Best fast food burger

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've been low carbing for over a year now and even before rarely eat fast food (except for Chick-fil-a). We had Five Guys a few nights ago, at the wife's request. I haven't had a BK, McD's, Wendy's, or any other fast food burger in quite a few years. What are your favorites?

Shake Shack is pretty good. Whataburger is solid. Five Guys is good, a little pricey though (but I don't like their greasy fries). I like Red Robin, but that's not really 'fast food' (is it?). In-and-Out is overrated imo.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
5 Guys and Shake Shake Shack are probably my top 2 when rating the burger itself. Good shakes, too.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We have a chain here called “Hopdoddy” - not sure how widespread they are. Burgers are very good, especially the buffalo burger, and fries are tasty as well. Big beer selection fills it out.

looks like they are mostly western, but a couple in Tennessee.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really like Five Guys but I don't consider that Fast Food. No Drive Thru. Fast Food has to have a Drive Thru. I'd go with In & Out but it has to be consumed immediately. My wife likes to have me go there and bring it home but it's close to being cold by the time I get home and it's not the same. Eat it there or in the parking lot. Steak N Shake is also really good.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
If just looking for something quick I usually just grab Wendy’s. Whataburger is good but the line is usually to long.

I like Five Guys when stepping it up a little but at their price I should get better cheese than a Kraft single.

best burger I used to get was a restaurant called the pickle barrel in the small town I went to college in.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I've been low carbing for over a year now and even before rarely eat fast food (except for Chick-fil-a). We had Five Guys a few nights ago, at the wife's request. I haven't had a BK, McD's, Wendy's, or any other fast food burger in quite a few years. What are your favorites?

Shake Shack is pretty good. Whataburger is solid. Five Guys is good, a little pricey though (but I don't like their greasy fries). I like Red Robin, but that's not really 'fast food' (is it?). In-and-Out is overrated imo.
As you live in S. Arlington, would I be correct that you went to the 5G’s @ King & Walter Reed? I ask because that’s the oldest 5G’s in existence and was their second location. The original was in Westmark Plaza on Columbia Pike, no idea why but they ultimately closed that location in the late 90’s. Sadly it’s now a sub shop or some such.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have a chain here called “Hopdoddy” - not sure how widespread they are. Burgers are very good, especially the buffalo burger, and fries are tasty as well. Big beer selection fills it out.

looks like they are mostly western, but a couple in Tennessee.

Is that 'fast food' though? There's a lot of 'boutique' or 'gourmet' burger places that sell $10 burgers + whatever the fries are - along w/ craft beers, etc. I'm talking pure "fast food" - which I consider Five Guys to be.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I really like Five Guys but I don't consider that Fast Food. No Drive Thru. Fast Food has to have a Drive Thru. I'd go with In & Out but it has to be consumed immediately. My wife likes to have me go there and bring it home but it's close to being cold by the time I get home and it's not the same. Eat it there or in the parking lot. Steak N Shake is also really good.

I think Five Guys is fast food, per se - even though there's no drive through.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
As you live in S. Arlington, would I be correct that you went to the 5G’s @ King & Walter Reed? I ask because that’s the oldest 5G’s in existence and was their second location. The original was in Westmark Plaza on Columbia Pike, no idea why but they ultimately closed that location in the late 90’s. Sadly it’s now a sub shop or some such.

That place closed about 3 years ago. They built a condo/apartment complex on that corner - it's just now finishing up. There's a Silver's Diner in there and a Harris Teeter (the Teeter's not open yet). They opened a new Five Guys in the plaza just up Route 7/Leesburg Pike (about a half mile from King & Walter Reed). You know your Northern Virginia GBM!!

On that note - I ate at the original Red Robin in Seattle. And, coincidentally, I'm pretty sure it's gone now too.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Five Guys is fast food, per se - even though there's no drive through.
I agree to disagree. Do you think Johnny Rockets is fast food? Red Robin?

Fast food must have a drive thru in my book.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That place closed about 3 years ago. They built a condo/apartment complex on that corner - it's just now finishing up. There's a Silver's Diner in there and a Harris Teeter (the Teeter's not open yet). They opened a new Five Guys in the plaza just up Route 7/Leesburg Pike (about a half mile from King & Walter Reed). You know your Northern Virginia GBM!!

On that note - I ate at the original Red Robin in Seattle. And, coincidentally, I'm pretty sure it's gone now too.
Well that sucks. That was as close to a burger Mecca as I was aware of! Thank God the original Moe’s and the Original Chik-fil-A are still around!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree to disagree. Do you think Johnny Rockets is fast food? Red Robin?

Fast food must have a drive thru in my book.

I don't think either Johnny Rockets or Red Robin are fast food. They have waiters, serve beer, and have a bar.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think either Johnny Rockets or Red Robin are fast food. They have waiters, serve beer, and have a bar.
I don’t know of a single Johnny Rockets that serves beer. Please enlighten me.

Five Guys is different then Fast Food in my book. Again, I agree to disagree here.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Steak N Shake is good but I'd rather not be able to read a news paper through the beef patties. Best thing about them is that you can go through the drive-thru and they will give free fries to everyone in the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator