Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Pretty dumb by AR. He's going to be eaten alive.
As if he wouldn’t have been eaten alive by teams next year when he decided to prove that he’s a pocket passer….again.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Pretty dumb by AR. He's going to be eaten alive.
AR was highlighted all year based on accolades from his performance in beating the Utes in game 1 of the season. All year long he was heralded as a 1st round NFL draft pick based on his "potential".

His perceived "potential" will never be higher than it is now. He'll get drafted much higher than he deserves. He'll get a payday that, if well-invested, will set him up for life. And once they see how slow he reads defenses, how he can't seem to apply touch to his passes, and how he has a knack for getting injured in every game, which always translates into "no more running", he may not even play a single down of pro ball.

But he will get that huge payday and will get to protect his body. If he stays here a year, his draft stock will likely go down and he risks getting injured. Perhaps he's not so dumb after all.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Has he opted out of the bowl game yet?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Honest question. Did you have lunch with @Mr2Bits ?
Seinfeld Soup GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever it’s worth, Mel Kiper only has 3 QB’s with a first round grade - Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and the embarrassing Will Levis. He expects Young to go #1.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
Pro football network has AR as the fifth overall pick

5) Carolina Panthers: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida​

It hasn’t exactly been envious to be a Panthers fan when it comes to seeing their team’s moves at the quarterback position. It has all been about high cost and low upside so far, and I think it’s about time the Panthers’ faithful see their team take a risk that might be worth taking.

Anthony Richardson has the best traits in this draft class for a quarterback. He has a massive arm, great size, can throw with accuracy while threatening with his legs, and has the attitude of a starting QB in a pro league. Sure, the downsides are stark, and you can almost hear the growing pains he’ll have to go through making the leap from the SEC to the NFL. However, the potential payoff is (significantly) higher than “bottom-tier starter,” like what Panthers fans have had to deal with lately.

This might not be a legitimate source for information.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a swipe at a Gator great to me. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but you’re wrong here. He’s still a Gator and always will be. Maybe people should be more careful when they’re walking around a club with a mixed drink in hand.

Responses like this one is why I love chatter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maye isn't formally out there yet, just rumblings. He says he "intends" to come back. His numbers were ridiculous - 4,115 yards, 35 TD's, only 7 picks, and even ran for another 653 yards and 7 TD's. To say he would be a home run is an understatement. He should have been in the Heisman conversation.

McCall doesn't throw as much, but completed nearly 70% of his passes, 24 TD's and only 2 picks. Not a runner.

The last two years, Hartman has thrown for 7,700 yards and 74 TD's. He's also not a runner.

Pratt had a solid year, 64.5% completion, 2,776 yards and 25 TD's with only 5 picks. He can scramble a little, 395 yards and another 10 TD's on the ground.

I really don't like the other D1 guys on the list.
I thought we were both on the reed bandwagon?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Will Levis sh!t the bed over and over and over and over all season, even against bad teams. He's AWFUL. At least AR offers some kid of upside.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Will Levis sh!t the bed over and over and over and over all season, even against bad teams. He's AWFUL. At least AR offers some kid of upside.
Yeah but read your first two sentences again, then tell me how they don't apply to AR. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.