube and was impressed. He reminded me of Etienne. I'm surprised he isn't rated higher.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw some highlights on YouTube and was impressed. He reminded me of Etienne. I'm surprised he isn't rated higher.
He plays QB at his HS. He was just on the circuit camps for the 1st time as an RB only.

He’s going to take a pretty big jump.

UA All American Invite.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

@oxrageous this is a Bucholz kid. Absolute terror on the DLine. I’m surprised he hasn’t committed yet. I read on 247 that his father-in-law is the barber for the team.

I expect his ranking to pop up this summer.

I don’t think he plans to commit until October.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017

@oxrageous this is a Bucholz kid. Absolute terror on the DLine. I’m surprised he hasn’t committed yet. I read on 247 that his father-in-law is the barber for the team.

I expect his ranking to pop up this summer.

I don’t think he plans to commit until October.

He's married?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I watched Kahnen Daniels highlights. What stuck out was the explosion. He'd hit a hole, it looked like it might be a 5-8 yard gain. Suddenly, he explodes and the defense is behind him. I saw that in highlight after highlight. I don't know the talent level he is playing, but it didn't seem terrible. The defender would have an angle, then Daniels is past him and the defender wonders what happened. That's not just speed, but explosion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watched Kahnen Daniels highlights. What stuck out was the explosion. He'd hit a hole, it looked like it might be a 5-8 yard gain. Suddenly, he explodes and the defense is behind him. I saw that in highlight after highlight. I don't know the talent level he is playing, but it didn't seem terrible. The defender would have an angle, then Daniels is past him and the defender wonders what happened. That's not just speed, but explosion.

247 posters compares his HS tape to Emmitt. Very patient. And then bursts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a lot of chatter that there’s a possibility that 5* Safety, Xavier Filsaime commits to us this weekend.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor is 3 players this week, 1 offense and two defense. Lot of speculation on the S and another LB. Although if it turns out to be that exciting, there are a few like Jackson that could get caught up and pop.

I think both RB’s end up very high 4*s.

There are also three groups where I trust the coaches on talent acquisition. Secondary, RB’s, and OL. Sale has proven that he can develop talent he picks. So don’t care who they recruit on the OL, so long as they keep developing. I’d also say QB recruiting has picked up nicely.

Overall, recruiting is picking up nicely this class.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what they're telling top QB recruits but it seems to be working, whatever it is. And we all know, it's a lot easier to gain momentum with other positions when the QB is committed early. I'm encouraged. The depth isn't filler, the talent legit and wants to be here.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He plays QB at his HS. He was just on the circuit camps for the 1st time as an RB only.

He’s going to take a pretty big jump.

UA All American Invite.
From a couple minutes of his highlights it looked like most of his big runs were from wildcat. Any reason to think he will be less effective from the RB spot? He does have a crazy burst. Would be hard to time a tackle when he's slower at one point then turns on the jet. I can see why they wiff.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not sure what they're telling top QB recruits but it seems to be working, whatever it is. And we all know, it's a lot easier to gain momentum with other positions when the QB is committed early. I'm encouraged. The depth isn't filler, the talent legit and wants to be here.
The back office coordinators must really be an improvement. They learn about The University of Florida and are contacted by great people. Parents are in the loop and sold on UF, the institution. Seems like more want to be Gators at UF. I can only imagine the previous staff winging it.. MULLEN(by phone): We really want you at WR. I will make sure we get a QB that passes it your way. RECRUIT: But Coach Mullen, I'm a Defensive Tackle?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SOW’s highest rated recruit decommits. He’s coming off a pretty serious knee injury and UF has been on the fence with him. But it looks like he may be recovering nicely and maybe a take at UF now. Which may be why he decommitted. Crystal balls have been rolling in since his decommitment last night.

975C7484-A4AB-4626-A384-B4468F343847.png

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
SOW’s highest rated recruit decommits. He’s coming off a pretty serious knee injury and UF has been on the fence with him. But it looks like he may be recovering nicely and maybe a take at UF now. Which may be why he decommitted. Crystal balls have been rolling in since his decommitment last night.

View attachment 56662

I'LL take him and Filisame

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.