1. 5 Guys
2. Burger 21
3. Grillsmith

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Jabberdave;n185484 said:
One of my personal favorite greasy cheeseburgers comes from Bev's Better Burgers.
I worked in Alachua for about 8 yrs and had Bev's 1-2 times a week (ok, probably more often). Conestoga's on Main Street in Alachua was pretty good with the burgers as well from what I recall.

​
-THE DUDE-;n185568 said:
I don't believe that was the same as the west coast chain
Completely unrelated chains between what G'ville had and what the West Coast has. Ours (G'ville's) was better, IMO.

Top 3 today would likely be:
5 Guys (yes, overpriced, but still the best)
Checkers (got hooked bad in college)
and until recently I'd say Wendy's. Those hot'n'juicy were better than McD or Bk by a long shot, though now even the thought of eating at any of those three makes me nauseous.

We don't have Checkers up here (PA), and 5 guys is a once every few months indulgence when the wife takes the kids out of town.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n186801 said:
I worked in Alachua for about 8 yrs and had Bev's 1-2 times a week (ok, probably more often). Conestoga's on Main Street in Alachua was pretty good with the burgers as well from what I recall.

​
Completely unrelated chains between what G'ville had and what the West Coast has. Ours (G'ville's) was better, IMO.

Top 3 today would likely be:
5 Guys (yes, overpriced, but still the best)
Checkers (got hooked bad in college)
and until recently I'd say Wendy's. Those hot'n'juicy were better than McD or Bk by a long shot, though now even the thought of eating at any of those three makes me nauseous.

We don't have Checkers up here (PA), and 5 guys is a once every few months indulgence when the wife takes the kids out of town.

I had forgotten about Conestoga's, every now and then when up in the Gainesville area I hit Conestoga's... but I've never had their burgers. Checkers is that burger that I hit after concerts or sporting events. Still tastes pretty decent and is cheap and easy.

I can't eat Wendy's or McDonald's anymore without paying for it later.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n186760 said:
like when you let me know you're at World of Beer :finger:

I was there Saturday and last night! :cheers:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n186770 said:
1. 5 Guys
2. Burger 21
3. Grillsmith

Burger 21 is also good.

Square One Burgers is also quite delicious, and it looks like one just opened in Gainesville.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Five guys - cajun fries
B21 or Whataburger

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Five Guys does serve a veggie burger and a grilled cheese.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Veggie burgers... Their only reason for existing is to get the wife into a burger joint so I don't have to do without a good ole beef burger... For that, I am grateful...

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Jabberdave;n185484 said:
One of my personal favorite greasy cheeseburgers comes from Bev's Better Burgers. There's one in Alachua and two in High Springs. Whenever we head out to O'Leno, we make it a point to hit Bev's. I came back to Gainesville from a funeral out in Bell and added about 20 minutes to my return home just to hit Bev's in Alachua. Their onion rings are fantastic.

No doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator