Arizona 31, Oregon 24

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given the history of Heisman winning QBs in the title game, look for OSU to make Mariota look pedestrian. Regardless, I'm still picking, and rooting for, Oregon.
Wuerffel was one of the exceptions, thankfully.

Attachments

• conv_1874.gif
    conv_1874.gif
    3 MB · Views: 35

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n147227 said:
So if (when) Urbs hoists that trophy, what form of suicide will you choose?

I'm going to light myself on fire, jump off a tall building into a shallow pool full of jellyfish and sharks.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Zambo;n147379 said:
I'm going to light myself on fire, jump off a tall building into a shallow pool full of jellyfish and sharks.

Doesn't count unless the shraks have fricken laser beams on their heads.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_1876.jpg
    conv_1876.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ohio state is going to march up and down the field. They freaking moved the ball like they was playing against air when they played bama. Not only does Ohio state have better athletes , they have a coach who's damn near unbeatable with this much time to prepare. I'm not buying the Oregon hype, fsu had no bussiness being in that game. Not to mention they gave up the ball I don't know how many times. Urbs might hang 60 on Oregon.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n147277 said:
This pains me, but OSU has the advantage in this game, by a long shot. I think the score will be close, but Urban has adapted to extreme situations this season and has not only won, but has beaten the piss out of solid football teams. Oregon is a one trick pony and if any coach will be able to slow down their offense, it's Urban. I think Oregon has a mediocre defense at best which OSU will have little trouble exploiting.

FSU was a truly pathetic football team this year and was trading punch for punch with Oregon. If it wasn't for a flurry of turnovers, the Rose Bowl would've had a much different outcome. OSU wins this one :puke:

What game were you watching?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n147389 said:
Ohio state is going to march up and down the field. They freaking moved the ball like they was playing against air when they played bama. Not only does Ohio state have better athletes , they have a coach who's damn near unbeatable with this much time to prepare. I'm not buying the Oregon hype, fsu had no bussiness being in that game. Not to mention they gave up the ball I don't know how many times. Urbs might hang 60 on Oregon.

Huh? OSU has better athletes than Oregon? Debatable to say the least.
What? "this much time to prepare?" Its a week.
Riiiight. 60? So you are saying Oregon wasn't responsible for any of those turnovers and they have no defense, because Ohio State hasn't put up 60 on a real team in a long, long time.

Did you even think when you were typing this or do you really love Urban that much?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n147307 said:
kabooyow.gif

That's gotta be here in Atlanta. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n147409 said:
Huh? OSU has better athletes than Oregon? Debatable to say the least.
What? "this much time to prepare?" Its a week.
Riiiight. 60? So you are saying Oregon wasn't responsible for any of those turnovers and they have no defense, because Ohio State hasn't put up 60 on a real team in a long, long time.

Did you even think when you were typing this or do you really love Urban that much?
Why don't you check recruiting rankings to see who has better athletes. And yes most of those fumbles were from soft hits. And the jamies fumble was definitely unforced. And they just put damn near 60 on Wisconsin. They aren't exactly a bad ball team, just ask auburn. I don't care for urban at all but I'm not going to let my hatred blind me.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I look at what happens on the field to see that thank you. Oregon has to have great athletes to run their fast paced offense. They have most teams huffing on the sidelines with hands on their hips by the 2nd qtr. Wisconsin laid an egg. I'd like to see them play again. bet it'd be much closer. I'm still looking for where you are getting time to prepare as an advantage. He's had a week. That's like being in the regular season. I'd also like to point to the huge advantage that Oregon has at QB

Everyone is scoffing at how much some of us are making Oregon look unbeatable, when I see far more of that from the people that think OSU is going to win. Reading this board, you'd think OSU is the best team ever.

For the record, I already think Urban deserves coach of the year. His team is just about to run into a buzzsaw.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll have a week and a half a little bit longer than a regular season game. And why in the hell would wiscy lay an egg in the conference championship?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n147435 said:
He'll have a week and a half a little bit longer than a regular season game. And why in the hell would wiscy lay an egg in the conference championship?

Oooooo a week and a half. That's a ton of time for him to prepare for an offense that his team has never played the likes of. lol. Keep trying. OSU is going to get rocked.

I'll say it again, people here are making OSU out to be unbeatable far more than those that support Oregon. I'm rather shocked at how many people think OSU is that great a team to tell you the truth

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of Meyer bashing I never realized Danny Sheridan hated him so bad. Said he wasn't even a top 25 coach and tried to claim he won't do good once all his own recruits are starting. Contradicted himself a lot.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I really don't see Meyer bashing in this thread. Saying OSU is going to lose is Meyer bashing? Also, since when did not liking Meyer become a bad label?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Born, just make sure you're on the game thread so I can say I told you so .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n147441 said:
I really don't see Meyer bashing in this thread. Saying OSU is going to lose is Meyer bashing? Also, since when did not liking Meyer become a bad label?

I rag on him a little myself but give him credit for what he did but you do see a lot of it here because of how he left the program.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Gator Fever;n147445 said:
I rag on him a little myself but give him credit for what he did but you do see a lot of it here because of how he left the program.

Well deserved imo. But I'm not one of those people that hate the guy. If OSU wins, I'll be one of the first to say what a great job he did. He'll need it to beat this Oregon team.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's no reason to put too much into Oregon's one loss since they later beat Arizona 51-13. I'm not disagreeing with the notion that Oregon is beatable. I just think they are the most difficult team in the country to beat. Since that loss, Oregon has beaten everybody by 3 scores or more (usually a lot more).

I don't think this game will be a blowout, but I do think Oregon wins. They have the veteran QB, the best offense in the country, and their defense has been really good in their last 4 games. I think Ohio St is a solid team that will make it close(ish), but Urban doesn't have the defense that he had here in 08.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.