Article on Muschamps last drive... LOL

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The comments are gold because that was us just 5 short years ago or so. I don't think that clown has changed, adapted, or improved as a coach in 10 years. He's exactly the same guy.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
This interview is too true to be funny. Except Jeff is getting paid the same money in the NFL to warm pine.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The comments are gold because that was us just 5 short years ago or so. I don't think that clown has changed, adapted, or improved as a coach in 10 years. He's exactly the same guy.

This may sound like I’m defending him, but why exactly would he have changed or adapted. This isn’t a normal profession where success is rewarded and failure is unacceptable. Not only has he been hired by two SEC programs(one major) and given millions, he also had each of them stepping all over themselves afraid for their lives that he may take his disaster show elsewhere and therefore gave him raises and extensions. I think it’s pretty clear that I don’t like him. But as I said, why would he think he should change anything when his current brand of sucktitude has earned him roughly 40 mil? He’d be foolish to change as long as there are monkeys out there willing to pay.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I get what he is thinking. The first TD is the most important thing. he can't afford not to score on that drive because he won't have any time left if we get a couple of first downs.

The problem with that is with 7+ minutes to go, he needs to score with about 4 minutes left and then kick it off and hope your defense doesn't give up a first down.

That drive was way worse than I initially remember. If I am the QB, I just call my own **** and live with the result. The way Chump played it, he had to have recovered the onside kick. Since he has played it this way everywhere he has been a HC, I can only guess it is him and not the OC doing this ****. No way in hell I would ruin my career as an OC for that dumbass.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Honestly ... it might have been the only way he wins. Eat the clock while scoring the TD, get the onside kick then get the go ahead score with no time left on the clock. Keeping our O on the sidelines was his only chance imo.

Noooo dude. You use 7 minutes to go 70 yards so that you have a 5-10 percent chance of getting the onside kick and then only have 50 seconds to drive 60 yards?

If you were trying to make it so no time is on the clock why you use all the time on the clock instead of burning it if you need to on the 2nd drive? If you are down a touchdown and trying to make it so the other team can't come back and score to win, fine. You never try to shorten the game when you are losing by more than one score. The math just doesn't add up. Ever.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not surprised that Neteng still thinks Chump is a good coach.

He hung in like a....well.... champ with the last two garbage coaches.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Noooo dude. You use 7 minutes to go 70 yards so that you have a 5-10 percent chance of getting the onside kick and then only have 50 seconds to drive 60 yards?

If you were trying to make it so no time is on the clock why you use all the time on the clock instead of burning it if you need to on the 2nd drive? If you are down a touchdown and trying to make it so the other team can't come back and score to win, fine. You never try to shorten the game when you are losing by more than one score. The math just doesn't add up. Ever.

What happened when we got the football back?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Im not surprised that Neteng still thinks Chump is a good coach.

Put that aside. Down 14 points, but two touchdowns wins it?

Look, we all love Neteng. He’s like family, and he clearly needs us right now. I’m just worried that we spent so much getting Uncle Rob treatment, that there won’t be anything left over for him.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
What happened when we got the football back?

What happened? The game was over and all we had to do was take a knee because they just used up 7 minutes of the final 8? I feel like that just proves my point.

If they had reversed their strategy, trying to score in 50 seconds instead of 7 minutes, then we get the ball with 7 minutes on the clock, and they STILL have a chance to come back.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What happened? The game was over and all we had to do was take a knee because they just used up 7 minutes of the final 8? I feel like that just proves my point.

If they had reversed their strategy, trying to score in 50 seconds instead of 7 minutes, then we get the ball with 7 minutes on the clock, and they STILL have a chance to come back.

Look ... I was yelling at the tv the entire game because our D sucks ballz. They lost the game when they stopped attacking our middle and kept going at the perimeter like morons. Dont know if that was bobo or chump but what happened in the last part of that game is kinda irrelevant. SC fans seem just as dumb as chump with the amount of attention their giving to that last drive. It started in the first half not with 7 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. Our D sucks but our O is VERY good. Any plan that keeps the ball away from our O is about the only plan that wins the game. Do I think that was their plan? No. Is that about the only way he could luck into a win? Probably yes. Eat the clock while scoring a TD, get the onsides, then tie it up. Our D sucks.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Look ... I was yelling at the tv the entire game because our D sucks ballz. They lost the game when they stopped attacking our middle and kept going at the perimeter like morons. Dont know if that was bobo or chump but what happened in the last part of that game is kinda irrelevant. SC fans seem just as dumb as chump with the amount of attention their giving to that last drive. It started in the first half not with 7 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. Our D sucks but our O is VERY good. Any plan that keeps the ball away from our O is about the only plan that wins the game. Do I think that was their plan? No. Is that about the only way he could luck into a win? Probably yes. Eat the clock while scoring a TD, get the onsides, then tie it up. Our D sucks.

Well I'm just glad we can agree that our defense is not up to standard.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
neteng is still defending Chimp after all these years? He absolutely loved that guy.

We definitely disagree, but I've always respected his passion on the subject.

chimpanzee-arm-tattoo-design-2CRuq.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The way Chump played it, he had to have recovered the onside kick. Since he has played it this way everywhere he has been a HC, I can only guess it is him and not the OC doing this ****. No way in hell I would ruin my career as an OC for that dumbass.
I wasn't aware there were a lot of suitors for Mike Bobo.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
What's truly sad is that he will get paid more for doing a ****ty job and getting fired than most of us will ever make in our entire lifetimes. Rewarding incompetence that well is mind boggling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What's truly sad is that he will get paid more for doing a ****ty job and getting fired than most of us will ever make in our entire lifetimes. Rewarding incompetence that well is mind boggling.
When he gets fired, he'll either be able to get an immediate head coaching job at a smaller school or a big-money DC job at a big school. He won't be unemployed for 30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.