Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's actually a REALLY nice campus... definitely not the Iowa I drove through to get there!
Yes; but every day you wake up in Iowa. IOWA!

Several years ago, Jr requested a visit to Purdue. As he’s a pretty bright kid - have I mentioned he takes after his mother? - the request was granted. The campus is beautiful; the people phenomenal. But it’s in Indiana. INDIANA! As you are well aware, he is at UF. (Still!)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes; but every day you wake up in Iowa. IOWA!

Several years ago, Jr requested a visit to Purdue. As he’s a pretty bright kid - have I mentioned he takes after his mother? - the request was granted. The campus is beautiful; the people phenomenal. But it’s in Indiana. INDIANA! As you are well aware, he is at UF. (Still!)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hmmm, potentially more $ earned by him or definitely more $ spent by you?
Oh, definitely more spent by me (us)! (Probably more earned by him too, but that’s not as certain as the money we’ve spent and will.)

His GF is on a track to get her PhD. As soon as I became aware of that, I quickly confirmed that was not his objective. Whew! (Though that would have been on him to fund.)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Are you transferring? Are you staying?

OR

Proctor has officially entered the portal. I know we have zero chance, but should try anyway. He'll be, by far, the best OL in the portal and has three years of eligibility.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Proctor has officially entered the portal. I know we have zero chance, but should try anyway. He'll be, by far, the best OL in the portal and has three years of eligibility.
His fourth transfer? Iowa to Alabama to Iowa to Alabama to ......?

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Proctor had to wait to reenter the portal even though he announced earlier this year until it opened. He also entered as a "Do not contact", meaning he has supposedly decided and is not really supposed to be contacted, but this is college sports so you take that FWIW

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I took a look at the portal today and saw a bunch of familiar names.

Former Gators:

OL David Conner - a Hevesy special (committed to the Mullen regime and stayed through the transition) who never saw the field with us and transferred to Colorado. Never saw the field for them either. Maybe non-power five is a good idea.......

S Corey Collier - Per Rivals the highest ranked player in our '21 class (#31 overall) who never quite put it all together here under either regime and transferred to Nebraska. Apparently he never quite put it together there either. Perhaps he should follow my suggestion for Mr. Conner.

Guys we wanted to be Gators but said "no thanks":

S Sam McCall - a Lakeland area product who was a top 100 recruit from the '22 class who chose the Nulls over the good guys (the truth be told, we never even got an OV out of the guy). Eventually, he took a good look around and realized that Tally really is as bad as he had heard and transferred after two seasons to aTm. Apparently he's one of those guys that doesn't listen to others and had to discover on his own that the town he transferred to was actually worse than the one he left. And away back to the portal he goes...........

OT Payton Kirkland - very big (like 350+) guy out of Orlando who seemed to have quite a bit of interest in us in the spring of '22 (lots of unofficials and an OV in June). The interest lasted right up until it didn't. After his OV to us, he took a few others and then committed to Texas without ever visiting. Go figure. The knock on him coming out of HS was his pass pro "needed work." If Texas has given up after two full seasons, I'm guessing it needs more than "work."

S Jacoby Mathews - a Louisiana native who was one of the top recruits in the '22 class and another of aTm's "greatest class ever"...... who also will finish his career somewhere else. This guy took a late OV to us and we probably had a chance; at least until the NIL checkbooks came out. Having watched him a few times, I thought this guy was actually pretty good. For you trivia buffs, he's the 19th aTm player to enter the portal since November. Wow, "since November." I also happened to see an article where he claims he's interested in either Big Ten or ACC schools. Odd for a Louisiana guy, but whatever.

Blast from the past:

DE Josh Griffis - This guy who was either at his first or second HS at the time, actually committed to the Butters regime. He stayed committed through the transition to Cousin Eddie, but somewhere along the way he realized he might not be a good fit for us. He decommitted from us and committed to the Nulls. Apparently, he was the one guy in America who thought WiLLLLLLLie Taggart was a good coach and after WiLLLLLLLie was canned, switched his committment to Louisville. The Nulls, clearly hurt at being thrown over, put on a full court press on that changed his mind and he signed with them after all. After two seasons of nothing to show for his efforts, he transferred to Jackson State to play for Deion Sanders. Sanders, as we all know, left JSU for Colorado; and, in a great display of intelligence, left Griffis behind. Griffis, landed on his feet though and transferred to Tarleton State. For those of you who are unaware (I had to look it up), Tarleton is in Stevenville, Texas, which is near, uh, well, it's not really near anywhere. Anyway, it must not be too much of a great place as Mr. Griffis is now seeking his fourth program; well, sixth actually if you also count the other schools to which he was once committed. I'm sensing a real pattern with this guy.

Last but not least:

WR Seven McGee - This fellow has no connection to UF of which I am aware other than getting an offer when he was coming out of HS as a 4* recruit in the class of '21. He committed and ultimately enrolled at Oregon though he transferred after a season to Jackson State. He's now in the portal again, but I mention him simply because I can't help but wonder if his parents were Seinfeld fans. If he has a sibling named "Soda" we'd know for sure.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Interesting information GBM. I imagine there are some transfers on our roster going to be mentioned by their former schools as guys that move on and never did anything on the field.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Proctor had to wait to reenter the portal even though he announced earlier this year until it opened. He also entered as a "Do not contact", meaning he has supposedly decided and is not really supposed to be contacted, but this is college sports so you take that FWIW
And.........................he's committed to Bama.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last but not least:

WR Seven McGee - This fellow has no connection to UF of which I am aware other than getting an offer when he was coming out of HS as a 4* recruit in the class of '21. He committed and ultimately enrolled at Oregon though he transferred after a season to Jackson State. He's now in the portal again, but I mention him simply because I can't help but wonder if his parents were Seinfeld fans. If he has a sibling named "Soda" we'd know for sure.
He really should be a Gator though. He could be Five and Seven McGee, but only if we pull off a couple of upsets.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I took a look at the portal today and saw a bunch of familiar names.

Former Gators:

OL David Conner - a Hevesy special (committed to the Mullen regime and stayed through the transition) who never saw the field with us and transferred to Colorado. Never saw the field for them either. Maybe non-power five is a good idea.......

S Corey Collier - Per Rivals the highest ranked player in our '21 class (#31 overall) who never quite put it all together here under either regime and transferred to Nebraska. Apparently he never quite put it together there either. Perhaps he should follow my suggestion for Mr. Conner.

Guys we wanted to be Gators but said "no thanks":

S Sam McCall - a Lakeland area product who was a top 100 recruit from the '22 class who chose the Nulls over the good guys (the truth be told, we never even got an OV out of the guy). Eventually, he took a good look around and realized that Tally really is as bad as he had heard and transferred after two seasons to aTm. Apparently he's one of those guys that doesn't listen to others and had to discover on his own that the town he transferred to was actually worse than the one he left. And away back to the portal he goes...........

OT Payton Kirkland - very big (like 350+) guy out of Orlando who seemed to have quite a bit of interest in us in the spring of '22 (lots of unofficials and an OV in June). The interest lasted right up until it didn't. After his OV to us, he took a few others and then committed to Texas without ever visiting. Go figure. The knock on him coming out of HS was his pass pro "needed work." If Texas has given up after two full seasons, I'm guessing it needs more than "work."

S Jacoby Mathews - a Louisiana native who was one of the top recruits in the '22 class and another of aTm's "greatest class ever"...... who also will finish his career somewhere else. This guy took a late OV to us and we probably had a chance; at least until the NIL checkbooks came out. Having watched him a few times, I thought this guy was actually pretty good. For you trivia buffs, he's the 19th aTm player to enter the portal since November. Wow, "since November." I also happened to see an article where he claims he's interested in either Big Ten or ACC schools. Odd for a Louisiana guy, but whatever.

Blast from the past:

DE Josh Griffis - This guy who was either at his first or second HS at the time, actually committed to the Butters regime. He stayed committed through the transition to Cousin Eddie, but somewhere along the way he realized he might not be a good fit for us. He decommitted from us and committed to the Nulls. Apparently, he was the one guy in America who thought WiLLLLLLLie Taggart was a good coach and after WiLLLLLLLie was canned, switched his committment to Louisville. The Nulls, clearly hurt at being thrown over, put on a full court press on that changed his mind and he signed with them after all. After two seasons of nothing to show for his efforts, he transferred to Jackson State to play for Deion Sanders. Sanders, as we all know, left JSU for Colorado; and, in a great display of intelligence, left Griffis behind. Griffis, landed on his feet though and transferred to Tarleton State. For those of you who are unaware (I had to look it up), Tarleton is in Stevenville, Texas, which is near, uh, well, it's not really near anywhere. Anyway, it must not be too much of a great place as Mr. Griffis is now seeking his fourth program; well, sixth actually if you also count the other schools to which he was once committed. I'm sensing a real pattern with this guy.

Last but not least:

No on all of those kids. Collier would be the closest to a “maybe”. The rest suck. Griffis should quit embarrassing himself trying to play football already and embrace his role as tractor pull concession stand worker.

1713303227224.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not that Nunnery was likely a factor but does anyone have any idea what our LB situation will look like this year?
Seems like Pup will be a lock at starter but where and who will be beside him? We know Wingo has physical limitations(size, speed, and strength) but besides that he does have experience after being here for 8 or 9 years...:lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No on all of those kids. Collier would be the closest to a “maybe”. The rest suck. Griffis should quit embarrassing himself trying to play football already and embrace his role as tractor pull concession stand worker.

View attachment 69284
Yeah, definitely did not want any back; it was more of a “where are they now” type post intended for general amusement. Griffins btw had five sacks at an FCS School. Like water, I think he has found his own level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator