Anthony Richardson

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We have a history of guys with big arms and guys with vision. The guys with the arms -- Johnson, Driskel, Brissett, Franks, EJ to a degree -- always seemed to wait until the last minute. The guys with vision -- Wuerffel, Grossman, Trask -- didn't need to rely on arm strength. They got rid of the ball early and let the receiver run to it. Timing. There's a big difference.

The problem with timing is it involves a whole host of motor skills. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to teach. You usually either have it or you don't.

Richardson has a cannon. Can he get the timing thing? I'm not ready to wager on it, but my hands are clasped together.
I was thinking the same thing last night.

This is only ARs 4th start. I'm hoping it's the lack of experience at game speed. It's really difficult to pull in all the field data quickly.

I think it will take several more games before the game slows down for him and he sees the field. If it does ... watch out.( As long as it happens before the buttsniffer game!)

IMHO, It will click for him, eventually. He may be back next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking the same thing last night.

This is only ARs 4th start. I'm hoping it's the lack of experience at game speed. It's really difficult to pull in all the field data quickly.

I think it will take several more games before the game slows down for him and he sees the field. If it does ... watch out.( As long as it happens before the buttsniffer game!)

IMHO, It will click for him, eventually. He may be back next year.
If you watch the film breakdown, for the most past he was reading the field correctly (other than the interceptions). He just wasn't accurate, even with easy throws. Only 3 of his passes were right on target so most of his completions were a little off. Either he choked under pressure and lost his confidence, or there is a space jam like situation happening where little aliens stole his talent.

space jam shrug GIF

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If you watch the film breakdown, for the most past he was reading the field correctly (other than the interceptions). He just wasn't accurate, even with easy throws. Only 3 of his passes were right on target so most of his completions were a little off. Either he choked under pressure and lost his confidence, or there is a space jam like situation happening where little aliens stole his talent.

space jam shrug GIF

It's B.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
AR15 chokes when scouts show up. He supposedly did the same thing when the NFL scouts came to UF in the spring to do evals on players entering the draft. Put him in front of a scout and watch his game turn to complete and utter crap. There were, what, 21 NFL scouts at the Kentucky game? It showed. He needs to quit worrying about the NFL and getting a big payday and just focus on his job. Someone get that kid some mental fortitude in a hurry.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
AR15 chokes when scouts show up. He supposedly did the same thing when the NFL scouts came to UF in the spring to do evals on players entering the draft. Put him in front of a scout and watch his game turn to complete and utter crap. There were, what, 21 NFL scouts at the Kentucky game? It showed. He needs to quit worrying about the NFL and getting a big payday and just focus on his job. Someone get that kid some mental fortitude in a hurry.

If I'm TN, I advertise days in advance that they'll have X number of NFL scouts at the game to eval their QB and WRs.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
A great sports psychologist is worth their weight in gold. One of the greatest UFC fighters of all time, George St. Pierre, invested in one and said that person was the most important person on his team.

Last edited:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A great sports psychologist is worth their weight in gold. One of the greatest UFC fights of all time, George St. Pierre, invested in one and said that person was the most important person on his team.
That's a very good comparison. George St. Pierre possessed all the physical tools to dominate his weight class at the time, but was soft mentally while getting his feet wet in the UFC. Once he fixed that part of his game, he was almost untouchable in his prime.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
AR needed UK to grow. He'll either learn from this or he won't. If he wants the NFL, this may have been a good lesson.

His trainer thinks we shouldn't panic yet.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
More importantly, Timmy could make that promise because he had the Pouncey’s, Trautwein, C. Johnson, and Watkins protecting him, with Harvin. Hernandez and Murphy and Cooper stretching defenses….and on D there was Cohen, Howard, Dunlap, Spikes, Doe, McCray, Black, Jenkins, and Haden. I’m probably leaving some great out!

That’s not what AR has to work with cause of dufus Dan?!?!
Preach!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably think the scouts left disappointed on both fronts, AR obviously and Levis. They were there to see both. IMO at this point neither are worthy of that type of attention at this point.

AR will be having his 4th start this Saturday. One thing that many have alluded to about Wuerffel, Tebow. They both had head coaches and somewhat different. Spurrier had DW in there and would pull him. It was Dean, Wuerffel, Wuerffel, Dean and so on. Then Urbs had Tebow and made sure he got valuable playing time. Then we all know the '07 season. Point being, they got some serious PT before it was all on them. '07 it was on TT but he actaully did well and won the He15man. And even Spurrier had better options for a backup if things went bad. This directly points to Mullett. He knew what he had in AR and totally shyt the bed with his attitude and he did not prep AR as he should. We all knew AR would be a better option than EJ. Richardson just needs some time to grow and more significantly, Playing Time.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry guys but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. A number of people are saying, and rightfully so, that this was AR's 3,4,5th start. That is true. But it's not the first time he played football. Trask didn't play in years and came out like Wild Thing at the end of Major League when he got glasses.

I'm a bit more concerned with his maturity and mental space because clearly he's a great athlete. Im hoping this was a one off but I'm a bit concerned because this isn't some walk on at his first big game. Fingers crossed it's just a learning experience!

I'm hoping for big things tomorrow, it's only up from here!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry guys but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. A number of people are saying, and rightfully so, that this was AR's 3,4,5th start. That is true. But it's not the first time he played football. Trask didn't play in years and came out like Wild Thing at the end of Major League when he got glasses.

I'm a bit more concerned with his maturity and mental space because clearly he's a great athlete. Im hoping this was a one off but I'm a bit concerned because this isn't some walk on at his first big game. Fingers crossed it's just a learning experience!

100% agree

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

This.

I’ll add to it that he’s been on campus for three years now. Granted, two completely different head coaches, but that’s beside the point.

Bryce Young had a rather shytty game last week, too. The difference being that when he had the opportunity to go win the game for Bama, he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.