Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Raw talent is one thing...leadership which I've never seen from AR is non-existent. Gonna be a bust I'm afraid.
I hate to say but I think I agree with this. Wish him well, he was born gifted. That's a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because it opens doors for him but a curse because he never earned it.

He never had to outwork the competition. I saw a guy game after game get frustrated because he wasn't the all star. I regularly saw him mope to the sidelines and throw a pity party for himself. I saw his teammates try and fail to motivate him time and again.

I saw a guy who doesn't love the game. I saw a guy who practiced pitying himself for a whole year, and practice makes perfect. He even said it himself during post games.

Wish him the best but how do you uncoach that? How do you make the guy love the game? He's amazing when he's up but he's an unmoveable boulder when he's down.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say but I think I agree with this. Wish him well, he was born gifted. That's a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because it opens doors for him but a curse because he never earned it.

He never had to outwork the competition. I saw a guy game after game get frustrated because he wasn't the all star. I regularly saw him mope to the sidelines and throw a pity party for himself. I saw his teammates try and fail to motivate him time and again.

I saw a guy who doesn't love the game. I saw a guy who practiced pitying himself for a whole year, and practice makes perfect. He even said it himself during post games.

Wish him the best but how do you uncoach that? How do you make the guy love the game? He's amazing when he's up but he's an unmoveable boulder when he's down.
dont hold back rev, let it all out :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
josh allen's accuracy was awful in college. outside of oklahoma, hurts wasnt much to write home about either.
A note on Hurts, and I know I'm a broken record here, he gives a lot of credit to Dan Enos for developing him his last year at Bama even though he wasn't starting. He said that the hiring of Enos was a big reason he didn't transfer from Alabama that year and stayed on just to develop. Gary (his brother) said that Hurts almost followed Dan to Miami, but Hurts' dad said no way to that coaching environment, so off to OU he went.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, Anthony Richardson’s hands measured at 10.5”, which is larger than any QB in the entire NFL. He’s the most physically gifted QB I’ve ever seen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Regardless of your feelings about the combine and what it means for future results, all I can see for UF is this can only help. Look we all know that the results on the field and the quality of AR's play did not match his obvious physical abilities or potential. Could have been many reasons such as horrendous coaching (count me in here), mental midget (count me in here also), lack of talent around him (count me in here) and did I mention horrendous coaching?????? Be that as it may if some team wants to shake things up and take AR #1 overall, that is nothing but a positive for UF. Will not change how we feel about the coaching either way, but allows the staff to stick their chest out a bit on the recruiting trail when looking for a QB!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of your feelings about the combine and what it means for future results, all I can see for UF is this can only help. Look we all know that the results on the field and the quality of AR's play did not match his obvious physical abilities or potential. Could have been many reasons such as horrendous coaching (count me in here), mental midget (count me in here also), lack of talent around him (count me in here) and did I mention horrendous coaching?????? Be that as it may if some team wants to shake things up and take AR #1 overall, that is nothing but a positive for UF. Will not change how we feel about the coaching either way, but allows the staff to stick their chest out a bit on the recruiting trail when looking for a QB!
Richardson is also a born and bred Gainesvillian.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get it. What are they going to say? “Hey, we think you’re the most physically gifted quarterback we’ve ever seen….why don’t you come to UF where your skills will not be developed and you’ll lose half the games you play?”

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah I bet Napier is getting his "Come to Florida because I just went 6-7 with the #1 draft pick and most physically gifted QB ever" t shirts printed as we speak.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Hurts is a winner and has more intestinal fortitude in his pinky finger then AR does in his entire body. It'd be great for Richardson and UF for him live up to the hype but I'd bet my left nut otherwise.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what he'll do. I just want some of you to be wrong. :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The NFL loves the combine. If you can kill it there you'll get drafted high. Teams are desperate for the next splash at QB. With the awful QBs taken in the first round throughout the history of the draft, AR will get drafted very high.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A note on Hurts, and I know I'm a broken record here, he gives a lot of credit to Dan Enos for developing him his last year at Bama even though he wasn't starting. He said that the hiring of Enos was a big reason he didn't transfer from Alabama that year and stayed on just to develop. Gary (his brother) said that Hurts almost followed Dan to Miami, but Hurts' dad said no way to that coaching environment, so off to OU he went.
nah, you havent mentioned enos in a while but remember your background with him, and also his track record at previous SEC stops. didnt realize he was coaching hurts as a backup but can definitely buy into that being a factor in his improved play once he started again.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I used to work with a Null, and serious Jimbo nutswinger, who would proudly puff out his chest and bragg that Jimbo had had three straight starting QBs who were first rounders: Ponder, Rapeis, and Manuel. None of them had amounted to very much.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I used to work with a Null, and serious Jimbo nutswinger, who would proudly puff out his chest and bragg that Jimbo had had three straight starting QBs who were first rounders: Ponder, Rapeis, and Manuel. None of them had amounted to very much.
fisher has never produced a single qb worth a cat turd at the next level. and all that were drafted high have been abysmal busts. that's his legacy. snake oil.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
fisher has never produced a single qb worth a cat turd at the next level. and all that were drafted high have been abysmal busts. that's his legacy. snake oil.

Honestly, that’s not his job. His job is to produce wins at the collegiate level. And, of course, to take out the trash on Sunday evenings, which for some reason after road games contain 4 to 5 bottles of Hennessy and a case of Swisher Sweets. But that’s it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
onestly, that’s not his job.
not disagreeing, but he's used his QB at the next level schtick as a job interview positive at every stop, and brought it up in public interviews more times than you can count at this point. He's a typical wet vagina inbred con man. agree about the swishers though, but you forgot about the christmas tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.