4-8 ....convince me otherwise

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since Meyer we’ve hired a defensive coordinator, an offensive coordinator, a recruiting coordinator, and a chubby closet homosexual that refuses basic dental hygiene and has an affinity for sharks. How about we hire an athletic director that can actually hire a head football coach. I know that seems like a lot to ask, and I’m sure I’m just that spoiled fan, but still.

What’s worse is that we would have to fire two AD’s.

At UF AD’s are like Oline coaches, it takes two just to suck.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
RJ Moten, number 16, had himself a game. He’s going to carry the recent tradition of absolutely abysmal safety play. Not only was he responsible for their first TD (tackling our own player along the way), he completely WHIFFED on their QB run for a TD. View attachment 61342

This snapshot is right after another great transfer (Tejada Mitchell) from Ohio State slipped at the line of scrimmage.

We have the Big Ten castoffs

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The biggest take away, despite, winning or losing is that Billy Napier has been exposed as a liar. Just like Muschamp, Mullen, and Mac.

Can we cut the crap, please.
He is NOT detail oriented. He has proven that he is not. Detail oriented coaches know what jerseys their team is wearing. There's a video of him on youtube talking about how he wants the team to wear their socks. Pearsall basically had on a different uniform yesterday, that's not detail oriented.

He does NOT have a plan for every scenario. 4th and 14 proves that.

He does NOT have trusted system. Guys out of place prove that. This is second year here and 6th year coaching, his system is busted.

He does not have a process. His playcalling proves that. He literally thinks going for it on 4th down is a proven process or that he has some sort of wizardry that tells him when it feels right.

Win or lose, stop lying. This has nothing to do with coaching, it's integrity. If we can see it the players can see it. You don't think they have televisions at home too. They were embarrassed and they trusted the system. This erases trust from his own guys. We've seen this all before, I just don't know how this gets any better. I don't think it's malicious, just over his head like Muschamp. You can't promise the moon and deliver the dark.

The only difference here is that I hated to see it with Billy. I really thought maybe he could do it.

:exactly:
He's basically like Gomer Pyle trying to be the CEO of a large corporation.....The first thing that told me this was thinking he could be both HC and OC...It just doesn't work in today's big boy college game. He's not capable of overseeing the people in charge of each area of the team. That's what a real modern CFB HC does.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We are in continuing need of greater vision and prioritization at the highest athletic administrative level.
This is it in a nutshell. Yes all of us have seen enough to know that Sling Blade is horrendous on Game Day between the lines and realizes he could not last as a HC in Pop Warner. Other the administrative part of being a HC it appears his on the field acumen during practice also blows chunks. With that said, not even the very best HC in college football can overcome the absolute worst administration regarding athletics in the entire country. The new Prez has not been there long enough for me to pass judgment on him, but he would be the only hope going forward. The previous President did not know a Badminton Birdie from a Baseball Bat nor did he care. The title of Athletic Directior would imply that the person who has that job would have knowledge of Athletics. Yet we have 2 AD's there and neither have any idea what Athletics are and not a chance to ever figure it out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I applaud your ability to stay positive. Nothing I saw last night gives me a reason to be positive about the season. The pumper in me wishes I could see it but game film is what it is.
Agreed. Nothing I seen last night gives me reason to be positive about anything regarding our future. Not just the season. The truth is we're actually worse than when coach Napier got here. I like the man, I'm not gonna call him any stupid names because unlike the last 3 , I think he's got integrity. But we all know where this is headed.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This snapshot is right after another great transfer (Tejada Mitchell) from Ohio State slipped at the line of scrimmage.

We have the Big Ten castoffs
And that play happened right after Fowler pseudo-hyped both of them being former Big 10

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are in continuing need of greater vision and prioritization at the highest athletic administrative level.
They just continue to completely miss on the big picture . In this case they completely under valued Napier's short comings as a playcaller and his offense in general.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
we went from a guy whos singular focus was drawing up ball plays on a whiteboard - no crootin, no roster mgmt, no exec abilities, no development, no holistic program improvement, no accountability

to a guy whos singularly focused on program development - no in game mgmt, no offensive philosophy/identity, no abilty to call plays, no adjustments.

i mean good christ, can we just get someone that can cover the bases reasonably well? at this point, just being competitive with the upper tier would ensure a long tenure here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
we went from a guy whos singular focus was drawing up ball plays on a whiteboard - no crootin, no roster mgmt, no exec abilities, no development, no holistic program improvement, no accountability

to a guy whos singularly focused on program development - no in game mgmt, no offensive philosophy/identity, no abilty to call plays, no adjustments.

i mean good christ, can we just get someone that can cover the bases reasonably well? at this point, just being competitive with the upper tier would ensure a long tenure here.

This was always my concern. Could the guy coach? We knew he could recruit from his days at Bama, which logically meant he could recruit well at Louisiana. The same wouldn't necessarily hold true when attempting to apply his head coaching success as a proxy. He wanted to call the plays and call the shots. How good was he at either?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I tuned out Gator football at the end of last year's disaster after being told we needed to "give him a chance" to have a full offseason, to make his coaching changes, recruit, etc. Just like we heard about Cousin Eddie, Ol' HeeHaw, and Chump. Didn't watch the spring game. Paid no attention at all to the offseason. Turned it on last night and by the end of the first series knew all I needed to know about how this would turn out. With Netflix doing us a favor and reminding us the last time our program had any success, and showing what it looked like, perhaps fans will wake up and realize this cast of idiots ain't it and throw the bums out sooner than later.

Of course if anybody had bothered to watch any of his games at ULL, none of what is happening is a surprise. It turns out you can win some games in the Sun Belt if you recruit well, but it takes more than that to win in the big boy leagues. Napier has no offensive imagination whatsoever. Our defensive coordinator looks like he found him working at a Circle K. Our coaching staff may be filled with really nice guys, but they are all out of their league. In the meantime we'll continue to hear the same tired excuses we heard about the last 3 losers we had. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.