Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread: 7'7" Olivier Rioux, "World's Tallest Teenager", commits to Florida

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sarcasm font wasn't working....

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, you were more down on the whoever the assistant coach is who handles the offense, but you definitely didn’t voice much optimism for TG. You can’t just fade into the hedge, Homer…

Last year sucked and I was critical of the product. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he is or will be a good coach. I was a big TG homer before the season too fwiw

It’s been an almost perfect offseason so optimism should be high rn

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The pieces seem good, let's see if the staff can coach and we can catch some breaks. On second thought, never mind.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Last year sucked and I was critical of the product. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he is or will be a good coach. I was a big TG homer before the season too fwiw

Good stuff in the off-season, but I’m tempering my optimism until I see great recruiting and the ability to maximize the talent. Last year’s team seemed to improve as the season progressed, but the roster sure looked like TG didn’t have much to work with.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I was and am a fan of any coach that replaced the athletics director masquerading as a basketball coach we had prior.
I didn’t read too much into last season since Golden was limited in what he could accomplish. So far he’s proven he can get them now we get to see if he can coach them.
I am optimistic which is an emotion that has been dormant for me with Gators basketball for several years.

No matter what, at least we have a chance which is a refreshing change.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Nice. I'm feeling good about things. Guess I'm gonna have to go to some BB games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator