Arizona 31, Oregon 24

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
GatorJB;n147469 said:
There's no reason to put too much into Oregon's one loss since they later beat Arizona 51-13. I'm not disagreeing with the notion that Oregon is beatable. I just think they are the most difficult team in the country to beat. Since that loss, Oregon has beaten everybody by 3 scores or more (usually a lot more).

I don't think this game will be a blowout, but I do think Oregon wins. They have the veteran QB, the best offense in the country, and their defense has been really good in their last 4 games. I think Ohio St is a solid team that will make it close(ish), but Urban doesn't have the defense that he had here in 08.

Sound familiar? *cough* 08 Gators *cough*

claybmt

Sep 15, 2014
I really want Oregon to win, but Meyer has a way of pulling these games out. Florida fans were about the only ones who thought the Gators had a chance against pOSU and a lot of people doubted that Florida had the horses to outscore the OU juggernaut in '08 yet we did. Now Urbs is in that situation again with many people not giving pOSU a chance. As much as I want the buckeyes to lose, I just don't think I'd bet against them.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3rd string QB..........

Use your head!!!!!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Not having seen the loss I don't know how they performed. We almost beat FSU at their place so that might say something about their capability. As much as some might not like Urban or hate OSU never count him out.

That said i take the Oregon Ducks to win.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
[youtube]xAsbMv9d7Cg&spfreload=10[/youtube]

This game between Ohio State and Oregon reminds me of when the Rose Bowl for many years had a contract to take the Big Ten Champion and match them against the Pacific Eight (later Pac Ten) Champion. It seems like Woody Hayes would take his three yards and a cloud of dust outfit out to Pasedena and get the snot beat out of him by some blond surfer boys like Pat Haden and J.K. McKay from Southern California. Urban Meyer's hero is Woody Hayes.

But history doesn't always repeat itself. I think most people think Oregon is way better than Ohio State because of the way they handled FSU. That game is over. You are only as good as your last game. I see Urban Meyer and the dorks from Ohio beating the Ducks. Meyer went a long way from getting the Saban monkey off his back with the win over Alabama. If he can beat Oregon, then I think Urban Meyer moves to the top, certainly near the top, of the list of the best college football coach.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Don't count Meyer out. If it comes down to coaching, Meyer will carry the day.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n147445 said:
I rag on him a little myself but give him credit for what he did but you do see a lot of it here because of how he left the program.

Exactly. I don't hate Urb's but you are correct. He deserves a lot of credit for what he did at UF....from beginning to the END!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
claybmt;n147513 said:
I really want Oregon to win, but Meyer has a way of pulling these games out. Florida fans were about the only ones who thought the Gators had a chance against pOSU and a lot of people doubted that Florida had the horses to outscore the OU juggernaut in '08 yet we did. Now Urbs is in that situation again with many people not giving pOSU a chance. As much as I want the buckeyes to lose, I just don't think I'd bet against them.

A lot of media personal were calling for the Gator victory due to the speed of our defensive line, especially in early January that year after watching more tape of our team. ESPN was the one saying how we didn't have a chance. Not many people doubted we would lose to OU, Vegas at the game at Florida by 5.5. So how was it doubted we would keep up against OU?

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
oxrageous;n147311 said:
The thread was about Oregon supposedly being unbeatable. Nobody claimed OSU was unbeatable.

Well I must have missed where everyone is saying Oregon is unbeatable. I was really just going for a harmless snarky retort to your first post. Otherwise I completely agree with you that this will be a very good game that could go either way.

I will add though that I have been rooting for the ducks for the last 15 years or so and they are my second favorite team. I have watched all of their games and this is not the same soft, sieve like defensive team they have had in the past. They are on the small side, but fast, and aggressive. Unfortunately they have lost a few key players that have noticeably affected their defensive play over the last few games of the season.

Also, their lone loss happened after they stopped Arizona with about a minute left on 4th down. The defender that stopped the play ran over to the opposing bench and bowed after the play, resulting in a personal foul and a first and goal for Arizona. Arizona then scored the go ahead touchdown with seconds left on the clock. Your point still stands that they are beatable, but if not for that insanely boneheaded move by the defender, they would be unbeaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.