Atlanta Falcons choose Raheem Morris; Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have this fantasy of Kyle Pitts getting to play with Patrick Mahomes. Can you imagine?

Caleb Williams after the Bears deal Fields to his hometown Falcons. That actually could happen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have this fantasy of Kyle Pitts getting to play with Patrick Mahomes. Can you imagine?
How long does Kelce have last? One or two years? He’s be a perfect segue.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's kind of a bad GM

When a coach says he wants GM authority, I've come to realize he really only wants final say-so on personnel. He's more than happy to delegate the legwork to someone else.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Adam Schefter reports some sort of arrangement whereby Belichick would could become coach of the Chiefs if Reid retires.

9178fcb114bfd09d2be6d1770c23a0a4.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Adam Schefter reports some sort of arrangement whereby Belichick would could become coach of the Chiefs if Reid retires.

9178fcb114bfd09d2be6d1770c23a0a4.jpg
I don’t think Reid is retiring. Why would he? He can get multiple Super Bowls out of Mahomes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think Reid is retiring. Why would he? He can get multiple Super Bowls out of Mahomes.

Might be WHEN Reid retires. Course, Belichick could be dead of old age by then.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After having a few days to ponder this hire... I think RM will do a good job in Atlanta. I think he has matured and grown over his Bad Buc experience. I wouldn't be surprised if ATL goes on a tear and wins the NFCS for 2 or 3 years..... BUT, I won't go so far as to see a Super Bowl in the Cards!

Winning the South is more about how weak the South is rather than how good the winner is. ie: the Buc's!:whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
After having a few days to ponder this hire... I think RM will do a good job in Atlanta. I think he has matured and grown over his Bad Buc experience. I wouldn't be surprised if ATL goes on a tear and wins the NFCS for 2 or 3 years..... BUT, I won't go so far as to see a Super Bowl in the Cards!

Winning the South is more about how weak the South is rather than how good the winner is. ie: the Buc's!

I remember my first PCP hit.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When a coach says he wants GM authority, I've come to realize he really only wants final say-so on personnel. He's more than happy to delegate the legwork to someone else.
Belichik has been less than mediocre without Brady.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Look, a dead body is an upgrade over Arthur Smith. Who drafts a TE and a RB in the first round and then puts them in a 50/50 timeshare with the lackluster backup at their position?

Meanwhile, Blank, another Arthur(maybe the only 2 in the world?), fires Smith because the offense sucked. And despite a bevy of bright offensive coordinators hungry for an opportunity at his disposal, he somehow manages to pull a Homer Simpson moment, and settles on a defensive coordinator who already failed once as a head coach primarily because his offense sucked. Doh! :headslap:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Belichik has been less than mediocre without Brady.

Parcells and Belichick were for a while attached at the hip with Belichick timing his every move to coincide with what Parcells did. That provided the necessary cover to further the notion that Belichick was a genius of his own. It left out a key ingredient: He wasn't very good at managing an offense on his own.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who drafts a TE and a RB in the first round and then puts them in a 50/50 timeshare with the lackluster backup at their position?
Yeah, I've had a lot of conversations about this idiocy. Let's make Pitts the highest drafted TE in NFL history, and then not throw to him. And then, let's reach for a RB in the top 10, and put him on the bench for half the game. I've never seen such a waste of talent on that Falcons offense.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
FWIW. I listened to a couple of insiders on local radio and the thought is that Arthur Blank listened to his people and they convinced him that the BB style of coaching (negative reinforcement) would not work with today's player. This isn't to mention that BB apparently told Arthur Blank he wanted total and complete control of the organization.

Getting back to RM. I don't there are many Falcons fans who love this hire but he's a known commodity to the folks in Flowery Branch. They believe that he wasn't ready when took the Bucs job @ 32 and in the past 15 years he's grown as a leader that has been a part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams.
Morris is a complete joke. I'm glad our rival got him

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.