Beer Sales at Football Games

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n235200 said:
Then they're professionals. The stipend is worded to only cover the full cost of attendance.

Kinda, but not really. It's still filtered through the UAA as a percent of their revenue. It's not as salary or a commission. Just a different line item on the overall budget.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n235208 said:
Kinda, but not really. It's still filtered through the UAA as a percent of their revenue. It's not as salary or a commission. Just a different line item on the overall budget.
If you gave them a percentage of the profits as opposed to a flat amount that is worded to only be for the full cost of attendance, then they would be considered employees and thus professionals.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, forget the paying of the athletes.

It only make sense to sell beer, and wine, at the games. It's a win across the board.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Have beer-girls dressed like Hooters gals. Sell peanuts first, then beer to slake the thirst.
Two-bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar. All for Gators stand up and woller.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n235097 said:
Probably not since drinking to excess would (might) interfere with the effect.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Orion_(Star_Trek)

Orion females are known through the galaxy for their beauty and for releasing strong pheromones which make their attraction particularly hard to resist. In at least some occasions, the Orions have been able to take advantage of this to persuade others to do what they want. Orions are a cunning, dangerous and opportunistic species, frequently found involved with conspiracy, piracy and slavery of other species as well as their own
So most females are Orions....

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm not in favor of it. Yeah, I'd like to have some, and yeah I recognize it would make a lot of money, and yeah I know NFL stadium sell it. But remember, you're talking about rival fan bases seperated by a few drunken stumble steps. The yelling alone is not safe for children when walking outside the UF-UGA game or when passing through Doak Campbell, and I imagine other fans feel similar about our stadium. Bottom line, you'd have to pay for a heckuva lot more police and we'd have plenty of headlines that aren't about the game itself. NFL fans, whlie nuts at times, are not as voilently given to express their opinion to opposing colors with physical emphasis when opportunities present themselves as are college fans.

Give it a trial run for a year, or better yet let other schoold try it out for a bit. But I think within 5 yrs, any school with beer sales will be looking to reverse that decision.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n235323 said:
I'm not in favor of it. Yeah, I'd like to have some, and yeah I recognize it would make a lot of money, and yeah I know NFL stadium sell it. But remember, you're talking about rival fan bases seperated by a few drunken stumble steps. The yelling alone is not safe for children when walking outside the UF-UGA game or when passing through Doak Campbell, and I imagine other fans feel similar about our stadium. Bottom line, you'd have to pay for a heckuva lot more police and we'd have plenty of headlines that aren't about the game itself. NFL fans, whlie nuts at times, are not as voilently given to express their opinion to opposing colors with physical emphasis when opportunities present themselves as are college fans.

Give it a trial run for a year, or better yet let other schoold try it out for a bit. But I think within 5 yrs, any school with beer sales will be looking to reverse that decision.

I agree with this. Yes money will be made; however, there will probably be an increase in underage drinking, fights, and college kids just doing stupid things. I think it would be wise to see what happens at Texas before any decisions are made.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n235335 said:
I agree with this. Yes money will be made; however, there will probably be an increase in underage drinking, fights, and college kids just doing stupid things. I think it would be wise to see what happens at Texas before any decisions are made.

I don't think there will be much more of an issue with violence, if at all. The folks that want to drink in excess are doing it already, with or without beer sales. I think it just enables others to be able to enjoy a few beers while watching the game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n235356 said:
I don't think there will be much more of an issue with violence, if at all. The folks that want to drink in excess are doing it already, with or without beer sales. I think it just enables others to be able to enjoy a few beers while watching the game.

Spot on.

WVU already did a study on this with Oliver Luck, their AD. By allowing the sale of beer at the games, it actually reduced police involved issues. People aren't pounding beers outside the stadium before going in cause now they can get them in the stadium.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n235356 said:
I agree with this. A few beers ain't gonna hurt nobody. With long lines and the high price of the beers, it's gonna be hard for fans to get retardedly drunk.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I heard Ackerman discussing this on his radio show the other day and he said that UF will not sale beer at the game's as long as Foley Is the AD.

I laughed out loud.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n235369 said:
I agree with this. A few beers ain't gonna hurt nobody. With long lines and the high price of the beers, it's gonna be hard for fans to get retardedly drunk.

That's actually a good point. Not many people, especially most college students, can afford many $7 or $8 beers.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't handle your alcohol, then don't show up to the games.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like it only if it's bottles packed in ice and vended in the stands. $10 a pop. I'll take the concession and give the University $5 per bottle!

Dec 10, 2014
This could be a game changer for law. Maybe the copious amounts of flowing alcohol could help him get laid for once, so he's not always trying to **** Foley

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Seriously, the last few years may have gone better with a few beers along the way. Of course you have mean drunks.sad drunks and fighting drunks so who knows where it would have lead to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator