Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
My opinion, with ain’t worth much (ask Mrs Alumni Guy), is that he slides substantially in the draft. Teams have learned that a qb bust picked in early 1st round will kill your team for a long time.

With his inconsistency, I don’t see a team wasting a top 10 pick on him. You just can’t fix stupid, and AR couldn’t master a Tecmo Bowl playbook with Bo Jackson at RB
Agree but if I were AR and 50/50 to be picked first round, I would take it. I also see him slipping, depending on his combine results- passing. Will he have to work out for staffs or ... ?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree but if I were AR and 50/50 to be picked first round, I would take it. I also see him slipping, depending on his combine results- passing. Will he have to work out for staffs or ... ?
He’s not throwing at the combine. No top QBs do. It will be at UF with his favorite receiver. Probably Pearsall. It’ll all be scripted throws.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This guy has AR going #1 overall. I don’t see it , but weirder things have happened.
I’ve seen several mock drafts that have him in the top 10 but that’s the first I’ve seen him at #1. It would be suicide for whoever did it.
I think anyone that needs a QB and doesn’t select CJ Stoud is a moron. That kid can sling it!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Almost all mocks have Richardson as the 4th QB taken, all in the first ten picks:

1. Young
2. Stroud
3. Levis
4. Richardson

What can the Combine actually show that would raise AR's stock? Everyone already knows he's the most physically talented of the four. He can run the fastest and throw the farthest, there's no mystery there. I honestly don't know what he has to gain by even going.

It's the film that's going to hurt him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This guy has AR going #1 overall. I don’t see it , but weirder things have happened.
Yeah. That guy’s smokin’ dope. Doesn’t have any of the film to support it. Should be around the third or fourth round but GMs love potential. So he’ll be somewhere in 1st round.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Almost all mocks have Richardson as the 4th QB taken, all in the first ten picks:

1. Young
2. Stroud
3. Levis
4. Richardson

What can the Combine actually show that would raise AR's stock? Everyone already knows he's the most physically talented of the four. He can run the fastest and throw the farthest, there's no mystery there. I honestly don't know what he has to gain by even going.

It's the film that's going to hurt him.
Is he going to the combine? I thought many skipped it that had 1st round projections.

And would you pick Young over Stroud? I know I wouldn’t.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
AR will make bank. But he'll wash out quickly. How many times have we heard "he's got all the physical tools" throughout the years. That's code for nothing between the ears.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AR will make bank. But he'll wash out quickly. How many times have we heard "he's got all the physical tools" throughout the years. That's code for nothing between the ears.
I hope it comes together for him. A kid with his athletic ability most likely didn’t get or require much coaching to be lights out in HS. We know what he got in his limited time at UF. One year with a part-time HC and another with a new HC installing a new offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That's based on the supposition that the Bears are willing to risk losing Jalen Carter to Arizona at #3. More importantly, it assumes the Colts are not only willing to gamble on trading up, but on a quarterback that comes in tattooed with questions over his mental game.

If Indianapolis trades up for #1, I see it taking Young. Stroud is pretty much cemented as the #2 quarterback in this draft.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Jay-Mark-Us?

album cover GIF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Young and Stroud are the only two QB's that should be considered for the first round. Next best QB, is a 3rd rounder at best. NFL GMs are notorious for making awful draft picks when it comes to QB, which is why Richardson will be a top 15 pick, and Levis will be a first rounder with a Christian Ponder career.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Young and Stroud are the only two QB's that should be considered for the first round. Next best QB, is a 3rd rounder at best. NFL GMs are notorious for making awful draft picks when it comes to QB, which is why Richardson will be a top 15 pick, and Levis will be a first rounder with a Christian Ponder career.
Levis isn't just going to be a first rounder - he'll go in the top 6. Him and his 23 picks the last two years is supposedly "NFL ready".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator