Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's more than 7 plays and they're an indictment of his inability to accept coaching or to change.
And this will be unpopular, because it's a feather in CBNs cap, but CBN never threw ETN under the bus for this and has accepted the heat for our schitty offense. And don't get me wrong, it was schitty for many reasons other than ETNs bad blocking so he should, because it's on him.
But when he would say, post game, that we were "just a few plays from winning"...these were SOME of those.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, it's something he definitely needs to work on, but keep in mind that lowlight reel is something like 7 plays.

The bulldogs and tigers obviously never saw those seven plays. When uga is .500 next year and Beck is watching the Birmingham Bowl from the paraplegic wing of a nearby hospital, they’ll wish they had.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The bulldogs and tigers obviously never saw those seven plays. When uga is .500 next year and Beck is watching the Birmingham Bowl from the paraplegic wing of a nearby hospital, they’ll wish they had.
Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Our program is burning down to the ground due to ineptness and plain buffoonery and Stricklin is more focused on The Swamp renovations.

This guy here gets it and speaks loud and clear for many of us...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208_190142_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231208_190142_Instagram.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 40

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Doering’s assessment. I just think that there’s not nearly as many kids growing up pulling for certain schools / teams as there once was, so nowhere near the identification, pride, and allegiance. Feels like it’s more about $$ and whatever you’ve got to do to keep your name relevant and in the spotlight. We can thank the portal, NIL, and selfish people in general for the growing Wild West show we are being treated to with few exceptions.

Additionally, there is no denying from where I sit and view that Billy is not going to be successful. In fact, he is treading the same water Muschamp was at the end of his tenure. It is not a stretch at this point to believe he will be the worst of the last four hires.
This is why college football is dead.

I’m a little behind you, but in mid late 80s there were still a few scout team players you knew, went to class with, had a beer at Joes Deli, and you could cheer like mad when the took the field on kick off returns.

Then you could also say go Gators to the stars when you saw them on campus and they’d respond back. They were Gators.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Can we pool together our funds and buy Napier a copy of "College Football Transfer Portal for Dummies?" He doesn't seem to understand how it works.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Kyle McCord is buns
The transfer portal needs to have guidelines but nobody has the guts to implement any changes…..If an athlete has graduated they should be able to go wherever they want. Limit the free transfer to only athletes who have been at said school for three years and any other cases need review by conference or NCAA. Exceptions to the three year rule can be if the coach that you signed with leaves or gets fired. Kids leaving as starters just for money or family perks is ruining the sport. BN and his sorry offensive scheme/line shares some blame for Ettiene leaving but there is no doubt in my mind that Georgia tampered with him and even though his family has money, momma could always use more.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The transfer portal needs to have guidelines but nobody has the guts to implement any changes…..If an athlete has graduated they should be able to go wherever they want. Limit the free transfer to only athletes who have been at said school for three years and any other cases need review by conference or NCAA. Exceptions to the three year rule can be if the coach that you signed with leaves or gets fired. Kids leaving as starters just for money or family perks is ruining the sport. BN and his sorry offensive scheme/line shares some blame for Ettiene leaving but there is no doubt in my mind that Georgia tampered with him and even though his family has money, momma could always use more.
Anti-trust. I just read were TN joined other states in a law suit against the NCAA over the transfer rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.