Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
@KevinBrockwayG1: ESPN’s Chris Mortensen on Florida QB Anthony Richardson, NFL Draft: “Most people I talk to love what they see but think he should spend another year in school.” #Gators
Translation: Let him get some further vetting without us having to commit any money.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How do you think he will do on the Wonderlic?

Have you listened to most of the NFL Qb’s?
Do you think a Wonderlic score really matters anymore?

Besides, AR’s issues are psychological more than intellectual.
In gator terms, he’s more Terry Dean than Tim Tebow.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No...the press would react even more negatively towards his demonstrations of faith and the same thing would happen. They'd just brand him a 'white supremacist' first.

This is THE absolute truth.
There is no time in the last twenty years that Tim would have been allowed to compete fairly.

Now if he had a checkered past he would immediately be deemed a hero.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can believe it. They likely want to see if he can better learn to read progressions, possibly audible correctly, improve his short to intermittent passing accuracy, and actually provide leadership when the chips are down. I’d love to see him be able to and if he’s back, he’s convinced the staff that he’s all in.

So would I.
Unfortunately I just don’t see him improving enough to justify a year without the money and for the gators it would be one more year before we find a winning QB.
I would rather send a freshman Rashada out there next year than watch AR struggle again. At least Rashada could improve.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So would I.
Unfortunately I just don’t see him improving enough to justify a year without the money and for the gators it would be one more year before we find a winning QB.
I would rather send a freshman Rashada out there next year than watch AR struggle again. At least Rashada could improve.
Likewise. Great potential, off the charts, but so are his inconsistencies and mood swings. Very hard for the Leopard to change his spots. To me, the best position we could put ourselves in would be to get a great 1-year QB from the portal with a solid freshman behind him and then follow that with no gaps in your QB recruiting. If AR were to return, Billy either truly becomes the QB Whisperer or he’s a year closer to returning to a lower tier program. I wouldn’t bet money either way and I’m probably more confident in his ability than many.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was as frustrated as anyone with AR at times this year. But if he elects to come back, I will immediately feel much better about next season than I currently do. He’s had one year as a starter. Maybe he’s exactly the same next year and has plateaued, but we’ll either be rolling the dice with a complete unknown currently on the roster or bringing in a one-year Band-Aid that may or may not be better. So I am in the camp that I would love to hear he is staying..

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
8 wins?? With freshmen across the board and Patrick Toney as the DC?? You are certifiable.
Outside of Mizzou and Vandy, very good chance every team in the East will be starting a new QB next season, and most all, with the exception of Milton at UT or Rattler at SC if he stays, with little to no in-game experience.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
There are going to be between 5-10 franchises looking for their future franchise QB. If they have someone for him to sit behind and learn for 1-2 years. Seahawks, Colts, Falcons, Steelers, Redskins, Detroit, Texans, Jets, Saints, Panthers at least will be looking for the next guy. Possibly Denver since the Russel Wilson trade didn't give them what they hoped or even Tennessee since Tannehill is giving them his ceiling.

The point is that NFL GM's and Coaches all think they can fix any talent with potentials problems. More times than not they can't, but if they do they are looked at as geniuses. I see him going anywhere from 10-32 in the first round. At most he will drop to round 2. Most likely what will happen is that someone who picks high trades back into the first round if he's there in the later half of the 1st round.
If a team can afford the risk, okay. How many that couldn't play in college somehow could in the NFL?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I made the mistake of opening a mock draft. Then another. And another. Richardson is not only in the first round in all of them, he's routinely in the top 10. Pro Football Network has him going #1 to the Texans.

I don't ever recall a Florida quarterback going in the top 10 and certainly not one that elicits the range or reaction Richardson does.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't ever recall a Florida quarterback going in the top 10 and certainly not one that elicits the range or reaction Richardson does.
Steve Spurrier, #3 to the SF 49ers, 1967. They thought he was so promising they made him their punter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Steve Spurrier, #3 to the SF 49ers, 1967. They thought he was so promising they made him their punter.

You know, I should have remembered that. The Fish took Griese next and Griese spent the rest of his life taking shots at Spurrier over finishing second to him twice in a span of a few weeks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know, I should have remembered that. The Fish took Griese next and Griese spent the rest of his life taking shots at Spurrier over finishing second to him twice in a span of a few weeks.
Yes, you should have. Hell, I remember you telling us stories of seeing The Four Horseman in person. Very cool stuff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, you should have. Hell, I remember you telling us stories of seeing The Four Horseman in person. Very cool stuff.

That was actually my lookalike nephew you're thinking of. He'd passed from old age a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator