Anyone else think the Gators could use a logo refresh?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While the current logo is okay, I was never that impressed with it, even when it came out 20 years ago or so. I think it's looking dated and could probably be given a sleeker look.

Anyone else agree or am I alone on this?

Discuss.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's my opinion, based on experience, that the more we update/change things, the worse they get. So while I agree that it could probably use some upgrades, I'm quite certain we'd screw it up.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While the current logo is okay, I was never that impressed with it, even when it came out 20 years ago or so. I think it's looking dated and could probably be given a sleeker look.

Anyone else agree or am I alone on this?

Discuss.

Which logo are you specifically referring to?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Which logo are you specifically referring to?
That is my question. What logo? If we are talking about the "Gators" script that is BNAs avatar, then HELL TO THE NO!!!

The gators script, and it being on our helmets is AWESOME. I also love the gator head, think its timeless, classic and yet modern looking.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
It's my opinion, based on experience, that the more we update/change things, the worse they get. So while I agree that it could probably use some upgrades, I'm quite certain we'd screw it up.

What he said...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like the old, and the relatively new. No need to change. :proud:
uf-albert.jpg

4278371393_a04b4eec80.jpg

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
never liked the Gator in the turtleneck sweater and the current logo has become easy to see and spot. Would not change it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fine with the current script on the helmets and the Gator head. Maybe it's just me, but when I think of logo changes, the new F$U Indian head comes to mind. I wouldn't want to risk a screw up like that. The thing makes me think of what Jim Nabors' expression was probably like the first time he saw Rock Hudson naked. Fitting.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think we should try some new branding but keep the script.

Personally I think we should include it in alternate uni's....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not the script, you dummies. I like the helmets they way they are. I'm talking about the Gator head logo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the the head logo in Bart's post looks 100x better than what you ever see. A lot of that has to do with the color and shading in his logo which is never seen in any marketing.

I think the typical head logo looks a little soft, even cartoonish. I think it could look meaner and I'd LOVE to see the head logo used on the helmet. Both sides at the same time.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I was at UF during the last change. I love the old logo and we were pretty nervous what was going to come out of it all. It ended well that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator