Beavers part with Gary Andersen - Mac in their crosshairs?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/9/16449298/oregon-state-parting-ways-gary-anderson

Perfect job for Mac!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Remember that mess out there before about Oregon wanting Mac when they needed a coach. I about spilled my coffee reading that BS. His agent probably used that fake news to get our idiots to give him a raise and an extension.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If Mac leaves, does that get us out of the buyout?

This just hit me... does Corral follow Mac?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow. He left a better job at Wisconsin for that place and has completely laid an egg. Rumor was he didn't get along w/ Alverez (which is allegedly why Bert left there also).

Yes, this would be a great place for Butters. But I think that's wishful thinking. At his age, when (not "if") he is canned by UF I doubt he's ever a head coach again - unless it's at a Montana State (lesser level program). Hell, w/ the cash he's made at UF he likely hangs it up and buys a ranch out west and spend his days counting his UF buyout money...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's no buyout? He's owed $12 million on the remaining contract! Wow!!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He left 12m on the table. There has to be more to the story. Nobody, except Spurrier, leaves millions on the table,

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow. He left a better job at Wisconsin for that place and has completely laid an egg. Rumor was he didn't get along w/ Alverez (which is allegedly why Bert left there also).

Yes, this would be a great place for Butters. But I think that's wishful thinking. At his age, when (not "if") he is canned by UF I doubt he's ever a head coach again - unless it's at a Montana State (lesser level program). Hell, w/ the cash he's made at UF he likely hangs it up and buys a ranch out west and spend his days counting his UF buyout money...

SOS just called. Mac isn’t that old.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That guy must be crazy to leave without getting a buyout from them if that much was guaranteed.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac in the crosshairs of OSU? there's some wishful thinking.

I like it, though. It's hopeful:lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
SOS just called. Mac isn’t that old.

Huh? You're comparing McElwain and Steve Spurrier? C'mon, man!

If/when he is fired, he will be pushing 60 years old. He's a failed head coach and you think another program is going to give him another chance? Okay....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Both Anderson and Bert left because Alverez wanted to be still be part of the day to days according to reports.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? You're comparing McElwain and Steve Spurrier? C'mon, man!

If/when he is fired, he will be pushing 60 years old. He's a failed head coach and you think another program is going to give him another chance? Okay....

Failed at Florida, but look at his record, that would be an easy sell to a number of D1 schools without the expectations of Florida.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Ox, I understand the sentiment but Muschamp is about 10 years younger (still in his 40's) and, again, McElwain will be pushing 60. I doubt he gets a sniff, unless it's a mid-major/1AA team (like Fresno, Montana, Idaho, etc). Muschamp is a salesman, McElwain? He's a dud. I've said for years that Muschamp, Lane Kiffin, and Charlie Weis should write a book together on how to fleece college AD's out of millions of dollars.

On the other hand, look at Ed Orgeron, Gerry Dinardo, Mike Price, etc. AD's are like NFL GM's in hiring re-treads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.