Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It's not true because I've spent a week busting people's asses to cut it out. I've been a real dictator. Several have been banned and/or removed from threads and sent to my camp to "get their mind right". GB HOR is probably the biggest Napier hater and he's unhappy with me right now. MatthewM and Concrete Helmet are away from the board seeing my dream team of therapists right now as well.

As usual, I set the tone with every aspect of this board. If I didn't like Napier the rhetoric would be even MORE vile right now following the hire, not less.

I certainly didn't discourage anyone from trashing Mullen after the 2017 hire.
But even if, just for the sake of argument boredom, we pretend that's not faux-megalomaniacal sarcasm, it's still an acknowledgment from you that for one reason or another, "it's not true," that people are still b*tching about Napier here. Which brings us back to, why are you b*tching about nothing?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Ha! The real world of the Tampa Bay Lightning Bandwagon, ridden by a guy from Turdbucket, South Carolina. :lol2:

Im from all over. Air Force brat then joined the Army. I'd hardly call Charleston, SC, turdbucket. Exact opposite. But keep trying.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Wait.... wut?

One of the Swamp Ass rejects who LITERALLY start threads about Swamp Ass threads or about how much they hate Swamp Ass throws this at me?

Come on, man.
Reading is fundamental, Fuchstard. Try again. You're the one who doesn't get pussy, and Ox is the one who seems to exist in a parallel universe where everybody on this site hates Napier.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Network engineer! I didn't know that's what "neteng" means. Not that I gave it much thought, but I figured it was something more creative than a simple abbreviation of your job title.

This is like when I found out that despite talking all kinds of Tampa smack about Miami, you don't live in Tampa, or even in Florida. You just continue disappointing me. :shakehead:
Give it time - you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Im from all over. Air Force brat then joined the Army. I'd hardly call Charleston, SC, turdbucket. Exact opposite. But keep trying.
Ahh that's right, you did say Charleston. That is a nice city all jokes aside. But what's your claim to the Lightning?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Ahh that's right, you did say Charleston. That is a nice city all jokes aside. But what's your claim to the Lightning?

Same as my claim to the Gators and Bucs. I lived in Gville for a spell when my dad was assigned at UF in the ROTC program. 1976-1980ish era. After school, I basically just played on campus until Dad was ready to go home. Shot hoops in the Odome after it was built, ran around in the swamp and ran laps around lake alice. I would even go to football games by myself. I hit schnellenberger in the head with an orange as they trotted out on the field. Time of my life. My time in Florida was a huge influence on me and I root for those teams.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier didn’t waste any time reaching out to Richardson. Finally, a coach who knows how and why his bread is buttered.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Billy Napier will be formally introduced as the new head coach of the Florida Gators on Sunday, December 5. But first, he has a game to coach.

Napier's current team, the No. 20 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (11-1), will face the defending conference champion Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-2) in the Sun Belt Championship game this Saturday at 3:30 P.M. ET.

Napier expressed in a statement released when he took the Florida job, as well as in his weekly press conference, that it was always his full intention to coach in the league title game despite his candidacy for a gig with a bigger program.

"There was never a doubt we were going to coach in the game and certainly even now we tried to get the [Florida] announcement out of the way yesterday. We’ll have a total focus this week on the conference championship game," Napier said on Monday. "When we’re done here Saturday we’ll go forward and start working on the challenges that are ahead of us."

The challenges ahead for Napier, at Florida, include putting together a coaching and recruiting staff and hitting the trail to build upon an underwhelming 2022 class of high school commits. Napier has under two and a half weeks to pull both of these feats off, as the early signing period begins on December 15.

"I think the recruiting dynamic is just part of, it's becoming part of college football this time of year. It's certainly affected things in a lot of different ways, right?" Napier asked. "I think this year in particular given the dynamic with the transfer portal, the combination of that to go along with December signing, there's so many variables that affect this time of year."

Given the nature of the time crunch, Napier has set aside some time in the early morning and late evening to focus on his new responsibilities with the Gators. He isn't letting those duties distract him from this week's task at hand with Louisiana, though.

Keep in mind, Napier's Louisiana teams have clinched a spot in every Sun Belt championship game in the contest's four-year history. However, his Ragin' Cajuns have yet to bring home the trophy, going 0-2 in the game while the 2020 championship was canceled amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It's a goal of his and his team's to lift the trophy.

