Anyone else think the Gators could use a logo refresh?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If we enforced that rule, there wouldn't be any posters left.
Nav brother, I haven't mentioned it yet but I'm damned glad you're back....Ox should know better than anyone that I'm busting his balls but it's kinda fun f vcking with him when he's butthurt about a thread he started :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How many NC's has UF won since the Gator head logo came out?...How many SEC titles? Leave it alone....USC doesn't change the Trojan, OU doesn't change the OU, Michigan doesn't change whatever the hell those stripes are on the helmets, Penn State doesn't put cute little Lions on their uniforms or helmets, Bama doesn't change the Elephants trunk or put anything besides numbers on their helmets...leave well enough alone.
You still didn't answer the question. What was your reaction in the 90's when that Gator head was introduced? Please be honest.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought is was chic :cool: still do actually... a family friendly Gator capable of a nasty bite! :lol:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently the logo just changed in 2013 lmao.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/675/Florida_Gators/

be5cf8elejg8ha3fsgfo6gis2.gif
67570762013.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, they did remove the light green under the chin.

I love the people claiming they want to stick with the classic midget leauge-looking "Gators" script--saving money with one color!!!!---that isn't classic at all, and would be pissed if we returned to the classic Gator helmets, because we don't change like Oregon or whatever the lame argument is.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You still didn't answer the question. What was your reaction in the 90's when that Gator head was introduced? Please be honest.
I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And if you must know I like almost all of UF's logo's other than the goofy older Albert's.....That's kinda the cool thing about UF from a fans pov, or at least to me.
If it's just for the sake of marketing just bring back an older one for a while. But please don't touch the uni's, it's bad luck man!!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's grown on me but I didn't care for it much at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator