Arizona 31, Oregon 24

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my point: Oregon is an excellent team and should be the favorite for the NC game. But they are far from unbeatable.

Those pointing to the thrashing that they gave FSU aren't seeing the big picture. FSU had NO BUSINESS in the playoff. Period. They were not anywhere close to a dominant team this year. Had TCU rightfully been in their place, they may very well have beaten the Ducks. In fact, I think they probably would have.

I see a very close game that could go either way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I lean to Oregon winning but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ohio State did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean if Baylor were declared the rightful one true champion for beating TCU head to head.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Posu wins this but hope like hell that Oregon blows them out 2006 style

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Ole Miss 31 Florida 30

We all asked how the heck we lost that game too. Our championship season went much like Oregon's has this year. Lose an inexplicable game, then killed the rest of our opponents.

Everyone is pointing to "Meyer will have them ready." But do you not think the Ducks are tired of hearing the label "Choke?" I don't think they could have a bigger chip on their shoulder. Mariota is going to have a field day against OSU's D

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n147205 said:
Mariota is going to have a field day against OSU's D
Lot of nutswinging, there. :nutswinger:

I have a feeling he's going to wet the bed.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More Meyer nut-swinging from Ox. Shocking! :dance:

Actually, I agree this game'll be close. Oregon is beatable as evidenced by the fact that, well, they've been beaten already. Meyer has proven himself to be an excellent big game coach and will have his team ready to play. Hopefully for the Bucknut Nation, his game prep will include his players leaving their guns and knives back in their dorm rooms in Columbus.

Still, I have to believe the Bucknut QB has some mistakes in him and on the biggest stage is where he'll make them. This'll be very close into the 4th quarter where Oregon will put them away.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n147222 said:
More Meyer nut-swinging from Ox. Shocking! :dance:

Actually, I agree this game'll be close. Oregon is beatable as evidenced by the fact that, well, they've been beaten already. Meyer has proven himself to be an excellent big game coach and will have his team ready to play. Hopefully for the Bucknut Nation, his game prep will include his players leaving their guns and knives back in their dorm rooms in Columbus.

Still, I have to believe the Bucknut QB has some mistakes in him and on the biggest stage is where he'll make them. This'll be very close into the 4th quarter where Oregon will put them away.
So if (when) Urbs hoists that trophy, what form of suicide will you choose?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Leyer had the extra two weeks to prep for the Ducks, then yes, an upset could take place. Frankly, UO played like **** in that first half against FSU, or they would have put 70 up on them.

pOSU forced Sims into three picks and several poor throws....that won't happen against Mariota.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just looking forward to the game...the one that Bama and the Semis will be watching on TV with the rest of us. :lol:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n147227 said:
So if (when) Urbs hoists that trophy, what form of suicide will you choose?

Some method that allows for me to drift off to sleep and awaken with 72 hot virgins and maybe 3 seasoned pros would be nice...

Honestly, I don't care about him one way or the other. I find my vitriol for him has largely dissipated since the arrival of Big Mac. Would I cry if he were hit by a bus? No. Do I pray for that to happen anymore? Also no.

All that said, I'd rather not see any of those arrogant B1G SOBs ever win anything again. That, plus my rapidly dwindling antipathy for Urbs means I will be rooting for the Ducks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I completely understand not wanting to see Ohio State win it all. Oregon is certainly the lesser of two evils. But they've never been able to get over the hump. Should be an interesting game.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why we should be pro-Duck......

oregoncheerleaders.jpg

Oregon-Cheerleaders-hot.jpg

oregon_cheerleaders.jpg

oregon-cheerleaders-lake-photos-1.jpg

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I look for Oregon to run them out of the building like they did FSU... OSU may have some athletes, but Oregon is disciplined and VERY adept at the fast pace...

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
Every team has been beatable this year. Meyer's experience gives him a definitive edge. However, Mariota's experience also gives him an edge over that very good but very young freshman QB. I fully expect it to be a very entertaining game that could go either way.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This pains me, but OSU has the advantage in this game, by a long shot. I think the score will be close, but Urban has adapted to extreme situations this season and has not only won, but has beaten the piss out of solid football teams. Oregon is a one trick pony and if any coach will be able to slow down their offense, it's Urban. I think Oregon has a mediocre defense at best which OSU will have little trouble exploiting.

FSU was a truly pathetic football team this year and was trading punch for punch with Oregon. If it wasn't for a flurry of turnovers, the Rose Bowl would've had a much different outcome. OSU wins this one :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.