Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. But he only had a handful of starts, and he’s only 19 years old.

Also would have loved to see him throwing to better receivers like we have this year (assuming Jean, Wilson and Mizell are as good as we expect)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Also would have loved to see him throwing to better receivers like we have this year (assuming Jean, Wilson and Mizell are as good as we expect)

Also correct. When your best WR is a white kid from Arizona you know it’s trouble. He basically had 3 borderline TE types(XH, JS and JF), only one real TE for half the season, and Pearsall. I still think a lot of his issues were mental and stemmed from his personal camp, but he didn’t have much to work with at WR.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't worry so much about mechanical flaws; they can be improved through coaching and practice. It's the mental toughness that I question. So many plays he got hit and got up slowly, then never played the same the rest of the game - it was a strange and maddening display of watching your passer get suddenly rattled. Then he would crawl up into a ball on the sideline, something you just cannot have out of your QB. Leadership qualities are also a huge question mark. Those cannot be taught.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I don't worry so much about mechanical flaws; they can be improved through coaching and practice. It's the mental toughness that I question. So many plays he got hit and got up slowly, then never played the same the rest of the game - it was a strange and maddening display of watching your passer get suddenly rattled. Then he would crawl up into a ball on the sideline, something you just cannot have out of your QB. Leadership qualities are also a huge question mark. Those cannot be taught.
Then would go into a press conference and talk about how he was going to make defenders feel his 250 pounds.

I agree, it was maddening.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bingo GIF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Anthony gonna have some real money soon. And a chance to be an NFL QB. Imagine being only 19 with a few starts. Played in a completely new offense when he finally got to start. And like was pointed out not a great WR corp. Btw that white boy from Arizona was pretty damned good. Those NFL people see all the film we saw. They dont hire idiots to make all those decisions. Anthony is a humble decent kid. One of our own as I see it from Gville. I hope he sets the fcknnn world on fire. And if he doesnt Im sure its not for lack of effort. And I hope he stays healthy. Dangerous game out there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he only had a handful of starts, and he’s only 19 years old.

Which makes it nearly impossible to determine actual market value. If he comes in with 24-30 college starts instead of one season, you'd know that much better what you were dealing with. The limited experience makes him at once a huge risk and yet worth the price for a quarterback-hungry team looking to mold him, and esp if it already has a veteran signal caller and can patiently develop him over time.

The problem with that, though, is at the high draft position he's likely to go, combined with all the hoopla over the unique physical skills, fans are going to be clamoring to see him get snaps just like they did here. It becomes a Catch-22. You can't give in to that pressure if you're coaching a raw talent like this.

Personally, I think he's made a big mistake declaring early, but I sort of get the rationale. He had to choose between staying at UF under a new coach in a new system or starting all over, which wasn't easy. What would have been ideal is him having another year or two under a great mentor. No offense to Napier, but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate he's capable of that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anthony gonna have some real money soon. And a chance to be an NFL QB. Imagine being only 19 with a few starts. Played in a completely new offense when he finally got to start. And like was pointed out not a great WR corp. Btw that white boy from Arizona was pretty damned good. Those NFL people see all the film we saw. They dont hire idiots to make all those decisions. Anthony is a humble decent kid. One of our own as I see it from Gville. I hope he sets the fcknnn world on fire. And if he doesnt Im sure its not for lack of effort. And I hope he stays healthy. Dangerous game out there.

You’re hammered again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
its better than using that bag with your mom each time...........

You don’t know my mother. But with all due respect, and you know I think highly of you, if you did know her, she’d take one look at your greasy hair, Tom Petty shirt and Satchels bumper sticker and immediately go the other way.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You don’t know my mother. But with all due respect, and you know I think highly of you, if you did know her, she’d take one look at your greasy hair, Tom Petty shirt and Satchels bumper sticker and immediately go the other way.
Im proud of my satchels bumper sticker. All my tshirts are gator orange and blue (I like tommy he is ok) When I was just a young fella my pores poured grease like an old Alabama BBQ smoker. But Im finally drying up a little and wash my luxurious mane EVERYDAY and have since I knew gals liked that hairy look..........I was just teasing about your mom. I can only listen to that spiel about Avon products and her wonderful boy child Sofla and his uber successful carwash in downtown Howie in The Hills so many times.............

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Im proud of my satchels bumper sticker. All my tshirts are gator orange and blue (I like tommy he is ok) When I was just a young fella my pores poured grease like an old Alabama BBQ smoker. But Im finally drying up a little and wash my luxurious mane EVERYDAY and have since I knew gals liked that hairy look..........I was just teasing about your mom. I can only listen to that spiel about Avon products and her wonderful boy child Sofla and his uber successful carwash in downtown Howie in The Hills so many times.............

Maybe your best post ever. I don’t know if it’s the Riverboat Rye hangover, the beautiful spring day, or the high you’re feeling from opening that new tranny school this morning, but it was outstanding.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe your best post ever. I don’t know if it’s the Riverboat Rye hangover, the beautiful spring day, or the high you’re feeling from opening that new tranny school this morning, but it was outstanding.
I don't know why you're busting balls. The dude paid his fifty bills. He bought his ticket to ride. He deserves his turn just like everybody else.

Seems like your mom was on point last night as PE is whistling Dixie this fine morning. She still have that 2 for 1 special going?

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have to say you and pasty have been inspirations and instead of my old homilies and breakfast menus I decided to join the fun.......old dogs can learn new tricks at times.....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What's wrong with Satchels?!?!?!!??!? :dunno:

Actually nothing. The pizza is very good. The Satch Squared sister is some of the best I’ve ever had. Detroit-style ironically. It’s just the bumper stickers that I cannot do. Immediately know this person bathes semi-regularly and has a Ukraine flag in their bio.

More importantly, how about me nailing it with him and the Satchel’s sticker in the first place?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You just nailed the Ukranian flag, (on garage) too. But Shower twice a day without fail. Cleanliness is next to my children in importance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.