Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I expect DJ to play some...likely after Mertz gets injured. Then hit the portal next year. I don't see our defense getting any better, or our O-line.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Whats the info on the Humes kid that just announced UF in top 5 and last OV?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said I WANT it to happen, dork. I didn't say it would. I'm saying it should.

Sound like you’ve already lost faith in the coaches and are bashing their decisions before they’ve even hit the Spring. I wish I could say this was surprising coming from you.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sound like you’ve already lost faith in the coaches and are bashing their decisions before they’ve even hit the Spring. I wish I could say this was surprising coming from you.
He's been so negative since the baby arrived.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Baby? When did this happen? Grandchild, I presume.
play along stan marsh GIF by South Park

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've lost 90% of the faith. Most others have lost 100%. It's the only difference.

Napier has nothing to lose by throwing Lagway out there early. Maybe we'll catch lighting in a bottle with him and surprise some people. We know what we're getting with Mertz, and the ceiling is damn low.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If Billy were smart he'd give Lagway every third possession. I'm not optimistic.
While I understand the thought and yes Frosh QB should play, a lot IMO, you cannot have a set plan like this. This reeks of a Cousin Eddie decision and many other goofs. How many times would the team be in a good rhythm only to stick to a plan like this to see the shyt hit the fan? If Frosh QB is not the starter, then game flow, situations and other circumstances must dictate how and when he plays.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I fully expect Mertz to start and play the majority of the season unless there is an injury. Sometimes throwing a freshman out there to soon can do them damage and with our oline who knows. But sometimes a guy like Lagway might go out there and shine. Tebow did. At least use Lagway in a similar way to Tebow. If he wows then give him more and more. We recruited him heavily for a reason. Mertz is gone after next year anyhow. Lets try to win with our best options. Thats all I ask.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I fully expect Mertz to start and play the majority of the season unless there is an injury. Sometimes throwing a freshman out there to soon can do them damage and with our oline who knows. But sometimes a guy like Lagway might go out there and shine. Tebow did. At least use Lagway in a similar way to Tebow. If he wows then give him more and more. We recruited him heavily for a reason. Mertz is gone after next year anyhow. Lets try to win with our best options. Thats all I ask.
You are suggesting the staff actually develop the talent. no. well yes, it is something we considered, with all things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.