Beavers part with Gary Andersen - Mac in their crosshairs?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4_2984910.jpg

Serious?
What do you think?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to sign up but it kept saying my email was invalid

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Here is something for you guys to think about: suppose OSU goes after him and Stricklin outbids them and keeps him here.

I would probably laugh so hard I would die. (Yes, I know several of you are in favor of the laughter.)

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Can we just swap coaches with Oregon State? It'd be an upgrade for us. Hell, is that guy's dad, or anyone else in his family available? Any of them would be an upgrade, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard this morning that Mac's mother lives in close vicinity of OSU. More fuel for the fire!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious that the fans of a shytty fourth tier program that is happy just to be bowl eligible aren't even interested in our Buttertoothed Beaver.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Beavers are a nice fit. Instead of commercials for clothing Mac can slip right into KY jelly ads. Heard his wife has their next entreprenewsreel project for out there: Mac will do the OSU Sunday tv show with hand-puppets, "Muffits. ,,, of course they will have to be renamed the Oregone State CFB program.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac leaves, does that get us out of the buyout?

This just hit me... does Corral follow Mac?
Coral might not come here but he won't go to OSU. He doesn't like the .rain..

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? You're comparing McElwain and Steve Spurrier? C'mon, man!

If/when he is fired, he will be pushing 60 years old. He's a failed head coach and you think another program is going to give him another chance? Okay....
Yes, he's getting long in the tooth, but as the picture proves, his teeth are good just a tad yellow...in fact kind of like a beavers'. he's just reaching his prime.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting ... in the cross hairs of a beaver? ... relingus buyout?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He left 12m on the table. There has to be more to the story. Nobody, except Spurrier, leaves millions on the table,

More to this story has come out, but still doesn't explain him leaving $12+ million on the table. He was unhappy and was unhappy w/ the administration.....says he hired the wrong assistants and says the administration went cheap (sound familiar???):

Gary Andersen blasted his staff in texts to reporter before leaving Oregon State

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...oregon-state/ar-AAth5p5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ientp

Oregon State and its football coach Gary Andersen announced they were mutually parting ways Monday, sparking the obvious question of why? Especially when Andersen left about $12.7 million on the table, USA TODAY Sports reported.

But when you combine the Beavers' 1-5 start - most recently a 38-10 loss to USC on Saturday - with the candid text messages Andersen sent to a reporter for The Oregonian about his team, it makes a little more sense.

Andersen sent reporter John Canzano a series of increasingly frustrated text messages throughout the last six weeks, and The Oregonian published some of them Tuesday. It was noted that the former Oregon State coach was told his words were going to be published in advance.

Here are a couple that shed a little light on Andersen's mindset, including his obvious frustration with his coaching staff.

Via The Oregonian (emphasis is reporter's):

Andersen (Sept. 1):"Love my kids just want to see them take a step!! Don't expect greatness but I do want to see progress!.. I will fight! It's an interesting battle. However I asked for it and love my kids! We still need to step up around here and stop being small time!! … We played hard as hell … blown coverages and poor run fits… our youth hurt us bad… it's on us. This team should get to a bowl game. If not I will be highly disappointed!! Getting old… patience isn't what it used to be!!"

That was the first one published chronologically, and according to the paper, it was sent the day before the team's lone win against Portland State. But the rest go downhill from there.

More from The Oregonian:

Andersen (Sept 12):"I have them by the (expletive) for every penny, no buyout for the next four not counting this year… but that's not my style!! If it does not improve I will do some crazy (expletive) with my salary so I can pay the right coaches the right money!!"

Andersen (Sept. 20):"I hired the wrong (expletive) guys and are still working our way through a bunch of recruiting years that stunk!! It's year three! If these (expletives) can't get it right I will not just say fire them and start over!! That's not the way to go about it. If I (expletive) it up that bad I will take the bullet and ride off into the sunset! I will stay old school!! I will not die doing this (expletive)!! Stay tuned!"

Read more of the messages and full story over at The Oregonian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.