Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Living in Baton Rouge, my favorite part of the Brian Kelly hire is my friends telling me that he will be successful because LSU has low academic standards.
This is true in terms of what recruits you can actually land, I've been saying it for years regarding ND, UF, Michigan... for UF, it doesn't matter if they clear the NCAA hurdle, the admin ain't lettin' in the Meyer's type "angels" ever again. We are still "lax" compared to ND and Michigan... the evidence is in listening to any post game player interview. ;)

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
fsucks took ND to overtime in the 1st game this year. Kelly ducked and dodged all year to wind up with a decent looking on-paper record. If he's in the SEC he's got 3-4 losses hanging around his neck by now. Gonna be some pissed Cajuns when Kelley starts taking some regular azz-whoopins every year

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
fsucks took ND to overtime in the 1st game this year. Kelly ducked and dodged all year to wind up with a decent looking on-paper record. If he's in the SEC he's got 3-4 losses hanging around his neck by now. Gonna be some pissed Cajuns when Kelley starts taking some regular azz-whoopins every year

Brian Kelly is just Gus Malzahn wearing funny glasses. It's absolutely hilarious they are paying $100M for him

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably the smartest decision short term, at least. The market is wild right now. He can probably keep the best staffers and save the recruiting class.
All he has to do is find an OC as good or nearly as good as Kelly, which is damn easy.

Hell, everyone runs that offense now. There are 1000s of guys who could call that game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why would any D1 College Football Program promote a "Never Has Been" Head Coach to HC over some proven commodity like Cousin Eddie? Oh wait, I know the answer, sorry I asked the question. My bad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would any D1 College Football Program promote a "Never Has Been" Head Coach to HC over some proven commodity like Cousin Eddie? Oh wait, I know the answer, sorry I asked the question. My bad.
Trying to save 6 million, right?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This seems like the best case outcome for ND and the worst case for Kelly.

The ND fans I know are all pretty happy with it. The Irish have a top 5 recruiting class and most of the incoming recruits and the players said they wanted to play for Freeman; plus it saves them a decent amount of money since he's a first-time head coach and not a big-name guy. Modest risk, but high potential reward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator