40 year old Vince Carter

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wow - he's a man, he's 40 and looking good.

This is still my favorite Vince Carter though

1182874481_1.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is he a HOF'er? I just don't see a HOF'er when I see him. Yeah, he can dunk and always could do that.

WHat's his career average? He did play till 40. I don't know maybe somebody can convince me.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll still be able to do that at 40 too.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guy spent much of his career sitting on the bench faking injuries (or dragging his feet to return from them), so it's no surprise he's playing into his 40's.

He's a pretty good player though when he wants to be on the court.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ummmm....40 isn't "old". It's "old" for a professional athlete, but you don't just completely fall apart the day you turn 40!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ummmm....40 isn't "old". It's "old" for a professional athlete, but you don't just completely fall apart the day you turn 40!!

It's pretty remarkable to be moving the way that he is at the age of 40. I probably haven't been able to dunk a basketball since I was 30 years old. I'm pretty sure that if I did CrossFit box jumps I could eventually get to that point again. But not nearly with that grace.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's the best in-game (and perhaps out-game) dunker I have ever seen. I remember when he did a windmill on an alley-oop pass, something I didn't even think was humanely possible. I was blown away.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
40 may not be "old," but everything does start to go downhill after that. Knees, back, vision, hair...I can barely even play basketball at all anymore, let alone dunk it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you had asked me if I thought Vince Carter could still do a between-the-legs dunk like that, I would have said no. Huge difference between 40 and 21.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
VC was a player that Gator Nation really wanted and for a while it looked like he would be ours. Was a real disappointment when he went to UNC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Living in Gainesville at the time, I remember him coming here for a visit. We were trying to capitalize off of our Final Four appearance in 1994. Unfortunately, there's no way players like Carter were going to choose Florida over UNC no matter how great of a season we were coming off of.

That 94 dream season didn't translate to the kind of recruiting boost we were hoping for.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Living in Gainesville at the time, I remember him coming here for a visit. We were trying to capitalize off of our Final Four appearance in 1994. Unfortunately, there's no way players like Carter were going to choose Florida over UNC no matter how great of a season we were coming off of.

That 94 dream season didn't translate to the kind of recruiting boost we were hoping for.

Due to style of play we were not getting a player like Carter, especially over UNC.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Hell yeah, if we are talking about all us non-professional athletes... I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I obviously know you know all this. I think mid-30s is a make or break point for most men. Family is is young, bills are big, working long hours. You wake up one day and wonder what the hell happened to your body. 95% of men throw in the towel at that point... like all the fat ass cry babies in this thread. But for runners and triathletes... all the guys who are absolutely destroying it are in the late 40s. I just blew the doors off a race this weekend and set 4 new personal bests. So to all you coach potatoes... quit your whining and do something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator