Bad News: We are stuck with this loser Mac for at least 2 more years

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we get killed by Bama and lose the bowl game Mac will definitely be fighting for his job next season. Even with a crushing by Bama and a bowl game win he wont be secure if he reels off 4 losses again.
Unless we get a pure azzz raping so bad by bama that we get dropped to like the Clorox cleanup toilet bowl, there's no way we win a bowl game. This team is a walking disaster against anyone with a faint pulse.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Chris Leak, Cam Newton, Jordan Reed, Jacoby Brissett, Tyler Murphy, :rolleyes3:

I'm really freaking tired of hearing about racism.
Exactly, Cam screwed himself out of a shot at UF. And this BS about the boosters...? what, they hire Mac and tell him that all the Bulls are racist so don't think about recruiting any black QB's. Didn't we recruit the hell out of L Jackson? Keep an eye on Eason in the next few years and see if it's still the era of the black, athletic QB.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We've recruited plenty and tried to get more. Francois was a Gator at one point. Total BS statement that we're just racist.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, Cam screwed himself out of a shot at UF. And this BS about the boosters...? what, they hire Mac and tell him that all the Bulls are racist so don't think about recruiting any black QB's. Didn't we recruit the hell out of L Jackson? Keep an eye on Eason in the next few years and see if it's still the era of the black, athletic QB.
We told lamar jackson no thanks

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chris Leak, Cam Newton, Jordan Reed, Jacoby Brissett, Tyler Murphy, :rolleyes3:

I'm really freaking tired of hearing about racism.

Leak was not the kind of QB i'm talking about. pure pocket passer who needed tebow's x factor to carry us over the top.

Newton was run off of campus with no charges or wrongdoing leveled against him. yeah he and daddy were creepy and went fishing for dough, but that had no bearing on his dismissal from here as far as i know.

Reed was a stop gap that was an emergency necessity. He was always a TE and remains a damn good one today. never would have played if the qb situation hadn't gone into total and complete meltdown.

Brisset and Murphy. really? two guys who left because they weren't given a decent shot behind a doofus who threw every pass like a fastball and then both of them went on to tear it up at their transfer schools.

maybe there's a race issue that has begun to fester since newton, or maybe the guys running the recruiting show are one generation of idiots after another, but we repeatedly miss on the super talented qb's who are dotting the college football landscape, especially in the south, like a rash. something is wrong. very wrong.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We've recruited plenty and tried to get more. Francois was a Gator at one point. Total BS statement that we're just racist.

read my first post on this. closely. i'm not claiming i know it to be the case that's why i called it "scuttlebutt". but you know as well as i do that perception always trumps reality.

and if the kids don't think they can or will be given the chance to excel here because of coaching, the style of play, or the good ol boys - whatever it is that turns them off - they will blow us off and that is exactly what they've been doing.

franks or allen better be a touchdown jesus.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I rather hire Kiffin..at least he got creativity

jesus. it could actually happen. people will be so beaten down in a year or two if this keeps up that they won't care what an azzhat he is they'll be so desperate for points to come from somewhere besides a fumbled punt return.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
jesus. it could actually happen. people will be so beaten down in a year or two if this keeps up that they won't care what an azzhat he is they'll be so desperate for points to come from somewhere besides a fumbled punt return.

I would sell my soul to the devil but instead we get Butters and DelRio next year

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Leak was not the kind of QB i'm talking about. pure pocket passer who needed tebow's x factor to carry us over the top.

Newton was run off of campus with no charges or wrongdoing leveled against him. yeah he and daddy were creepy and went fishing for dough, but that had no bearing on his dismissal from here as far as i know.

Reed was a stop gap that was an emergency necessity. He was always a TE and remains a damn good one today. never would have played if the qb situation hadn't gone into total and complete meltdown.

Brisset and Murphy. really? two guys who left because they weren't given a decent shot behind a doofus who threw every pass like a fastball and then both of them went on to tear it up at their transfer schools.

maybe there's a race issue that has begun to fester since newton, or maybe the guys running the recruiting show are one generation of idiots after another, but we repeatedly miss on the super talented qb's who are dotting the college football landscape, especially in the south, like a rash. something is wrong. very wrong.
You obviously don't know squat about the newton situation. He was a 3 strikes you're out case. Got caught cheating by turning in a paper done by someone in a previous semester, given a second chance, turned in a paper bought online, busted again, then while waiting for the student conduct board to rule on him he gets busted stealing.

He was gonna be shown the door and he deserved every bit of it. Screw that guy.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
i've heard scuttlebutt about racist boosters and did not want to believe it, but this goes on year after year and even if it's not true, if we have a rep for only wanting the white

read my first post on this. closely. i'm not claiming i know it to be the case that's why i called it "scuttlebutt". but you know as well as i do that perception always trumps reality.

and if the kids don't think they can or will be given the chance to excel here because of coaching, the style of play, or the good ol boys - whatever it is that turns them off - they will blow us off and that is exactly what they've been doing.

franks or allen better by a touchdown jesus.
So are you claiming there's racism in the program or just throwing the R word out that without any backup. Because your first post seems to insinuate that there are racists boosters keeping black QB's from playing here. And if you're actually going to claim Cam was run out because he was black you're going to lose credibility here real quick.

Every one of those QB's I listed were recruited to play QB at the University of Florida and given full scholarships to do so. Jordan Reed started at QB and asked to move to TE because he said "being a QB was too hard". He even started at QB a couple of games and had to have Trey Burton (another black QB) tell him how to run the plays. Murphy was a 2 star with little chance of winning a starting job against higher rated QB's and yet still started a number of games at UF. Brissett didn't beat out Driskel and left because he didn't want to continue to compete. Driskel was hurt a lot and Brissett would have loaded if he stayed. His choice. He wasn't run out because he was black.

Please bring some facts here if your going to start calling people racist. Otherwise you're just shooting off at the mouth.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
You obviously don't know squat about the newton situation. He was a 3 strikes you're out case. Got caught cheating by turning in a paper done by someone in a previous semester, given a second chance, turned in a paper bought online, busted again, then while waiting for the student conduct board to rule on him he gets busted stealing.

He was gonna be shown the door and he deserved every bit of it. Screw that guy.

fine. but most of that sounds like ticky tacky crap that many students try to pull all the time. only the theft seems like something that warrants expulsion and that seems to have been his first offense of that sort, not something academic.

now tell me why our qb situation has been a continual sh*t show for six years.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
So are you claiming there's racism in the program or just throwing the R word out that without any backup. Because your first post seems to insinuate that there are racists boosters keeping black QB's from playing here. And if you're actually going to claim Cam was run out because he was black you're going to lose credibility here real quick.

Every one of those QB's I listed were recruited to play QB at the University of Florida and given full scholarships to do so. Jordan Reed started at QB and asked to move to TE because he said "being a QB was too hard". He even started at QB a couple of games and had to have Trey Burton (another black QB) tell him how to run the plays. Murphy was a 2 star with little chance of winning a starting job against higher rated QB's and yet still started a number of games at UF. Brissett didn't beat out Driskel and left because he didn't want to continue to compete. Driskel was hurt a lot and Brissett would have loaded if he stayed. His choice. He wasn't run out because he was black.

Please bring some facts here if your going to start calling people racist. Otherwise you're just shooting off at the mouth.

i didn't insinuate it. i have heard others do so. and that is exactly what i said. and it's quite possible that some of these players who didn't want to compete carried these insinuations with them as an excuse for leaving. if that is the case it has hurt us even worse for not being grounded in reality.

the fact remains we miss on game changing qb's year in and year out now.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
fine. but most of that sounds like ticky tacky crap that many students try to pull all the time. only the theft seems like something that warrants expulsion and that seems to have been his first offense of that sort, not something academic.

Ticky tacky! Cam also stole a laptop and was busted by police. Cam had a long rap sheet and left before the university kicked him out. None of it had anything to do with the boosters or the football program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What are you talking about? It was before the honor committee. He was about to be expelled from the school by them.

Stealing is a criminal matter to be handled by police. Cheating is an academic integrity problem. Punishment for that is to be doled out by the University. And that would've been expulsion.

This isn't FSU.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
i didn't insinuate it. i have heard others do so. and that is exactly what i said. and it's quite possible that some of these players who didn't want to compete carried these insinuations with them as an excuse for leaving. if that is the case it has hurt us even worse for not being grounded in reality.

the fact remains we miss on game changing qb's year in and year out now.

You've clearly made the case. We're all racist and our school, coaches and boosters don't want black QB's.

:lmao2:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What are you talking about? It was before the honor committee. He was about to be expelled from the school by them.

Stealing is a criminal matter to be handled by police. Cheating is an academic integrity problem. Punishment for that is to be doled out by the University. And that would've been expulsion.

This isn't FSU.

so be it. fsu and auburn have always been willing to turn the blind eye.

so is this why we miss on elite material? because they know they won't be allowed to run riot here? that's another piece of "scuttlebutt" i've heard.

if that's the case, then fine. we have our standards. i just want to understand this mountain of crap that is the UF football program at this moment in time. it's a beast without a head that gets beaten to a pulp when confronted with quality competition.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
You've clearly made the case. We're all racist and our school, coaches and boosters don't want black QB's.

:lmao2:

cleary i didn't and you're an azz for insisting on it. bye. and take some reading comp classes. they'll help.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why we couldn't just give a stud like cam a freakin laptop.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I don't understand why we couldn't just give a stud like cam a freakin laptop.
Haha i had the same convo earlier and then I said at Bama i'm sure all players get state of the art laptops for free, heck they'll even buy you a new shiny car

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator