Votes: 58 35.6%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their QBs looked decent in their spring game but you cant go by practice games as we know all too well. Not sure what to think of KY this year as they have a bunch of starters coming back but the defense was pretty bad last year and its the same guys coming back on that side of the ball.
Everyone's team looks great against Kintucky, even Kintucky.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Actually I think that was Meyer in ‘05 against LSU getting 5 turnovers and losing, then crying after the game in the press conference.

I was thinking about the Zook game in 2004, but it was only 3 turnovers.
LSU vs. Florida - Team Statistics - October 9, 2004 - ESPN

You are more right about 2005 than you thought, though. LSU had 6 turnovers in that game but we only mustered 200 yards of offense and lost 21-17.
Florida vs. LSU - Team Statistics - October 15, 2005 - ESPN

Meyer, meanwhile, was fighting back tears at the other end of Tiger Stadium. Although he could have been upset by his offense's continued struggles, his eyes were glassy because he felt like the Gators showed heart for the first time this season.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dishyt didn't either, but I don't know of a way to coach composure. No coach, even Pease told him to panic and scramble into the waiting DE.

I don't know what you do with Franks windup either. It is so slow and his form problems are no doubt part of why his accuracy is spotty.
Agree, I see this as the biggest problem, and why despite it going against any logic, Trask might actually be a better fit. This O is going to require a lot of quick hit short passes so unless they teach Franks to shovel pass everything less than 15 yards, I just don't see how the extra time from the slow windup (not to mention the poor accuracy) is going to work.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to argue which square peg fits the round hole better is silly.

Mullinz has shown he can produce a low mediocre offense with a running QB who cannot pass.

Mullinz has also shown he cannot produce anything with a passing QB who cannot run.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trying to argue which square peg fits the round hole better is silly.

Mullinz has shown he can produce a low mediocre offense with a running QB who cannot pass.

Mullinz has also shown he cannot produce anything with a passing QB who cannot run.
Which has to make you really wonder about EJ. This should be about as easy of a Duo of QB's for a true freshman to supplant.

I'm hoping Mullen just doesn't want to put the pressure on him of starting him game 1, or maybe he is trying to avoid having Franks looking to transfer as long as possible. But my fear is maybe EJ throws to the wrong guy as often as he hits his target, so Mullen can't risk playing him. If it is a serious accuracy issue for EJ, he will probably have a hard time holding off JJ next year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Why? If he can't run well and cant beat out a true freshman we have no use for him.
Because someone has to be ready to go in the next play more than ever in Mullen's battering ram O. I don't have a very high opinion on Mullenz code of ethics, being from the tree of CUM and seeing how Mullen deals with woman beaters, so him using Franks to avoid or postpone a transfer wouldn't surprise me. But unfortunately from little we can gather from practice, it seems like it's more the accuracy issue for EJ.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I think they burned a year when the semester started.
Yes. Yesterday was the first day of class. so if they were going to transfer it would have been before or done yesterday. So I don't know what year Franks and Trask were academically, but if they were in class yesterday they cant transfer til dec.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because someone has to be ready to go in the next play more than ever in Mullen's battering ram O. I don't have a very high opinion on Mullenz code of ethics, being from the tree of CUM and seeing how Mullen deals with woman beaters, so him using Franks to avoid or postpone a transfer wouldn't surprise me. But unfortunately from little we can gather from practice, it seems like it's more the accuracy issue for EJ.

I doubt this is as much a bettering ram offense that runs the QB a lot as people are thinking. Look at 2012 MSU but with the QB running a little bit unlike that starting QB and just like 2012 it probably wont produce much against the good defenses we play.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just 9 days. I'm really feeling anxious. Somebody phone Charleston Southern to make sure they're coming.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
For those worried about CB depth it sounds like Trey Dean and Brian Edwards are settling into the rotation behind starters Henderson and Wilson.

Any word on Amari Burney's progress at Safety? If any?

Is Pierce gonna stay back there too or was that temporary?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those worried about CB depth it sounds like Trey Dean and Brian Edwards are settling into the rotation behind starters Henderson and Wilson.

Any word on Amari Burney's progress at Safety? If any?

Is Pierce gonna stay back there too or was that temporary?
Thought it was Clement

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Thought it was Clement

Yeah that's right. Up to my eyeballs in stuff right now, only keeping one ear on the run up to game day. In any case, is Clement going to stay back there and how is Burney doing? Haven't heard much about him. Glad to hear Dean is living up to the billing.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah that's right. Up to my eyeballs in stuff right now, only keeping one ear on the run up to game day. In any case, is Clement going to stay back there and how is Burney doing? Haven't heard much about him. Glad to hear Dean is living up to the billing.
No idea

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just 9 days. I'm really feeling anxious. Somebody phone Charleston Southern to make sure they're coming.
It is probably the majority of their income for the year. They will be here.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
With all this concern about the mighty Kentucky squad I will say this with absolute certainty:

If that team was our team...and that coach was our coach...this board would have already imploded. Even the pumpers would be dumpers.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I hope you are correct, but perhaps my view of a stacked D and yours is different. I might be willing to call a D like Clemson has coming back stacked. I have a difficult time using stacked when referring to UF b/c of almost zero quality players returning at LB and not a single safety that I have seen play show me anything as of yet. Perhaps some of the new guys will shine.

That was probably too strong of a phrase. I mean it's stacked compared to UK and what they bring on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator