Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread: 7'7" Olivier Rioux, "World's Tallest Teenager", commits to Florida

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the kids from Houston and Marshall are being brought in to be starters , then we'll have an even worse record next year. I could see both as quality bench players though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not even close to accurate
Did you happen to watch any of either guys tape or look at their stats? You have a guard that's a liability as a shooter, a tough guard but not the scorer we need. Then you have big that averaged less points a game than Reeves last year at Marshall. He rebounded well and blocked shots but he's 195 lbs , slow and just looks like he needs more time to develop before he becomes an SEC center. Again both guys could be good rotational players but neither are gonna be upgrades over what we had last year unless they're both considering coming off the bench .

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Did you happen to watch any of either guys tape or look at their stats? You have a guard that's a liability as a shooter, a tough guard but not the scorer we need. Then you have big that averaged less points a game than Reeves last year at Marshall. He rebounded well and blocked shots but he's 195 lbs , slow and just looks like he needs more time to develop before he becomes an SEC center. Again both guys could be good rotational players but neither are gonna be upgrades over what we had last year unless they're both considering coming off the bench .

He is 235 lbs now. He is one of the top 5 sought after centers...and probably the best defensive center transfer. He would start for us and thrive. You have to be open to transfers and look at what they actually bring. NBA level talent for Handlogten. Better chance than Castleton at getting drafting imo

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is 235 lbs now. He is one of the top 5 sought after centers...and probably the best defensive center transfer. He would start for us and thrive. You have to be open to transfers and look at what they actually bring. NBA level talent for Handlogten. Better chance than Castleton at getting drafting imo
I'm open to transfers. I don't see handlogden as nba prospect at all. No where near explosive enough. I think it's foolish that we decided to focus on a project over a guy(Cohen) that averaged 20 and 10. We need scoring.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
But he’s “highly touted”!
Last season, we had one of the most sought-after lineups of transfers out there, and we were average as average gets. Last season, we had a 3 time All-SEC center. This season, not so much. We'll be fortunate to win as many games as last season, though improved guard play will at least give us a chance. All we can hope for at this point is that we are still better than Mike White's UGA team. And as soon as that's not the case anymore, we should be shopping for a new coach and hopefully, a new AD.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'm open to transfers. I don't see handlogden as nba prospect at all. No where near explosive enough. I think it's foolish that we decided to focus on a project over a guy(Cohen) that averaged 20 and 10. We need scoring.
Lmao

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Love seeing the big name transfers we’re linked to. Need to land a handful and go into ‘23 with some hope

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.