Uum . . . Sure

C4!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pleez Traz, more pumpers than dumpers? = more positive words than negative? My considering myself an honest Gator fan is based on = when posters reveal negatives my worrisome doubts increase, my hopes get diluted, I feel a pang of sadness. So, my pessimism is increased; however, my pessimism never reaches the level that I want to make it my "work-in-progress" to spread it onto my fellow GC-Gator faithful. (err "just sayin".)

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I’ll go to bat here. This is more of a response about Itraz to the guy he’s responding to.

On multiple boards now, Itraz and I have agreed on some things and disagreed on others. Sometimes in our disagreements he has been right and other times I have been. One thing I don’t question is his knowledge or sincerity. In the end, we both want the same thing, even in my early season pumper mode and Itraz in his “ill believe it when I see it” mode. I don’t think that’s necessarily negative, though it comes off that way sometimes, I think a lot of reasonable people after watching 8 years of awful offense have plenty of reason to have doubt about things. How many times have we heard things were getting fixed and they weren’t? He does like a good debate and anyone who disagrees with him, give him one.

That is what’s special about this board. I was at other boards with Itraz, BMF, and others where you’re facing a ban if you go against the “everything is fine” narrative. They great news is this week we begin to see (a little) of whether it’ll be a pump or dump season. So pumps, dumps, in between, let’s have fun and enjoy some football

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I see more "fingers crossed" attitude than anything else. We have pretty much discussed our Mullen doubts over and over and now we just wait and see. I cant imagine ANYONE thinking "all is well" with the program at this time.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

I'm not sure what board you have been reading if you think "There are significantly more pumpers here than negative posters." In the last few weeks? Honestly? I have to scroll through several pages to find a single positive comment about anything related to the program.

I would say we both consider ourselves to be reasonable, rational fans and yet you think me overly positive and I think you are mostly negative. We all view ourselves through a mostly complimentary lens. I'll try to view your postings with a more objective perspective.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure what board you have been reading if you think "There are significantly more pumpers here than negative posters." In the last few weeks? Honestly? I have to scroll through several pages to find a single positive comment about anything related to the program.

That’s not really a fair assessment. This is mainly because 80% of the posts in any thread are Donkey’s. I think there are more pumperish or wait and see posters. It’s just that Donkey posts a lot.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
That’s not really a fair assessment. This is mainly because 80% of the posts in any thread are Donkey’s. I think there are more pumperish or wait and see posters. It’s just that Donkey posts a lot.

Yes, he is by far the most prodigious poster but I see a lot of different user names with nothing positive to say. I certainly understand the wait and see approach. I would consider myself cautiously optimistic.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Funny stuff, but donkey isn’t the only Debbie Downer here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny stuff, but donkey isn’t the only Debbie Downer here.

No he’s not. I’m a bit of a downer as well. Not much to be up about. Hope that Mullen puts watchable football on the field.

We’ll see. Do you remember how hard that 2004 team was to watch on offense without a QB that could run it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator