Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

Wonder if this guy said the same about Tebow's accuracy issues?

I always thought his issues were footwork related. And AR may be working as hard as Tebow, but he sure isn't working harder.

For the record, I can't think of a single QB that has questionable accuracy in college succeeding at a high level in the NFL.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like NFL scouts and the media are thinking the same way we all did last year. Many of us, myself included, thought we'd win 10 games because we had the most physically gifted QB in school history (and apparantly combine history). Now there are a lot of reasons why the season didn't go as well as we all thought. Some of the teams that we played were better than we had expected, and we had some flaws (especially on defense) that we hoped a new coaching staff would fix that weren't.

In spite of all that, if Richardson had played like he did against Utah versus everyone else, then we have at least nine wins. We lost games because of his inconsistency and because he would choke under pressure. The NFL doesn't seem to understand what makes the best the best. There are unmeasurable qualities that some guys have that give them a competitive edge and a will to win. Those guys make the plays when it matters most. Thats why Tebow was so good in college, and why he had some NFL success in spite of his flaws. That's why Tom Brady has 7 Superbowl rings even though he doesn't have half the athletic capabilities that Richardson has.

Maybe with time, Richardson will mature and gain some of these intangibles. It's hard to remember that he's still a 20 year old kid who barely played his senior year of high school and only started one year of college ball. But if NFL teams aren't willing or able to be patient with him, then he won't have a long career unless he's willing to change positions. I sincerely hope he does well. While it didn't always translate on the field, he represented the university well overall.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Richardson to Seattle is getting a lot of run based on the Seahawks' #5 position as well as their apparent commitment to sign veteran Geno Smith to an extension. The thinking is Smith could prove to be a valuable mentor.

Whichever team takes AR will need oodles of patience to allow for his rawness, and it could pay off big. The lack of ceiling is what keeps certain teams interested.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
From the article... "During the throwing drills, Richardson had a couple of misfires, but he generally looked the part."

Haven't seen any video of that, and that quote isn't about the deep throws which there is video of.
Missed 2 of 3 out patterns. (from twitter)

I haven't seen any video either.

But sounds right.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Josh Allen​

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
Passing
2015WyomingMWCSOQB24666.7518.58.500138.1
*2016WyomingMWCSOQB1420937356.032038.68.32815144.9
*2017WyomingMWCJRQB1115227056.318126.76.9166127.8
CareerWyoming36564956.250667.87.74421137.7

Allen is a lot like Hurts in that they both committed themselves to be better passing QBs once they landed. If AR does that he’ll do well. If not, he’ll struggle and wash.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Missed 2 of 3 out patterns. (from twitter)

I haven't seen any video either.

But sounds right.
The entire article was a fluff piece with full details and videos of everything... except for that one, stand alone with no other details/explanation, line.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if this guy said the same about Tebow's accuracy issues?

I always thought his issues were footwork related. And AR may be working as hard as Tebow, but he sure isn't working harder.

For the record, I can't think of a single QB that has questionable accuracy in college succeeding at a high level in the NFL.
josh allen's accuracy was awful in college. outside of oklahoma, hurts wasnt much to write home about either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator