Advice for a disenchanted public school teacher

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Maybe I'll look into admin. I'm not interested in a long drive at the momsnt. I just did 4 years of a 40 minute drive and got out of that

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You aren't a passenger on the ship of life. You are the captain and the ship goes where you tell it to go. Find something interesting (or not interesting even) that pays decent money and get the training and skills necessary to work in that field. What are you, 30 or something? You have time to do damn near anything. Hell you could be at the controls of an airliner 5 years from now if you wanted to.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You aren't a passenger on the ship of life. You are the captain and the ship goes where you tell it to go. Find something interesting (or not interesting even) that pays decent money and get the training and skills necessary to work in that field. What are you, 30 or something? You have time to do damn near anything. Hell you could be at the controls of an airliner 5 years from now if you wanted to.
Me at the controls of a plane. That's a scary thought

Joking aside I appreciate the advice given so far

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Send me 10K....I'll teach you how to be a successful day trader....

Send me another 10K....I'll teach you how to make millions in RE.

Send me 50K and I'll teach you all about
Zach Braff Scrubs GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In all seriousness Born if I had to do it all over again the way things are right now I'd learn a trade(electrian probably). Then I'd start my own business down the road once I got enough contacts and experience. If you can perform a needed service at a fair price and be reliable and honest while doing it the road will be paved in gold for you within 5-10 years. The quality and reliablity aspect of ANY type of service is going to sh!t and quickly....

Don't feel too bad though as I ponder this question a lot myself lately(since Bidenomics is destroying the economy).....Over the last year I keep having reoccurring dreams(nightmares really) of being back in the kitchen and none of my staff shows up or trying to sell boats during the beginning of the Obama years in an empty showroom....
Charlie Hunnam Nightmare GIF by tvshowpilot.com

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
C'mon, man! Act like you actually want to take action to change... in the meantime, here you go:
Thanks I'll look into that. I think that's the logical step classroom to admin. Just got to get over my fears of it.

Growing about a foot taller would help too

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks I'll look into that. I think that's the logical step classroom to admin. Just got to get over my fears of it.

Growing about a foot taller would help too
^THIS!!!

This is part of what I was going to write about (and have written about many times over the years here)... "individual risk tolerance." That combined with "ability to get off of ones butt and actually do"

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
^THIS!!!

This is part of what I was going to write about (and have written about many times over the years here)... "individual risk tolerance." That combined with "ability to get off of ones butt and actually do"
I've been teaching for 9 years with aspergers. No idea how I've done that without popping off at a kid and getting in trouble. Never so much as cussed at a student. Somehow im able to control it better in a professional setting. Maybe it would be the same.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been teaching for 9 years with aspergers. No idea how I've done that without popping off at a kid and getting in trouble. Never so much as cussed at a student. Somehow im able to control it better in a professional setting. Maybe it would be the same.
this explains so much. :lol:

Seriously though, listen to deet, he'll steer you right.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
UPS driver trainee. Eventually reach 170K per year per the newly ratified union contract. Not a bad gig.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve got zero dependents so buy some a vagisil and chase a dream!
Buy a boat, get a captains license and charge people $1,200-1,500 a day to go fishing.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UPS driver trainee. Eventually reach 170K per year per the newly ratified union contract. Not a bad gig.
With a pension too. I think its the rule of 80 or something...years of service plus age equals 80 and you can retire with a pension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.