Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Allow me to interpet:

I disagree with them playing me at DE all spring, moving me back to ILB, and now cutting me. The really problem on defense is the fat jackoff guy who makes 1 million a year calling stupid plays on 4th and 16.
Damn I was way off. I thought he was talking about Napier and his magical play calling.

If they actually pulled a Saban and forced him out I’d feel a lot better about them, now they need to do about 10 or 15 more the same way. They all wanted NIL, now go work at Burger King mother fuchers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He took a shot at Hambones 3rd and Grantham prevent D called on that 4th and 16, which I 100% agree with the criticism.
So the illiterate asshat is transferring over one play, backed up with the word "nigga" about 17 times? Now we're siding with idiots like this?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So the illiterate asshat is transferring over one play, backed up with the word "nigga" about 17 times? Now we're siding with idiots like this?
we had 86 players.

he got cut and we are now at 85.

he isn't leaving by his own volition. there will be others. we're not operating under the Foley rule of 4 years on roster regardless of how terrible you are.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t care if he transfers, he’s not a great player. I did not like the tone and wording used in his tweet either. I just understand the criticism directed at hambone. I could give two Fuchs if he transfers, however this all star coaching staff has opened themselves up to criticism from fans, players, and the media.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of all the things that are actual issues with this staff, they have done a decent job of roster management. While being handed a schit hand due to the NCAA's lack of forethought in the 2020 exemptions. This is the first time since maybe Zook they we have stayed close or at the limit of 85 players. The fact they have no problem telling players that were not going to hack it to go is a positive.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I took a look at the portal today and saw a bunch of familiar names.

Former Gators:

OL David Conner - a Hevesy special (committed to the Mullen regime and stayed through the transition) who never saw the field with us and transferred to Colorado. Never saw the field for them either. Maybe non-power five is a good idea.......

S Corey Collier - Per Rivals the highest ranked player in our '21 class (#31 overall) who never quite put it all together here under either regime and transferred to Nebraska. Apparently he never quite put it together there either. Perhaps he should follow my suggestion for Mr. Conner.

Guys we wanted to be Gators but said "no thanks":

S Sam McCall - a Lakeland area product who was a top 100 recruit from the '22 class who chose the Nulls over the good guys (the truth be told, we never even got an OV out of the guy). Eventually, he took a good look around and realized that Tally really is as bad as he had heard and transferred after two seasons to aTm. Apparently he's one of those guys that doesn't listen to others and had to discover on his own that the town he transferred to was actually worse than the one he left. And away back to the portal he goes...........

OT Payton Kirkland - very big (like 350+) guy out of Orlando who seemed to have quite a bit of interest in us in the spring of '22 (lots of unofficials and an OV in June). The interest lasted right up until it didn't. After his OV to us, he took a few others and then committed to Texas without ever visiting. Go figure. The knock on him coming out of HS was his pass pro "needed work." If Texas has given up after two full seasons, I'm guessing it needs more than "work."

S Jacoby Mathews - a Louisiana native who was one of the top recruits in the '22 class and another of aTm's "greatest class ever"...... who also will finish his career somewhere else. This guy took a late OV to us and we probably had a chance; at least until the NIL checkbooks came out. Having watched him a few times, I thought this guy was actually pretty good. For you trivia buffs, he's the 19th aTm player to enter the portal since November. Wow, "since November." I also happened to see an article where he claims he's interested in either Big Ten or ACC schools. Odd for a Louisiana guy, but whatever.

Blast from the past:

DE Josh Griffis - This guy who was either at his first or second HS at the time, actually committed to the Butters regime. He stayed committed through the transition to Cousin Eddie, but somewhere along the way he realized he might not be a good fit for us. He decommitted from us and committed to the Nulls. Apparently, he was the one guy in America who thought WiLLLLLLLie Taggart was a good coach and after WiLLLLLLLie was canned, switched his committment to Louisville. The Nulls, clearly hurt at being thrown over, put on a full court press on that changed his mind and he signed with them after all. After two seasons of nothing to show for his efforts, he transferred to Jackson State to play for Deion Sanders. Sanders, as we all know, left JSU for Colorado; and, in a great display of intelligence, left Griffis behind. Griffis, landed on his feet though and transferred to Tarleton State. For those of you who are unaware (I had to look it up), Tarleton is in Stevenville, Texas, which is near, uh, well, it's not really near anywhere. Anyway, it must not be too much of a great place as Mr. Griffis is now seeking his fourth program; well, sixth actually if you also count the other schools to which he was once committed. I'm sensing a real pattern with this guy.

Last but not least:

WR Seven McGee - This fellow has no connection to UF of which I am aware other than getting an offer when he was coming out of HS as a 4* recruit in the class of '21. He committed and ultimately enrolled at Oregon though he transferred after a season to Jackson State. He's now in the portal again, but I mention him simply because I can't help but wonder if his parents were Seinfeld fans. If he has a sibling named "Soda" we'd know for sure.
Matthews cannot transfer to an SEC school.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
as an FYI, the SEC (to my understanding the only conference that does this) does not allow inter-Conference transfers in the spring portal.

Well - they allow it, but the player does not get eligibility for the year. Unless he wants to sit for a year he need to transfer out of conference.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
as an FYI, the SEC (to my understanding the only conference that does this) does not allow inter-Conference transfers in the spring portal.

Well - they allow it, but the player does not get eligibility for the year. Unless he wants to sit for a year he need to transfer out of conference.
How long before the SEC realizes this is actually hurting the members and not helping?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This should be the rule for all transfers again, with the only exception being if your head coach leaves/fired, and grad transfers.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. The courts have officially disagreed, so that's that.

The minute transfers were immediately eligible in all sports except football and basketball, it was just a question of time.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He didn’t trash the program at all. But you’re right, he’s an illiterate, lousy player that Napier gave a scholarship too and even Nunnery has enough sense to know Slingblade is a shyt play caller.
That stupid motherfucher called the triple flea flicker reverse play again in the spring game. Has to be the first coach in history with 2 offensive coordinators and neither one of them call plays. :lol:
The signs have been there that Napier's not an unconventional coach, but that he really doesn't know what he's doing. Would be shocked to find he actually oversees practices and sanity checks what his assistants are supposed to be doing. I believe he really doesn't know.

That aside, no surprise Nunnery did not have what was needed and I would believe the staff misled on some levels. For all the back office staff Napier has employed, our portal work is at best mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator