Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No sir. I am THRILLED beyond belief that he's gone. Hopefully he stays gone. If it comes out that Napier pushed him out, then I'll absolutely bust a nut.
There's no way Napier didn't push him out. He's a 33 y/o DC at an SEC school and he's going to take an assistant LB coach job in the NFL. The Cardinals aren't paying their assistant LB coaches $1mil/year. This is a step down for Toney (he never should have been given the job in the first place). The new hire (Armstrong) is another LB's coach - I wonder if he'll coach the safties.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It’s hard to believe that he’d have been able to right the ship this upcoming season, so that would’ve put Napier in a bad spot. Probably best for all parties.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
- I wonder if he'll coach the safties.
I hope not. Just have him stay at linebacker. Switch Peterson to ST. He hasn’t been stellar coaching OLB and his recruiting is ehhh. But I think we have to keep him. He’s a legacy.

Put Raymond on CB and Safeties.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good riddance. Toney never should have been hired in the first place. A 33 y/o wet-behind-the-ears DC from the Sun Belt handed the keys to the defense of a program that should be competing for SEC and National Championships? I guess the only thing smarter to do is roll the dice on a 29 y/o DC from the Sun Belt and hope for different results :dunno:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Armstrong -

He started rising as a coach during two years as a defensive graduate assistant for the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns in 2017 and 2018.

Armstrong helped former Saban assistant Billy Napier take Louisiana to a share of the Sun Belt West Division title in 2018.

The Ragin’ Cajuns made it to the Sun Belt Championship Game in Napier’s first season. Armstrong assisted the team to a berth in the AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando, Fla. He decided to learn from another former Saban assistant in 2019 as Armstrong took his talents to the University of Georgia and learned under Kirby Smart as a defensive quality control coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.