"We’ve allocated some time early in the morning and late at night to work on some of the future challenges that we have [at Florida], but my schedule won’t change this week. I think we owe that to the players, and certainly that’s the approach that we’ll take.

"My conversations with administration at Florida, that was clear that this week, in particular, we were going to be focused on doing the best job we could do for this staff and the players here ... heck, anybody that's been around us here knows that that's the way it should be and that's the way we want it to be."

* Please note that the preceding post is in compliance with Ox's new rule that The Words of Napier must be highlighted in red, like the way the words of Jesus appear in some Bibles. No offense, @NOLAGATOR.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Whoever is running Napier's Twitter account has gone through 247's state rankings, found each of the top 30-50 (or so) players from each southern state's Twitter account and followed them - regardless of who they are committed to. He's followed HUNDREDS of recruits in the last two days. Dan Mullen, when he was still coach, followed less than 700 people (he's since scrubbed his account and there's less than 300 that he's following now).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m good with that. It’s not an arbitrary bowl game a month from now, it’s a conference championship game this weekend. He, his staff and his players thought hard to get there. I think this is a good look for him, and it couldn’t hurt for him to win a championship. More along the lines of what Meyer and Smart did.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Billy Napier will be formally introduced as the new head coach of the Florida Gators on Sunday, December 5. But first, he has a game to coach.

Napier's current team, the No. 20 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (11-1), will face the defending conference champion Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-2) in the Sun Belt Championship game this Saturday at 3:30 P.M. ET.

Napier expressed in a statement released when he took the Florida job, as well as in his weekly press conference, that it was always his full intention to coach in the league title game despite his candidacy for a gig with a bigger program.

"There was never a doubt we were going to coach in the game and certainly even now we tried to get the [Florida] announcement out of the way yesterday. We’ll have a total focus this week on the conference championship game," Napier said on Monday. "When we’re done here Saturday we’ll go forward and start working on the challenges that are ahead of us."

The challenges ahead for Napier, at Florida, include putting together a coaching and recruiting staff and hitting the trail to build upon an underwhelming 2022 class of high school commits. Napier has under two and a half weeks to pull both of these feats off, as the early signing period begins on December 15.

"I think the recruiting dynamic is just part of, it's becoming part of college football this time of year. It's certainly affected things in a lot of different ways, right?" Napier asked. "I think this year in particular given the dynamic with the transfer portal, the combination of that to go along with December signing, there's so many variables that affect this time of year."

Given the nature of the time crunch, Napier has set aside some time in the early morning and late evening to focus on his new responsibilities with the Gators. He isn't letting those duties distract him from this week's task at hand with Louisiana, though.

Keep in mind, Napier's Louisiana teams have clinched a spot in every Sun Belt championship game in the contest's four-year history. However, his Ragin' Cajuns have yet to bring home the trophy, going 0-2 in the game while the 2020 championship was canceled amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It's a goal of his and his team's to lift the trophy.

"We’ve allocated some time early in the morning and late at night to work on some of the future challenges that we have [at Florida], but my schedule won’t change this week. I think we owe that to the players, and certainly that’s the approach that we’ll take.

"My conversations with administration at Florida, that was clear that this week, in particular, we were going to be focused on doing the best job we could do for this staff and the players here ... heck, anybody that's been around us here knows that that's the way it should be and that's the way we want it to be."

* Please note that the preceding post is in compliance with Ox's new rule that The Words of Napier must be highlighted in red, like the way the words of Jesus appear in some Bibles. No offense, @NOLAGATOR.

So is Napier UF's redeemer?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But even if, just for the sake of argument boredom, we pretend that's not faux-megalomaniacal sarcasm, it's still an acknowledgment from you that for one reason or another, "it's not true," that people are still b*tching about Napier here.
Because the only reason it's not true is because all the serious naysayers are on vacations. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m good with that. It’s not an arbitrary bowl game a month from now, it’s a conference championship game this weekend. He, his staff and his players thought hard to get there. I think this is a good look for him, and it couldn’t hurt for him to win a championship. More along the lines of what Meyer and Smart did.
I love it.

He wants that damn trophy finally. trophies matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator