Beer Sales at Football Games

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n236296 said:
Muschamp would've never made it past 2013 with a bunch of drunk, angry Gators holding beer bottles.

My thoughts exactly, and perhaps Vole fans might get rowdy when we put another loss on them.

Of course in my day there were a lot of empty and broken bottles from real liquor under the seats.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n236308 said:
I doubt it. They're pretty used to it after 10 years.

Well since I live among some of them I can assure you that they have not become used to it and probably never will.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n236318 said:
Well since I live among some of them I can assure you that they have not become used to it and probably never will.

It's a good thing you're trained in Vulcan self-defense techniques!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n236320 said:
It's a good thing you're trained in Vulcan self-defense techniques!

Well I have been known to raise both hands. No it is not hands up don't shoot, but rather when you win after 10 tries you can then talk some stuff to me. Otherwise be polite.

I am respectful to them until and unless they are not respectful to me. I could mention the SEC all sports championships and every other sport other than female BBall but they don't thing that they count sort of like how some here don't either.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Well, if Mizzou fans were like the rest of the SEC I'd probably be sitting in a cell right now. They're actually quite humble and feel appreciative that they have an opportunity to compete in the SEC.
Football around here is nothing like the south.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's really it that big a deal at the games. The Mountain West Conference allows the sale of beer at their games. There are tons of vending areas around the stadiums and they don't sell up and down the aisles. The choices are great, quite honestly. Regular Bud and Bud Light but then also local breweries as well as other choices from light to dark. Because there are a lot of choices, lines aren't that's long. At the end of the halftime, they shut I'd down just like at a MLB game. I mean, cops standing their making sure they don't sell another beverage.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;236338 said:
It's really it that big a deal at the games. The Mountain West Conference allows the sale of beer at their games. There are tons of vending areas around the stadiums and they don't sell up and down the aisles. The choices are great, quite honestly. Regular Bud and Bud Light but then also local breweries as well as other choices from light to dark. Because there are a lot of choices, lines aren't that's long. At the end of the halftime, they shut I'd down just like at a MLB game. I mean, cops standing their making sure they don't sell another beverage.

Are you trying to compare MWC fans to SEC fans??? Lines aren't long bc there's like 10,000 fans there!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n236346 said:
Are you trying to compare MWC fans to SEC fans??? Lines aren't long bc there's like 10,000 fans there!
There's better beer to be had out west as well. Not that the east coast and the south don't have any good beer (they're catching up), but all I can envision is bud light, natty light (sorry Jabber), and coors light in those hard plastic bottles, which can be used as pretty good projectile if the thing is any more than 1/3-full.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No, not at all. Actually more about the process. More about the process. And to be honest, there would be 500 different carts

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know the world revolves around the WAC Part 2.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n236352 said:
There's better beer to be had out west as well. Not that the east coast and the south don't have any good beer (they're catching up), but all I can envision is bud light, natty light (sorry Jabber), and coors light in those hard plastic bottles, which can be used as pretty good projectile if the thing is any more than 1/3-full.

I'm sure Cigar City would have something that would please you. You should definitely try SwampHead next time you're in G'ville. They love the hops. I'm not a fan, but if you like hops, you'll probably like it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n236381 said:
I'm sure Cigar City would have something that would please you. You should definitely try SwampHead next time you're in G'ville. They love the hops. I'm not a fan, but if you like hops, you'll probably like it.

I've had a lot of the Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City and it's good. Swamphead Big Nose would also do. The question is, would they sell those beers or other IPAs at the game? I wouldn't count on it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see how it goes here in Austin now that they are allowed to sell beer at games. The reality is they might need some alcohol in their fans just to get loud. Texas home games don't come close to comparing to an SEC crowd. The tailgating on the other hand could compete with most SEC schools.

I don't see them doing this at the Swamp. The reality is we have enough problems with students not showing up or showing up late and not making a ton of noise these days. I get the team hasn't been great, but your a college kid... come early, be loud, stay late... get drunk before hand and get handy with plastic bags like we all did.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Foley wouldn't be the only SEC AD to vote against it:

What’s not to love about rivalries?
A day after the University of Texas announced it will start selling beer and wine to fans during football games this season, Texas A&M chancellor John Sharp struck down the idea of the Aggies approving alcohol sales at Kyle Field.
And he did so, emphatically.
A&M chancellor Sharp on alcohol at events: “Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol.”
— Gabe Bock (@GabeBock) June 18, 2015

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n237084 said:
A&M chancellor Sharp on alcohol at events: “Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol.”

:lmao:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I'm with Bart, if its just Bud and Bud light why bother. The stadium bathroom situation is so nasty, it isn't worth the beer. I always wanted to sell growlers at our beer establishment back in the day . . . but Florida didn't (and still doesn't) allow carry out craft beer. How cool would Gator Growlers be?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n236302 said:
I'm an IPA fan, an IPA snob actually, and I have a limit on how much fizzy yellow swill I will drink and how long I have to wait in line to get said swill. I doubt there would be any decent beers offered at the stadium (especially if all they're going to vend is plastic bottles), so this is really a non-issue to me. Would I drink an ice cold fizzy yellow beer if someone at the game handed it to me? You betcha!
:snob:

Oh so you like drinking human urine? Awesome.

Jun 2, 2015
Quite a few colleges sell beer during football games. Miami has sold beer for a number of years both at the Orange Bowl & Sun Life. However, only sell beer in the private suites for basketball games. Not sure if that is because basketball arena in on campus and football off campus. South FL sells beer and wine @ games and UCF sells in the suites and FSU sells in the club level only. I believe the SEC conference has stricter rules about alcohol than the other conferences, but the NCAA doesn't have any policy regarding alcohol. Like anything else sold in the stadiums, the beer is very expensive. FL & GA voted to keep the Gator Bowl game in Jax. "dry".....you gotta admit that is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.