Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
True but the top end of that class featured four 5 stars:

Ronald Powell DE - Nat #1, Pos #1
Shariff Floyd DT - Nat #4, Pos #1
Dominic Easley DT - Nat #7, Pos #2
Matt Elam S - Nat #25, Pos #2

That's just ridiculous Video Game numbers.
Right, that class stuck and was special. I cannot locate the class to which I referred. It should have been 2011 but the names I recall being listed do not appear. But I do not recall the services ever reclassifying or updating classes not to include non enrollees. So, I dunno.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right, that class stuck and was special. I cannot locate the class to which I referred. It should have been 2011 but the names I recall being listed do not appear. But I do not recall the services ever reclassifying or updating classes not to include non enrollees. So, I dunno.
A lot of the guys just below the top 4 did defect in 2010, but Chaz Green was a solid OT.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Very excited with all this news. Don’t follow like I use to, portal and ESD just wondering what gives in June? Seems early for recruiting; is there a dead period or is December the goal to hold onto these guys? Thanks
My opinion: Napier and Co just getting it done. Much easier to hold a recruit that's "all Gator" vs trying to flip late. We were trained by McElwhine and sMullen to hope for miracle Decembers. We need a good season, an improvement over last season at least. Our rivals are selling their program, NIL, NFL development. We laid some eggs last season so progress needs to be evident, imho.

Loving the Gators in CWS at the moment. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Pretty big disparity between the services. Rivals grades him a high 4*, whereas 247 has him unranked. Apparently some character questions(Star Wars to be specific).
On3 just CBd Ox to SwampAss as moderator of their political forum. (I would pay to watch that unfold. We're talking real money.)

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just to interject, Misschimp was a stubborn fool that thought he only needed to recruit defense. His hamstringing our offense so his defensive brilliance would shine in close wins was his downfall. We had top 5 classes but all of us knew they were woefully deficient on offense. Glad that mutt left.

He actually had more top 200 offensive players in 2012 than defensive. 2013 had high rated guys like Taylor, Robinson, and Fulwood. The development for those guys might not have been there, but he did bring in some offensive talent (especially by recruiting ranking). Not forgetting guys still in the NFL like Brissett and this feels awful to say, Driskel.

It was his interference with the offense, and not necessarily the recruiting (at least numbers wise) that sunk him. When top 10 at their position offensive players don’t work out at the rate they did under him, that’s probably more than just recruiting. Meaning coaching.

For reference, we have only 2 top 250 offensive players committed for 2024 currently. Lagway and Amir Jackson.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was his interference with the offense, and not necessarily the recruiting (at least numbers wise) that sunk him. When top 10 at their position offensive players don’t work out at the rate they did under him, that’s probably more than just recruiting. Meaning coaching.
This is not correct. He signed way too many DBs and way too few OLs. Remember that when McElstain held his first spring game we had to hold a televised practice instead because there were only 6 healthy OLs available.

We've never had more unbalanced recruiting in terms of numbers by position.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This is not correct. He signed way too many DBs and way too few OLs. Remember that when McElstain held his first spring game we had to hold a televised practice instead because there were only 6 healthy OLs available.

We've never had more unbalanced recruiting in terms of numbers by position.

The OL comment is definitely fair, but his schemes and offensive development were definitely bad. Also having top recruit OL’s like Jessamen Dunker booted from the team didn’t help either. I’m not saying Muschamp’s balance was perfect at all. But I am saying on the top end talent it was much better than the we recruited top ranked defense talent, but no top offensive talent comment I replied to.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The OL comment is definitely fair, but his schemes and offensive development were definitely bad. Also having top recruit OL’s like Jessamen Dunker booted from the team didn’t help either. I’m not saying Muschamp’s balance was perfect at all. But I am saying on the top end talent it was much better than the we recruited top ranked defense talent, but no top offensive talent comment I replied to.
Yeah, he did great with high ranking recruits. You even missed Grier in your initial post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator