Founding Member
“What’d you think of the previous Buccaneer’s coach, Jon?”
56f77880-3619-4773-911f-756fa52541db_text.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was the stats for Trask. He wasn’t good. Hope he can show out next week when he gets the start.
I didn’t watch it but I saw some analysis of his play. It looks like the interception was actually a bad play call. He was also playing with the twos and the OL was pretty bad.

He also supposedly had a couple big drops

We’ll see how he does next week. I believe he starts next week’s game.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
20-28 for 218 yards a TD and no int in a 13-6 win over the Jets

EDIT for Ox: I’m talking about Trask. Kyle Trask to be more specific. The one that used to play for us. And by us I mean the Gators. The Florida Gators more specifically.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
20-28 for 218 yards a TD and no int in a 13-6 win over the Jets

EDIT for Ox: I’m talking about Trask. Kyle Trask to be more specific. The one that used to play for us. And by us I mean the Gators. The Florida Gators more specifically.
Thanks for finally pulling your weight with a post. Recap I found:

"Trask served as the QB2 in Tampa Bay’s opening preseason game a week ago but got the start this time around. He played a half of football before hitting the pines, but a neck injury to John Wolford brought Trask back onto the field in the fourth quarter. Trask took care of the ball while throwing a handful of strikes for gains of 20 or more yards. The Bucs’ coaching staff has made it clear that they value ball security highly and Trask turned things around this week after throwing an ugly interception a week ago. Baker Mayfield remains the favorite to start in Week 1, but Trask has at least made things a legitimate competition in Tampa Bay."

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks for finally pulling your weight with a post. Recap I found:

"Trask served as the QB2 in Tampa Bay’s opening preseason game a week ago but got the start this time around. He played a half of football before hitting the pines, but a neck injury to John Wolford brought Trask back onto the field in the fourth quarter. Trask took care of the ball while throwing a handful of strikes for gains of 20 or more yards. The Bucs’ coaching staff has made it clear that they value ball security highly and Trask turned things around this week after throwing an ugly interception a week ago. Baker Mayfield remains the favorite to start in Week 1, but Trask has at least made things a legitimate competition in Tampa Bay."
Watched most of it. Trask had no help from his o line, no running game or pass protection early. He scrambled for a nice 5-7 yard gain but kept checking down to ineffectual passes to guys in the flat. Eventually some things opened downfield and he hit some very nice passes including the TD, which was placed just over the DB. Solid first half.

After the other QB went down, Trask returned and looked even better against the Jets’ 3rd teamers.

Given the limited talent around him, he looked good. Ran the plays well, no dumb throws, took shots where he could.

Yes, Mayfield has experience, but it’s .500 experience or worse. They need to find out if Trask has more upside, which will only happen in real games.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Good outing for Trask. Bucs apparently did't feel the need to see anything more from Mayfield in week 2.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Watched most of it. Trask had no help from his o line, no running game or pass protection early. He scrambled for a nice 5-7 yard gain but kept checking down to ineffectual passes to guys in the flat. Eventually some things opened downfield and he hit some very nice passes including the TD, which was placed just over the DB. Solid first half.

After the other QB went down, Trask returned and looked even better against the Jets’ 3rd teamers.

Given the limited talent around him, he looked good. Ran the plays well, no dumb throws, took shots where he could.

Yes, Mayfield has experience, but it’s .500 experience or worse. They need to find out if Trask has more upside, which will only happen in real games.
Baker will start and I have afeeling we will be seeing a mullen 2.0 with Bowles trying desperately to keep him off the field

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask played well even behind a backup OL that Bowles wasn't comfortable having Mayfield play with. He's facing a situation not unlike what he faced at UF. It'll likely take the starter, Mayfield, going down with an injury to give him the chance to earn the job for good.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Because they already know he sucks :grin:
He does suck, but he actually looked good in game 1. I think he’ll be the starter week 1.

But, it doesn’t matter who will start week 1. Bucs will prolly be 2-5, and will switch the QB anyway,

Trask and Baker are both gonna play this year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He does suck, but he actually looked good in game 1. I think he’ll be the starter week 1.

But, it doesn’t matter who will start week 1. Bucs will prolly be 2-5, and will switch the QB anyway,

Trask and Baker are both gonna play this year.
:scoff3:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I find it absolutely impossible to believe that an NFL team still thinks Baker Mayfield could be a franchise QB after his repeated failures, but the NFL never fails to come through with idiocy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator