Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both of our OT transfers in are rated higher than Tarquin.

Oklahoma lost 2 of the top 6 rated OTs per 247 and their starting QB. But they signed Tarquin.
Yeah, but earning that grade versus P5 instead of G5 matters. Some people make the jump against better sefensive talent, many dont.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Both of our OT transfers in are rated higher than Tarquin.

Oklahoma lost 2 of the top 6 rated OTs per 247 and their starting QB. But they signed Tarquin.

Really? Tarquin went to Oklahoma? If he’s hoping to knock up another girl and her not get fat, Oklahoma might be the worst place he could’ve landed. This guy’s gonna live at Dave and Busters.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
  1. We have resources. No we are not Texas or some others, but yes we have a lot of resources. It's the UAA not making NIL a priority. Not making football a priority. UAA always has been and will continue to be the issue until it's cleaned out. You can fire Napier and start over time and time again, but until you fix the UAA, it will be the same crap.
  2. NIL is the primary driver for recruiting. Yes, Saban was different and look at Bama now, it's showing. There will always be outliers, but NIL is the primary driver for the majority of kids. So far we have named Saban and Hartline as exceptions. One's gone and one could be gone at any given time. Kids may like a school or coach and decide to take less NIL, but they aren't going to take a lot less. Filsame is a prime example of that..."my heart was in Florida but Texas offered more"
  3. No longer a need for recruiting 3* projects. The portal will let the G5 weed those kids out for you. You still have to get elites through HS recruiting. OT is probably the biggest position that stays. QB's will jump due to log jams. But elite players are usually taken care of and move through the portal less often. However, low ranked HS recruits that break out in G5 will want to be promoted. Or even kids that prove themselves to be needed depth pieces.
  4. Revenue sharing is on the horizon. The issue will be what happens when female athletes claim equity and sue. Not sure how that will play out, but it will only make things worse. I personally wish we'd just have an NFL D league and leave the kids in college alone. That's not likely to happen unless the whole thing blows up with revenue sharing. So anyone's projection is as good as anyone else's.
  5. UF appears to be begging fans for NIL, which is just a bad look. I hope it blows up and creates change at the UAA, but why would we expect that.
I've accepted the fact that we'll never be champs again until the UAA is fixed. Napier is not a great coach, but neither is Kirby. UGA made football a priority, and I actually do think that Napier could build a more talented and stable program than Kirby if resources were directed that way, but they're not. But Napier would still need X and O's help.

To that end, I'm just going to hope we get lucky here and there and try to enjoy the games. Wonder who the fuchs this player or that player is. And watch the sport as a whole deteriorate. Griping and moaning doesn't work, and listening to people who thinks it does, is just obscene. It's the UAA, always has been and until there is change there, there won't be change in the football program.
Lucid midnight take.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but as I understand it the UAA is not allowed to fund or control NIL. UF, f$u and Ut haven been under investigation re: crossing that line.

That’s why they created the “collectives” - to pool money for athletes to represent the program/university, most of whom who don’t get billboards and radio/TV spots.

NIL is a huge deal for the 5% of players who are difference makers. It should settle down for the other 95% who should listen to coaches stressing development and life after football etc.
The UAA can ask donors to fund collectives for football and not another upgrade for lacrosse

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Your the Karen of UF fandom.

Kirby is another vehicular manslaughter away from having to bail and his players are buying Lambo’s. How long until he has his Urban meltdown
You believe that? They are buying top tier talent on the regular and his admins love him. Playing for NCs covers many sins.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your the Karen of UF fandom.

Kirby is another vehicular manslaughter away from having to bail and his players are buying Lambo’s. How long until he has his Urban meltdown
Yeah, ok. Unfortunately I'm always right and you're always sucking 'insert every shtty coach's name' cawk until he's fired after which you quickly join the chorus and pretend like you knew it all a long. See you at choir practice approximately 8 months from now. We'll save you a seat.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ok. Unfortunately I'm always right and you're always sucking 'insert every shtty coach's name' cawk until he's fired after which you quickly join the chorus and pretend like you knew it all a long. See you at choir practice approximately 8 months from now. We'll save you a seat.
Same crap you say to everyone....just more high pitched bitching and moaning.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Tarquin went to Oklahoma? If he’s hoping to knock up another girl and her not get fat, Oklahoma might be the worst place he could’ve landed. This guy’s gonna live at Dave and Busters.
Good luck finding a girl in Oklahoma that isnt fat already.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads