Auburn collapse imminent

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n225543 said:
Muschamp was a memorable coach. I hope everyone has now learned what a 'midline' is. I also thought irt was pretty bad when someone brought up the fact that the Gators commit a lot of penalties and his response was to say that UF committed a lot of penalties before he came, which gave the impression that this was a problem that was out of his control. One thing I will look for this season is whether the Gators improve in that area. It's one thing to have a lot of penalties, a lot of good teams get flagged a lot for being aggressive, but it's quie another to get a lot of stupid penalties, and UF get a lot of stupid penalties. I think Humphries was called for a false start two or three times in a row in a game in 2013, that's when he was benched and magically developed an "injury" that kept him there the rest of the year. UF also needs to stop talking so much, they talk even when they are getting their butts kicked. One great example of how stupid players are is when latroy Pittman decided to run his mouth in the FSU game last year at a critical time, and wouldn't even shut up when he went to the sideline. McElwain needs to get a handle on that type of behavior, and hopefully, we won't see a UF player spit on someone, like Ronald Powell did in the future.

You're a troll and I usually don't even bother reading your posts, but I honestly can't argue with much you said here...for once.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225563 said:
Let me start by saying I'm ok with Mac and and hopeful about the future with him. But that rebuilding that you mention would've looked a lot different had the right decision been made that afternoon. A guy like Franklin could've stepped in right away and stopped some of the bleeding that we've seen in recruiting, largely to our rivals in Tally. In short, I think we'd already be on the right path instead of hoping we've hit bottom and beginning the turn around.

That day still pisses me off.

This.

I have to believe that the ridiculous buyout was the deciding factor...until it wasn't.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget, GSU was playing hurt as well, their QB was in a boot all week and didn't practice.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225569 said:
Franklin would've had us rolling immediately, imo.

Maybe, but at what price? The guy lied and covered up a gang rape at Vandy. He actually contacted the f'n victim, for godsake. While I agree that that kind of behavior is probably better than the cover up of little boy rapes, and therefore considered an improvement at Pedo State U, it's hardly something we want around here. He's a modern, hipper version of Tom Osborne, and probably the sleaziest guy in CFB.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
soflagator;n225562 said:
^^
barney-kid-o.gif
You can see into the future?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
soflagator;n225569 said:
Franklin would've had us rolling immediately, imo. Strong would've been the popular call, but I think JF is a better fit and more proven.
Has P State improved?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell do they have a picture of the Moron in Gator gear for the article?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
PastyStoole;n225691 said:
Maybe, but at what price? The guy lied and covered up a gang rape at Vandy. He actually contacted the f'n victim, for godsake. While I agree that that kind of behavior is probably better than the cover up of little boy rapes, and therefore considered an improvement at Pedo State U, it's hardly something we want around here. He's a modern, hipper version of Tom Osborne, and probably the sleaziest guy in CFB.

I don't know all the details on that situation. But I don't think it's been proven that he lied and covered up the investigation. If so, then I change my opinion entirely. He seems to have a tremendous reputation within CFB, and is very much respected by Foley. I can't imagine that would be the case it was widely accepted that he did that while at VU. But again, I'm not well versed on the subject.

In that case, substitute Strong and I think we'd still be in better shape. I'm not down on Mac at all, and would've been fine with him that afternoon also. My issue was, and still is, letting it get to the low that it did. And I think one of those big names would've stopped the erosion we saw in recruiting and we'd be in better shape. That year could end up costing us 4-5.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225563 said:
Let me start by saying I'm ok with Mac and and hopeful about the future with him. But that rebuilding that you mention would've looked a lot different had the right decision been made that afternoon. A guy like Franklin could've stepped in right away and stopped some of the bleeding that we've seen in recruiting, largely to our rivals in Tally. In short, I think we'd already be on the right path instead of hoping we've hit bottom and beginning the turn around.

That day still pisses me off.
I agree about Franklin 100percent. As far as that day goes, muschamp should have been fired that afternoon to make a statement. Keeping muschamp another year was the biggest slap in the face to gator fan by Foley. The most embarrassing day in gator athletics . That day will be ammunition for rival fans forever. Changed the whole perception of the program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n225770 said:
War Damn Dumpster Fire
:rotfl:
The Dwags are probably quite happy that Agent M has now begun his destruction of their other rival for the second time. I'm not sure that Malzahn will give him the rope that Tuberville did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225754 said:
My issue was, and still is, letting it get to the low that it did. And I think one of those big names would've stopped the erosion we saw in recruiting and we'd be in better shape. That year could end up costing us 4-5.
I'm at a complete loss to understand how this decision was made.There is no logical explanation unless we are just totally broke and the books have all been cooked to show otherwise.

I agree. We are probably 4 years away now. I never imagined us falling to the bottom of the SEC, while the AD stood by and smiled, proclaiming he liked the direction of the program. Kintucky and Eastern Carolina aren't givens anymore.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n225543 said:
Muschamp was a memorable coach. I hope everyone has now learned what a 'midline' is. I also thought irt was pretty bad when someone brought up the fact that the Gators commit a lot of penalties and his response was to say that UF committed a lot of penalties before he came, which gave the impression that this was a problem that was out of his control. One thing I will look for this season is whether the Gators improve in that area. It's one thing to have a lot of penalties, a lot of good teams get flagged a lot for being aggressive, but it's quie another to get a lot of stupid penalties, and UF get a lot of stupid penalties. I think Humphries was called for a false start two or three times in a row in a game in 2013, that's when he was benched and magically developed an "injury" that kept him there the rest of the year. UF also needs to stop talking so much, they talk even when they are getting their butts kicked. One great example of how stupid players are is when latroy Pittman decided to run his mouth in the FSU game last year at a critical time, and wouldn't even shut up when he went to the sideline. McElwain needs to get a handle on that type of behavior, and hopefully, we won't see a UF player spit on someone, like Ronald Powell did in the future.

I hate you

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ancient Reptile;n225700 said:
Has P State improved?

They had been 43rd and 51st in recruiting the two years prior to his hiring. They've ranked 24th and 15th respectively since his arrival. So given the circumstances and state of things within the state of Florida, yes, we needed a guy that could slow down fsu's momentum and re energize UF. There is zero doubt in my mind that he, or Strong, would've done that. Most top players knew theyd be joining a team whose staff was likely gone, which is why they opted elsewhere. I know it's par for the course, and you and I rarely agree on anything. But this is reality.

Psu was crippled with sanctions and general sentiment was not good. Tough to walk in and turn that around immediately. But given what he accomplished at VU, I would be floored if he is unable to get a historical program, within a very weak conference, back on track fairly quickly. The only crippling we faced was self inflicted and could've been resolved at any point. Unfortunately, we chose to delay it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n225775 said:
I'm at a complete loss to understand how this decision was made.There is no logical explanation unless we are just totally broke and the books have all been cooked to show otherwise.

Hmm. You know, Fastow has been out for a few years and suspiciously quiet.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know Pasty doesn't like Franklin but he would've been a great hire IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator